News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help with Chapters  (Read 301 times)

Offline Kocha

Help with Chapters
« on: March 5, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »
Hy everyone,

I usually a Tau player and I'm looking at starting a small army of SM ( in the neighbourhood of 750pts )

I have been looking at different Space Marine chapters and I'm not sure if I want to go with a specific chapter or just a regular marine force.

As far as Chapters are concerned I like the Dark Angels, just because I like the robe on the marines, and using Terminators as a choice of troop is pretty cool, though it is not realistic in a 750 pts game.

I'm just looking for some advice on which chapter would be more interesting.

Thanks a lot

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
Re: Help with Chapters
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
   Well, a dual-wing army is certainly possible at 750pts. Cheap too! Belial, 2x Terminator units with Assault Cannons and a Ravenwing Attack Squadron (min size) with meltagun runs to 750 exactly and costs £78.

As for which Chapter would be more "interesting" that would be an entirely personal choice. What sort of thing are you looking for? Personally, I like the combat squad rules and would recommend looking closely at either a Blood Angel or Dark Angel codex based list. If you go with the Dark Angel codex then you wouldn't necessarily need to use the Dark Angel scheme and ignore the characters that allow you to change which FOC slot units go into, this would give you a normal Codex chapter that you could just switch to the basic Marine codex with. If you go with the Blood Angel codex (free download!) then you will be needing to look at the Death Company. Two ways you could go here; you could follow the Blood Angel colour scheme and stick with it or you could just paint them up as a Veteran squad using some other Chapters colours so that you could just switch back to the basic Marine Codex.
   Be aware that if you settle on a basic Marine codex list that this codex is scheduled for re-release before the end of the year. I got caught out with the Dark Angel codex in similar circumstances; thankfully I just had to swap the arms over on my commander model.

-S
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.