News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 pt nid list  (Read 410 times)

Offline Mork Incarnate

• "I'm kind of a big deal"
1850 pt nid list
« on: August 4, 2006, 10:20:40 AM »
hi all.  this is my second attempt at writting a competitive nid list.  i have 58pts left and no idea where to spend it.

HQ: Tyrant w/ venom cannon, extended carapace, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, adrenal glands(ws), catalsyt, scything talons
184pts
2 Tyrant guard w/ lash whips
90pts

Elites:
3 warriors w/ wings, adrenal glands (I), scything talons, rending claws
123pts

3 warriors w/ wings, adrenal glands (I), scything talons, rending claws
123pts

Troops:

8 stealers w/ extended carapace
160pts

8 stealers w/ extended carapace
160pts

16 hormigaunts w/ adrenal glands (both)
192pts

192pts

192pts

Heavy support:

Carnifex w/
venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses, extended carapace, reinforced chitin
188pts

Carnifex w/
venom cannon, barbed strangler, enhanced senses, extended carapace, reinforced chitin
188pts

like i said i have 58 pts left and don't know what to spend it on.  what do you think?

Offline Scalu

• Craftworld Zaitor / Splinter Fleet Whiteclaw
    • Campaign Maps
Re: 1850 pt nid list
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2006, 02:31:44 PM »
I like your army, it looks good.  Just enough shooting against vehicles, and a good amount of troops too.

You might have problems against other horde armies since they could outnumber you easily at this point level.  Also tank heavy armies could pose problems too.  The solution, guants with toxin sacs and fleshborers.  Enough strength to take on most rear armour and some side armour if you face a tank-heavy army.  And cheap enough that you can add some more numbers to your horde to face off other horde armies.

However, 58 pts isn't going to even buy you the basic group of 8.  If you drop one of the Hormagaunt sqads to 8, you would have 154 points, enough for a 16-strong squad of these guys, with 10pts left to spare.  If you did that, I think I would put 8 of those 10 pts in extended carapace for the 8 hormagaunts.

Well that's an idea anyways.  Maybe you'll like it, maybe not.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
1850 pts Tau army assembled and painted in 1 month!