News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Witchunter Army... need help  (Read 498 times)

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
New Witchunter Army... need help
« on: February 27, 2006, 08:41:04 AM »
Heya all

Mosof you will know me as a Regualr to the painting board and an avid eldar collector (12,000 points), but I recently went on Ebay and bought a slew of Sister's units. I have been wanting to get into  sister's for some time and finally got a friend interested in them, since he is a little strapped for cash I decided to buy the army so that he can use them until he gets his own force up and running. Anyway I need some help in fleshing out what I bought and some also some tips on how to field them effectively would be VERY useful (and yes I did read through the stickies).

So here's a run down of what I have, I didn't include any options on the characters because they will all be being converted most likely anyway.

2- Cannoness
1 - Imagifer
4 - Priests
9 - Sister Repentias with 1 Mistress
13 – Seraphim Sisters, 3 carrying Hand Flamers with 2 Sister Superiors
9 - Sisters with 1 Sister Superior
4 – Sisters with Flamers
5 – Sisters with Multi Metlas
1 – Sister with Meltagun
5 – Sisters with Heavy Flamers
1 – Sister with Heavy Bolter
1 – Penitent Engine
4 - Immolators
1 - Exorcist

I will be making the order by the end of the week to flesh out the army, which I know it needs desperately, so any advice as to what to get will be greatly appreciated. I know for sure I will be getting 3 boxes of Battle Sisters other than that it is wide open.

Thanks in Advance
Ja

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
Re: New Witchunter Army... need help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:57:45 AM »
first of all, good choice on your new army!

second of all, WOW thats a helluva lot of sisters models!

the only thing i can see that your missing is a second exorcist (one of them is nigh-on guaranteed to get blown up!) and another 2 penitent engines (or at least another 1, with holy rage they tend to run into lots of heavy fire power quite quickly, plus you get tons more attacks).

possibly get an inquisitor lord as well, theyre not great but they open up a ton of options as far as units and fluff is concerned.
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
Thanks for the tip, I did think about the second Exorcist, you just made up my mind on that one ;) Yeah I should have mentioned it will be a 2,500 points force when complete, but will most often be playing at the 1,500 points level.

Ja

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 10:36:46 AM »
i know this is slightly off topic but i have to ask. i know its early days, but will you be posting lots of pics of painted minis, you do have a name to live up to..... ;)
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline No Remorse

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:00:15 AM »
LMAO when I get a chance to actually paint them, I will most defintely be posting pics ;) Right now in the middle of moving into a new house, getting two dogs, trying to set up my new studio and working on a new webpage as well as trying to make time for 7 GD's Entries is going to keep me busy for a while LOL.

Ja

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 02:35:28 PM »
One suggestion, though I think you already realize this, is to get many more basic sisters with bolters - the three boxes you're getting will work well if you're thinking of a mechanized list with min sized squads in rhinos but you will likely need more.  One of my favorite 2K lists has close to 50 sisters with bolters dispersed among 5 units.

Another idea would be to get some more Heavy bolter girls, a popular heavy choice is a Retributor unit with 4 heavy bolters.  A few more meltagunners or seraphim couldn't hurt either. 
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.