News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tournament Tomorrow 500Pt Suggestions  (Read 434 times)

Offline Ivellos

Tournament Tomorrow 500Pt Suggestions
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:55:27 PM »
So tomorrow at the LGS there a tournament starting, first game will be 500pt with Omega Rules so I just wanted some input on the list I plan on bringing.

Possible 1

HQ
Hive Tyrant - x2 Twin Linked Devourers, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacks     121

Troops
Genestealers (8) 128
Genestealers (8) 128
Genestealers (6) EC 120

Total  497

Changes for 1

Exchange the Genestealers with EC for non EC.

HQ
Hive Tyrant - x2 Twin Linked Devourers, Enhanced Senses, Toxin Sacks    Hive Mind Power (One of the 3 10 Point ones) 131

Troops
Genestealers (8) 128
Genestealers (8) 128
Genestealers (7) 112

Total  499

Other possibility's include usage of Lictors Zoanthropes or Raveners but I want to know if they would be worth it.

Offline Lazarus15

• Fantasy>5th Ed.
Re: Tournament Tomorrow 500Pt Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:08:29 PM »
It might be a slight bit of powergaming, but the only thing I can see that I would change, is to take away the last squad of genestealers, and add in a Dakka Fax for 113 pts.

With that same train of thought you could add in 3 raveners in squads of 1, instead of that third genestealer squad. 

The very last thing that i personally would contemplate is adding in two zoanthropes with psychic scream, and warp blast. 
Kings of Khemri versus The Master of Change.

Warseer Member Charred Remains about the 5th Ed. "No Retreat Rule" :

"But this 'no retreat rule' thing now just doesn't have any drama.The rule executes with the speed of an oncoming sore throat. It's a slow dickover. Kinda like doing your taxes. I'd vote to change it."

Offline Ivellos

Re: Tournament Tomorrow 500Pt Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »
Sadly I don't have a Dakkafex in time for this since my next carnifex didn't come in the mail yet. May consider the other two options though.