News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Army list (need feedback)  (Read 365 times)

Offline raji

Army list (need feedback)
« on: June 3, 2007, 03:04:34 PM »
hey guys.. this is my list. any comments? improvements i could make? I don't like tanks & I play against ALL armies..

HQ:
Reclusiarch + Jump Pack+frags 106

FAST ATTACK:
10 assualt squad + vet Power fist (frags) -260 pt

ELITE:
6 Terminators w/ 2 ass cannon  280 (5 powf 1 pow wpn) ]
6 Terminators w/ 2 ass cannon  280 (5 powf 1 pow wpn) ] unlikely to be deepstriking in...

TROOP
6 Sm w/lascannon  90
5 Sm w/lascannon  90
5 Sm w/lascannon  90

HVY:
WHIRLWIND 85
8 SM w/4 heavy bolters (with infiltrate)204

See, but dont be seen
WE STAND ALONE

"balanced list"

Offline Branigan's Law

Re: Army list (need feedback)
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
I think if you made the chaplain a master of sanctity you wouldnt regret it. You can drop the 6th marine from the lascannon squad to get the points.

For someone who doesnt like tanks you are pretty lenient, though I have been with less anti tank in 1500 pts before with marines. What you have is enough.

You should definately plan on deep striking those terminators. Starting them out on the field, in my opinion, doesnt work. They will march up, get shot, and it is very easy to run from them. Thanks to the assault cannons, people will be shooting at them a lot.

Though I am trying to decide if, in a 1500 pt game, they would shrug off the shots ur opponent has to direct at them....

Offline Kreignerv

« Reply #2 on: June 4, 2007, 02:57:46 AM »
 almost 600 points in terminators is a huge sink in 1500 points, they are slow and deep striking is unrealiable at best without homers.  This entire army is going to rely on how fast and how many of your termies get into the fight.
"Suchen Sie und zerstören Sie meine Krieger"
--Ultramarinkommandant 7. Firma

Können Sie überleben das Überblitz kreig? Ich denke nicht ausländischen Hund.

Offline Halfpast_Yellow

• ##Don't run! We are your friends!##
« Reply #3 on: June 4, 2007, 11:36:43 AM »
I'm adding that up and getting 1225...

anyways, Deepstrike really is the best way to go. Get a teleport homer on that assault squad vet, and upgrade your Devastators sergent to a vet and give him a teleport homer as well. That way you can bring in your Terms next to your assault squad for a great offense, or put some down by the Devastators if you need defense. Ld will help your Devs with target priority too.

There is better places to spend 15 points than by making that chaplain a MoS.