News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: a star wars ig army  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Though I walk though the valley...
    • Realm of Runes
a star wars ig army
« on: September 7, 2002, 11:27:14 PM »
i have been struck with inspiration once more! here is the plan for my star wars ig army

the hq will be an inquisitor (jedi master)along those lines with a power weapon (lightsaber)

elites, not to sure. possibly an assassin as a super jedi knight or something

troops will be Clone troopers. what models should be used to represent these? i was thinking along the lines of tau fire worriors painted white, with head swaps were required. the veteran sergent will be a jedi padawan (power sword) and the commisar willbe a jedi knight (power sword)

another idea i had was for some armoured fist squads using whatever toy they bring out for the republic attack gunship thingy (Chimera)

what models should be used for the jedi? a tau ethereal with a head swap and a power sword? any ideas/comments?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2002, 11:28:57 PM by <Kaelis Ra> »

Offline Grim Stalker

• Ancient
  • Honour and Duty
    • Grim Stalker's Imperial Guard
Re: a star wars ig army
« Reply #1 on: September 8, 2002, 05:22:31 AM »
how about those eldar Warlock models - they have some nice robes - but you would have to find one without a mask on

thats my 2 cents

grim

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 8, 2002, 09:39:50 PM »
well it could work... but veteran sargeants are just not worth power swords, their stats just can't hit/wound enough to make it count... not to mention they can't have them in the first place (not officers) saying that don't give them to Lt. either.  but fire warriors with head swaps is still going to make them look like fire warriors and could make the game confusing for the opponent... there may be a better army choice to use other than the IG for super clones and super humans...

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2002, 02:02:06 AM »
sorry, im new to Imperial Guard. instead of a power sword, a close conbat weapon then. i wanted to use imp guard rules to show the sheer size of the clone army.

"how about those eldar Warlock models - they have some nice robes - but you would have to find one without a mask on"

or do you think i could just chop off the warlocks head and replace it with a human one. would it look any good?

liruisheng

« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2002, 08:22:06 AM »

i wanted to use imp guard rules to show the sheer size of the clone army.

not to mention their complete incompetence. :)

arent there some old IG models that look scarily storm trooperish? id use fire warriors anyway, cos they look cool.

to stay with the fluff of the army, just have loads of preachers with power weapons (light sabers) to be padawans or minor jedi. Their rosarius save can be called their blast deflection abilities. commissars /w pwr weps are a good choice for knights, shame they can only have 5+ invulnverable. could have a confessor/missionary aswell.

to get the proper look though i think youd have to get some none citadel minis. isnt there an official 28mm SW collection anywhere? should be if there isnt.

you could scratch build some VDR drop ships if you were completely insane aswell.

hell, if you made the army look good, im sure no one would mind if you made some reasonable rules for jedi anyway.

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2002, 12:14:44 AM »
hell, if you made the army look good, im sure no one would mind if you made some reasonable rules for jedi anyway.

oh believe me, they would...
im a nid player and new to the ways of the imperium. what are preachers, confessors and missionaries?

Offline Insidious Heresy

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2002, 04:48:32 PM »
the clones in the 2nd movie were not incompeteant... the only reason they became inadaquate was in the second trilogy and that was for the sake of storyline (the hero always has to kill the best guys of the otherside without breaking a sweat ya know).. the clone army may be more attributed to space marines in fluff... very skilled and VERY well armed...

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2002, 01:13:59 AM »
so would space marine rules fit them more? IG or Marines? which is the closest to the clones from the 2nd movie?

can preachers, confessors and missionaries (what are they?) be included in a space marine army?

Offline Imperial Warrior

• Infantry. That is all you need.
    • ImperialWarrior.freeservers.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2002, 03:17:57 AM »
Although I would like to see more IG armies instead of another Marine army but I have to say that Marines will fit better to your plans than Imperial Guard :(

First of all they are geneticaly engineered (but not clones) and the models will very much look like Clone Troopers from Star Wars 2.

And it's possible to include preachers, confessors and missionaries in Marine army (actually any Imperial army) and you can find their rules from the back of the Rulebook.
But Im' not sure are they legal anymore as new versions has came out in Chapter Approved book :-\

But your idea about Clone Army is great ;)

Offline Insidious Heresy

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2002, 09:30:06 AM »
actually missionaries and confessors cannot be added to a Space Marine army...but if you wanted you could have them based off of the Sisters of Battle list... skilled enough with the advanced armoury and all that... or wait for the Chaos codex and with a few name changes for the abilities... viola, you have an rmy of super clones.

Offline SkavenGuard

• If killing Tau is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    • Under-Redwall Gaming Group
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2002, 10:10:06 AM »
the clones in the 2nd movie were not incompeteant...

I would say having you foot sloggers march towards starships that being fired upon by their own artillery, seems a little incompetent.  What are foot sloggers going to do to these huge ships?  And how many clones where killed or hurt when that ship exploded and tumbled down and engulfed a large area.  

And now for something different...
If you play sisters of battle, then you use the rules for pearchers,missionaries and confessors as outlined in chapter approved.  If you play IG the you use the rules for pearchers, missionaries and confessors as outlined in the back of the main rule book.
Lastly, perhaps the sisters of battle would make a better clone army.  Better equipment, armor than IG.  Can still have lots of troops.  Sisters also have special acts of faith that they can use, sort of like force powers.  
I think that space marines would not make good clone soldiers.  Clones were enhance, and there are lots of them vs spacemarines which are genetically altered and are few.

Food for thought...
Tastes like cheese... :P
When the cat is a way the mice will play...
Then the cat came back the very next day...

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2002, 12:27:58 AM »
so the sisters of battle rules would best suit the clones? ig, sob, sm...im confused....

Offline SkavenGuard

• If killing Tau is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    • Under-Redwall Gaming Group
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2002, 10:15:09 AM »
Starwars clone army, what to use?  There are plent of reasons to chose spacemarine, sobs, or ig.  Choose the one that you would like to play, should be your first consideration.   I like sobs, so my two cents would be for them.  Although the huge numbers of clones suggests IG.  You could look at one of the special IG armies.  Try an all IG stormtrooper army, or elysian drop trooper army.   Of course, the most pyshic army in 40k is the eldar.  A craft world eldar Ulwthe, may be what your looking for.  Guardians to be clones, warlocks to be jedi.

First try some of the armies or at least read about them.  Next look at the miniatures you will use.  And then decide which is your army.

Food for thought...
Tastes like eldar cheese.
When the cat is a way the mice will play...
Then the cat came back the very next day...

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2002, 05:36:10 PM »
ulthwe eldar, now there's an idea...so many good ideas...well enough of rules, models. tau fire warriors for the clones, what for the jedi? what other unit were in the move that i could include?

Offline Lord_Dante

• add me to msn, asmodai_@hotmail.com
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2002, 07:52:34 AM »
he...play ulthwe and instead of a seer council...*drumrolls*

JEDI COUNCIL!!!!!

and maybe use the little green necron rods on their swords, swoosh chang swoosh
you will all suffer pain at the hands of the scars of the reaper, successor chapter of the white scars

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2002, 09:39:18 PM »
Why have I-gaurd as the clone Troopers. I would make new stats for them instead of using the exsisting ones.

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2002, 01:45:13 AM »
but then you run into problems such as the army is not tournament legal, people will say it is unfair, they won't verse you. there is no point in making up rules when you can use existing ones.

im leaning towards Ulthwe
Black Guardians-Elite Clone Troopers
Seer Council-Jedi Council

it all fits...so far...