News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Tyranids  (Read 974 times)

Offline 13skaveninabox

• She's Purty.....
New Tyranids
« on: May 25, 2004, 05:37:33 PM »
some may know tyranids are getting redone, with new codex and new minis. i find it hard to make and start purchasing new things for tyranids knowing that in a few months that there may be new bugs and new rules and new models.....(Possibly plastic gargoyles)...knowing whats coming i find it really hard to start planning or put any effort into nids until the 4th ed versions are released......does anyone else have the same feelings?
Lighting strikes As*holes first...

Offline Hivemind

Re: New Tyranids
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:00:22 AM »
Not really.  I haven't heard anything about major changes to either the Tyranid codex rules or the the model line.  I think we may get a tweak or two and possibly a new model but I doubt there will be anything big.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
Re: New Tyranids
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2004, 02:24:17 AM »
Genestealers with posable arms, and they'll look like their Inquisitor scale counterpart. Heard it at the Vancouver GT.

It's nice, as they and Terminators are the two oldest models still in use, but it's not as nice as plastic Gargoyels.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.