Clawing my way back from the dead.

Started by Lachdonin, July 17, 2023, 09:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myen'Tal

Love the dog!

Is the partial stripping why the skin of the aelven spearmen is that purple / mauve color or is that intentional? Love the shields and armor on the spearmen!
- Blog #6  A Five Star Comeback!

[url=http://www.johnmalonebooks.com]www.johnmalonebooks.com

Hardback Version - Work in Progress

Audiobook production still going strong!

Lachdonin

Quote from: Myen'Tal on April 19, 2024, 09:21:04 AM
Is the partial stripping why the skin of the aelven spearmen is that purple / mauve color or is that intentional? Love the shields and armor on the spearmen!

That's actually intentional. The idea is to start from a purple and highlight up to a more standard skin tone, in order to give a purplish shade to them. I wanted to do something different than your standard High Elves, and sorta thought of a wraith-army suffused with the Wind of Death as a consequence of some long ago battle, forced for fight on for eternity until the Elves were once again united under the Everqueen's rule. And since Shyish is the Purple Wind, it meant Purple Skin.

Still haven't nailed down an actual approach to it yet though... So i'm leaving it as the base layer until i figure that out.

All of that said, we unfortunately had to put my girl down on tuesday. Her liver had started going, and she had stopped eating, so i decided it was time. As you can imagine, i haven't been getting much painting done right now, but i'm hoping ill be feeling up to it soon.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Dread

So so sorry to hear this. Been thru it many times myself. It'll get easier in time. Prayers. Use painting as away to ease thru it. Take care my friend.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

PaxImperator

Sorry to hear that. That must be very tough. Best wishes and don't forget to remember the good times.