News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can someone offer me a little help?  (Read 423 times)

Offline volgon8 is dead!!

• http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=31750
Can someone offer me a little help?
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »
OK so I'm wondering how to transform this 750 point army but i have a budget that is very low so can someone help me my list is as followed:

1 broodlord with extended carapace, toxin sacs, and 6 genestealers with scything talons and extended carapace  234 points  (total)

6 genestealers with scything talons and extended carapace  144 points (total)

2 squads of gaunts with 10 per squad with fleshborers, scuttlers, and without number  220 points (total)

2 zanthrope with warp blast and synapse creature  130 points  (total)

2 squads of bio-acid spore mines with one in each  24 points  (total)

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
Re: Can someone offer me a little help?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
I'm a little confused about what you want to transform it into.  Do you want it to be better?  Do you want it to be 1500 points?
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
OK sorry if i wasn't clear i was in a hurry to post this army i would like to keep this a 750 army but i only have 20 gaunts, 12 genestealers, 16 spore mines, and 1 broodlord  (basically two battle of macronage tyranind sets and a broodlord) but I'm not a good army builder so any comments, suggestions, or questions about this army will be very helpful

So basically i want to make it better
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 11:49:55 AM by volgon8 »

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »
A flyrant, a fex or two, some hormagaunts, and some zoanthropes would be a good start to add to your army.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »
umm what???

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 02:12:01 PM »
o nvm i get it ty

Offline lt_sparky

• If all hope is lost, cheat.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 05:17:22 PM »
u need more troops especially hormagaunts also drop the without number and scuttlers on the gaunts. tyranids are a swarm army u need lots of cheap troops and big scary monsters. so get a carnifex.

if u have a budget problem use the hormagaunts that u got with your gaunts make them cheap though, so i would say use everything u got in the 2 gaunt boxes 16 gaunts and 16 hormagaunts.

your genestealers are also pricey cut out the scything talons its over kill in 750 pts list, but definatly give them extended carapace.

i wouldnt take two zoanthroapes, one should do it if u use it right, they are good but again this isnt a huge list

definatly try get hold of a carnifex always a good thing, but just make sure u keep it cheap i would suggest a Dakkafex 2 devourer, enhanced senses, 113

so ya thats what i think but troops are the main priority then the carnifex. good luck
sparky
(watch this space, im looking for a quote)

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »
There isn't  a whole lot you can do with the models you have.  Frankly, you're spending too many points on these brrods to make 750 points.  What you need to get get some money together and get the battle force.  Then you'll have a playable army.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 09:01:04 PM »
I second what Yuengling said.  My army was at the 750 point level and consisted of 2 BFM's nids and a Battleforce for the longest time.  750 is a hard level to build a tyranid army for, but you really need those extra numbers at this point.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"