News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: All infantry Battle....  (Read 811 times)

Offline Vitrinian Commissar

• See what happens to all that oppose the guard!
All infantry Battle....
« on: January 28, 2004, 08:17:48 AM »
Me and my friend Dan the other day to play some 40k..We made an entire list of infantry 100pts using the doctrines.  My infantry where heavy based and his where mostly conscripts and lighter infantry.  We fought over a bridge in the middle and last one who had control won.i got to the bridge first and cut down waves of infantry with hellgun fire, then i was overwhelmed it was all FUN.  Try it, NOTHING but infantry.

another member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

Offline Poe, the Sociopath

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Imperial Vengence at its finest.
Re: All infantry Battle....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 08:36:53 AM »
Sounds like a bundle of fun!
Rosethorn wishes Aegis; Whisperless Void.

From death I come for you!

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 12:30:01 PM »
its fun indeed.... it's all fun and games until you pull out the mortars....half my army was destroyed by 3 mortars....but very fun...its great to see a sentinel get in hand to hand and tie up any unit shy of a powerfist or ogyrns...

Offline Sorrow

• I *love* 40k.ca
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 02:39:21 PM »
I don't find my game fun, my opponent cheated like hell. I moved up to behind a 3 inch high wall, then was shot with a 5+ cover save.

"How can you see me?" I asked.

"You can see through 6 inches of terrain," he replied. "Don't worry, you can do it to me."

The fact he had just halved my army didn't seem to matter much to him.

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 01:22:25 AM »
remember SENTINELS ARE NOT FREAKIN INFANTRY!
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline Colonel Commissar Typhon

• "Even a dead fish can float down stream..."
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 07:17:17 AM »
I don't find my game fun, my opponent cheated like hell. I moved up to behind a 3 inch high wall, then was shot with a 5+ cover save.

"How can you see me?" I asked.

"You can see through 6 inches of terrain," he replied. "Don't worry, you can do it to me."

The fact he had just halved my army didn't seem to matter much to him.

And you let him do this to you?? 

Next time flip your rulebook open to page 45 and slap him in the forehead with it.  Have him read the LINE OF SIGHT section.  The very first paragraph there tells you that a unit can not fire if there is a hill, building, or other large object in the way.  Your 3" wall would be that "other large object"

Then, have him read the WOODS AND JUNGLES section on page 46.  That is the only section that takls about seeing "into" terrain, not through it.  The 4th paragraph in this section says you can see into an area of woods and jungle, but you can not see through it.

I would also suggest that you get a copy of the rulebook, or if you already have it, READ IT.

PEACE!!
Commissar Typhon
"Even a dead fish can float downstream"

Member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

Offline Sorrow

• I *love* 40k.ca
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 03:15:42 PM »
We both know the rules, weve been playing for 4 years, he is just really competative. I got him back last week, knocking him out in the tournament final and winning a bit of cash and a nice shiny cup.

Sorrow.

Offline Colonel Commissar Typhon

• "Even a dead fish can float down stream..."
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2004, 03:13:53 AM »
Good on ya.  I would still slap him with the rulebook and the above pages as a refresher.  That sounds like someone that skimmed the rules and is taking parts that he likes out of the book and leaving the parts that he don't like alone.
Commissar Typhon
"Even a dead fish can float downstream"

Member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2004, 02:25:03 PM »
i hate stupid house rules....yes, i played at my friends house only to find out that his tau could shoot through walls becuase of their "crumbly wall" house rule. stupid, annoying, and makes me want to break things....especiall y those tau.....

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »
Did they also have a "see through walls" rule? How could they shoot at something they shouldn't be able to see? I do hope you got to counter-claim a decent cover save off that.

Reminds me of the time someone argued that the model house had windows so they should be able to shoot at someone on the otherside as they could "see through." WYSIWYG has a lot to answer for sometimes.

These board are so unstable. I'd like to be able to post ONCE rather than double post as per seeming auto-setting.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2004, 11:20:18 PM by Por'El Drunk'ard »
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.