News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Adeptus - Show us your Space Marines!  (Read 84942 times)

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
Re: Show us your SMs!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 01:22:39 PM »

Offline Cortez

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
The sallies are eek's. But thanks anyway.
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:55 AM »
Hey there,

I normally post on the IG boards, but as I have very recently started a couple of Space marine Armies I thought I'd throw my hat in and stick up some pics.

I hope it's Ok to post work in progress stuff.

Anyway here's the start of my Black Templars:

And my Ultramarines:

Obviously still along way to go, neither one is actually an army yet, but I am painting the Ultramarines as part of a Tale of Four gamers challenge running in the Projects Board, and so I should have 1500 points completed at the end of July.
Dig in, and wait for winter.

Offline Arkion

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »
First, thank you all for the compliments!

Eek, those Salamanders are top notch, and Chris, your Ultramarines have a very classic feel, like the kind of marines you'd see in the Codex itself.  I'm a big fan of your Cadian 8th, also.

Vaughn, you pulled off orange and black without making me think immediately of Halloween.  Well done!  I especially like the diagonal bar across the Dreadnought.  Any reason why you named your chapter "Vaughn?"

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 09:08:30 AM »
I was at sea when I started my venture into 40K with moc065. My original plan was to get a tiger pattern going. However through some carefull research in some bad attempts by others. Not by Heimdall he did it quite well I think, I turned away. Not to mention my experience painting was quite futile to try let alone my patience.

Anyway back to your question as to why I named my chapter "Vaughn". Orange happened to be my son's favorite colour. His middle name is also ...
Vaughn ... and since he was quite drawn to my Gundams and Robotech, I had a feeling he would be more then excited to see the mini army guys. Hence his addiction to bond with Dad with 40K Space marines now too... Much to his Mom's cringing dislike. LOL Expense wise anyway.

So that is how the Vaughn Chapter came to be. Glad you liked it.

I have a second dread I am readying to paint now, more then likly similar in scheme however a opposite diagnal to differ the two.

As I finish the rest of my army, scouts, assault termies, another tac squad, a dread and another captain I will be posting the pics again. The termies however are going to be unique. I just hope it works.

Cheers

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 09:43:55 AM »
Hey Guys,

Cheers Eek, I'm pretty pleased with how they've turned out, and am glad they feel "Codexey" as that was the look I was after. And cheers for the comment about my Cadians, I miss painting them but I'm waiting for the new Codex before I do any more.

As I have been painting up some more Ultramarines I thought I would stick a couple of pics up.

These guys aren't quite finished yet but as I had the camera this week I thought I'd get some work in progess shots.

5 man Ultramarines Tactical Squad:

Rhino Transport:

Along with my scouts this will make up the first 250 points of my army. I still have to finish the Rhino and glue on the boltguns, but they're nearly there.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:52:13 AM by Chris Parsons »

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »
Have you ever tried for 'Eavy Metal Chris?

And I recognise you - I saw you at GD.

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
Hey Raktra,

I have thought about applying for a position with 'Eavy Metal once or twice but decided that unfortunately although it would be a dream job it just doesn't pay enough.

It's a sad fact that Games Workshop is a fantatstic employer (despite what many people may think I worked for them for a very long time and they were a great employer who taught me loads) but they pay very low wages.

Plus I think you have to relocate to Nottingham which at this point in my life isn't a possibility, but I'm not ruling it out altogether.

I'm chuffed that you think I'd be in with a shot though, and I'd love to see if they'd have me just to learn how to paint more quickly if nothing else!

And as for recognising me yes I do get around a bit and my hair kind of gives me away!  ;D

Next time you see me come and say hi, it would be great to meet fellow 40KOnliners (is that word....)

Cheers!  :)

Offline Butters

• Ork Boy
  • Ev'ryone knows, it's Butters!
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
Job? I want one!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

beewair of mi speling.

the below sentence is true.
the above sentence is a lie.

youngest 40k onliner and proud

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
It's a shame about that, you really do have the skill.

Offline eek 107

• PROTESF
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 12:16:28 PM »
Finished up a couple of my tanks for the Sallies.

Vulkan's Fist (Land Raider Redeemer)

And an as yet unnamed Predator

Gotta love the Forge World tank bits!

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline Max Power

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »
As always Eek, your painting is a joy to the eye. Truly amazing work. The same goes to all of the other painters in this thread, you are all fantastic.

I thought about posting some of mine, but not after seeing these :P.

Keep up the good work!
Kids, there's three ways to do things.  The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
Isn't that the wrong way?
Yes, but faster!

Offline Herrick6893

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »

This is most of my marines, I have added since this picture was taken.

Offline pdelair

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
This is the only image I have available at work. Will try to add more later.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:46:05 PM by pdelair »

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
Eek and Pdelair - slick. beslubberin' slick models.

I finally have a camera, so I'll get my stuff up tonight (ALL WIP mind)

Offline pdelair

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:08 AM »
More stuff available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/18569737@N02/sets/72157614996916359/. Mostly table shots.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:02:43 AM by pdelair »

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:34 AM »
Hey guys, there is some lovely stuff on here! I love those Salamanders Eek, and its good to see some Space Wolf love too! And all those Ultras, makes me want a Thunderhawk, must resist....

Well my own Ultramarines army is progressing, so I thought I would post some pics of my new stuff. These are still very much Painting in Progress, but they are close enough to completion to show.

Scout Squad 2:
Sergeant Combi Plasma, Heavy Bolter, 3 x Bolters

Space marine captain: Relic blade, Combi Melta

Army so far: 500 points

Offline Heimdall

• Painted Figures
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
My painting skills aren't up to the same standard as most of this thread but, here are my most recent additions.

Ironclad, on this one I decided to go with a large sword instead of the normal fist for the DCCW.

Here are all my dreads with the Master of the Forge, I'm getting a Siege Dread from FW to round out my dreadnought army.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
a brown wash on the skulls and scrolls would make a great change, and start practising drybrushing it is a great way to make a miniature look like it i painted very well (i use it a lot, i suck at highlighting)

do i see warmachine parts? heresy and blasphemy! ;D
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Arkion

« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »
Just want to comment on how GOOD these armies look!

Haha, and we're all so polite here, not spamming the compliments we're all thinking and making this into a 465-page long thread with 10 pics.  Good netiquette, but I think we can give these people some more applause, amirite? =)