News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Other options to smasha kannons?  (Read 907 times)

Offline gordon92

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Other options to smasha kannons?
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »
I’m just wondering if any one has a cheaper alternative or good conversion for these don’t fancy paying 30 quid a cannon haha

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Other options to smasha kannons?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:53:53 PM »
It's Orks... scratch build them!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 09:57:17 AM »

In the picture above you will see a warboss with the "head Whoppa" since there was no model to indicate that it was that weapon I orkified a space marine dread axe to be the head whoppa.

In this picture you see a big mek on a bike with Kustom Force Field.

This is a picture of my Ghork Rider. A warboss from a few years ago that didn't have a model, so I made one. I changed the name to Ghork Rider, but explained to my opponent the rules I was using for him and showed them the rules in the book. (pictured with deff copta for size comparison).

All of these use the "Counts As" rule. Just explain to your opponent what the model is before the game. Also it has to be "close enough". That means you can't use a grot holding an armor plate to count as deff dred, but you could use a toilet paper roll with arms and legs glued on as it is close enough.

Now, I haven't been in the tourney circuit for a few years now, I am not sure about "counts as" in the tournament arena, you will have to chat with the organizers to see if your model will be legal there. If you are not playing tournament then "counts as" models are usually just fine at your LGS and in the garage games. 
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »
Like Grand Master Lomandalis said, kitbash them.  I remember seeing something last year posted on other sites about how to build 4 Mek Guns from one Mek Gun kit and one Trukk kit.  If you can search for ork mek gun and trukk kitbash you could save yourself a lot of cash.