News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Best/Most Active Sites for Sharing 40K Fiction?  (Read 583 times)

Offline acertainsomething

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Best/Most Active Sites for Sharing 40K Fiction?
« on: December 28, 2021, 12:29:04 AM »
I have had an idea for a 40k story for some time now. I'm not ready to share details as it's in the earliest stages of outlining, but it is a Necron story inspired by The Infinite and The Divine.

Once I have a concrete idea of the structure I would like to run the synopsis by some seasoned 40k readers. I am a new fan and an amateur writer, so I want to make sure my concept is sound before I get to writing prose.

This forum seems to have an dedicated community, though perhaps on the smaller side. I will absolutely be posting here once I have more to show. But does anyone know of a more active website for receiving criticism on 40k fan fiction? Perhaps a site dedicated to it entirely? I want to cast a wide net to get many different perspectives.

My bad if this is the wrong board to ask such a question, or if I otherwise funked something up. Any and all suggestions, thoughts, criticisms, or flirtations are welcome. Thank you for your time.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Best/Most Active Sites for Sharing 40K Fiction?
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2022, 11:13:30 AM »
But does anyone know of a more active website for receiving criticism on 40k fan fiction? Perhaps a site dedicated to it entirely? I want to cast a wide net to get many different perspectives. 

Hi acertainsomething, Dakkadakka and Bolter and Chainsword are 40k sites that seem to have a lot of traffic. They also have quite an active fan fiction area.

I don't know of any site that is dedicated to 40k fiction, but I haven't looked to be honest.

If you live in the UK you might like to consider checking your local library. Some libraries run writer's clubs whereby you read out your story in front other writers and get immediate feedback.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!