News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 chapters (done)  (Read 137912 times)

Offline Karynos

• Independent Political Report
Re: 1000 chapters
« Reply #380 on: April 24, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »
Sons of Malice are traitor, they are shown in the painting section of the Chaos Codex. Many allude to their similarity to the name "Malal" and paint scheme for that god and hypothesize they are a connection to the now-copyrighted being.
If you go to this link I have a made a craftworld-kabal battle system that needs ironing out and testing. If you have any edit suggestions, please PM me or post in the thread.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=184437.0

Offline Dazzo

• Those who pay the piper get to call the tune
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2007, 04:11:19 AM »
The Forgotten brothers

and

the Endless Hunters
Were they always the Forgotten Brothers as that seems like an odd name for a new chapter "we made a new chapter"
"who are they"
"I forget" ;)

Also would you object if I changed it to The Endless Hunt, Endless Hunters doesnt quite make sense, Ever Hunters, Hunters Eternal, Deathless Stalkers might be other examples of expressing the same concept? :)

Sons of Malice are traitor, they are shown in the painting section of the Chaos Codex.
Thanks

(ASP forums)
A high tide raises all boats

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Offline skalnok

• i like harlequins they make me laugh
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2007, 06:46:57 PM »
the endless hunt sounds good i like it lol and the forgotten brothers were ment as a chapter who stay hidden and are rarely seen in action lol.
98% of the weed smokers on this site bug the 2% non-smokers on this site about why they should.  Maybe the 98% should lighten up, go smoke one and leave us to our choices.

"OMG, did you see that, the big melty thingy melted bob, OMG it's walking this way.  OH DEAR GREATER GOOD, RUN!"

If I eat your brain, do I gain your talen

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2007, 04:20:34 AM »
the endless hunt sounds good i like it
Cool, i'll add it straight away

and the forgotten brothers were ment as a chapter who stay hidden and are rarely seen in action
Ah I see ok, well if I may offer a suggestion, the Verb/noun? forgotten implies something different to what you envisioned, it has rather negative connotations actually. How about (if you want to keep the forgotten aspect) Brothers of Lethe or Angels Nepenthe both of which imply forgetfulness, or you could go with Profligatiors which is another word for Lost, sort of, you could also just try being direct and simply go with the Hidden Brothers/Brotherhood. Other words you could try might be Shrouded, Cloaked or Veiled. Or you could use something which implies mystery such as Eldritch Chapel or Shadow Blades.

What do you think?

(ASP forums)

Offline jimmmho

« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »
Hey dude,

My Chapter is called the Crescent and Star Chapter.

Their colors are green, mustard yellow, and silver. They are based near the border to the Halo Stars and are a 7th founding chapter of the Salamanders.

Traits:
No Mercy, No Respite
Never Despair

Disadvantage:
Eye to Eye

Cheers

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2007, 02:32:57 PM »
Hello unclehomefries, thanks for participating, I was wandering, and this is going to sound rather arrogant of me so I apologise, do you  think I could persuade you to rearrange the name a bit so its less unwieldy, again sorry for   sounding like I know everything, its just I want them to sound as good as they possibly can, so instead of  the Crescent and Star Chapter, we might call them say the Star Crescent chapter? just a suggestion, one you are free to take or leave as you choose i'll add it to the list either way so dont worry, what say you my good man :)

(ASP forums)

Offline Disciple of Nagash: GT

• Neophyte | Iron Skull recipient
  • Mike Mudd 2011 Sportsman Award recipient :)
« Reply #386 on: April 27, 2007, 03:19:03 PM »
Instead of Dazo's suggestion, I would like to suggest just dropping the and from their name and just being the Crescent Star chapter.
Reset my counters in prep for 6th:
Black Templars: 0/0/0
Dark Eldar (new codex): 0/0/0

Offline Candrian

• ...Lost...
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2007, 09:28:36 PM »
Could you put up my Chapter in the list?

They're called the Dark Watch, so called because they are based close to the Northern Fringe of the galaxy, keeping a guard against xenos, heretics and brigands hiding out in the dark space beyond the stars
Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else

Offline jimmmho

« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2007, 02:08:30 AM »
Well, i mean chapter isn't part of the title,

They are simply the Crescent and Star.

If that doesn't sound too fresh, then I guess the Crescent Guard works as well.

Actually, yeah, make them the Crescent Guard.

Thanks for the tips!

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2007, 06:07:44 AM »
Done and done, thanks for the contributions guys :)

(ASP forums)

Offline skalnok

• i like harlequins they make me laugh
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2007, 07:09:28 PM »
i love all the names you suggested lol now i cant decide lol why not just add them all lol
98% of the weed smokers on this site bug the 2% non-smokers on this site about why they should.  Maybe the 98% should lighten up, go smoke one and leave us to our choices.

"OMG, did you see that, the big melty thingy melted bob, OMG it's walking this way.  OH DEAR GREATER GOOD, RUN!"

If I eat your brain, do I gain your talen

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2007, 03:30:40 AM »
Lol, oh well, ok then. :)

(ASP forums)

Offline LostKnight

• Fear the marines!
« Reply #392 on: May 1, 2007, 02:15:17 PM »
Please put the latest additions:

The green phoenixes!

thx
My best asset? My awesome modesty!

Offline Catfish

• Live every day like it was your last...
« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:21 AM »
Some names I wanna use for my chapter: Wich one you think is the coolest?(just as note my chapter trait is stern)
White Archons
Crusaders
Black Zealots
White Tigers
Tree Huggers

Offline xplayx4

• SWOOPING HAWKS ROCK!
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2007, 11:13:22 AM »
got two to give.

1. name: frost warriors.
colours: ice blue and enchanted blue.
symbol: 3-point white mountain.

PS, you can find fluff bout the frost warriors and a bit bout the death corps and my other armies in the 'post your chapter ideas' thread.

2. name: death corps.
colours: liche purple and chaos black
symbol: skull and crossbones.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:47:01 PM by xplayx4 »

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/bladewind/Eldar%20CoC/Beil-tanlightersigByBladeWind.gif

Armies:
Hais-Fal Craftworld: in production
Hive Fleet Gargantun: coming soon
Frost Warriors Chapter: coming soon
Ice Beasts Legion: coming soon

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2007, 08:32:49 AM »
Added green pheonixs.

White Archons sounds pretty cool, though I am somewhat confused as to why you would even consider tree huggers???

Frost warriors no probs, though Death Corps does concern me somewhat, its a touch to imperial guard...in fact isnt there a guard regiment called the death corps?

Incidentally if you are stuck for a name, anything on the list with an M next to it is free to be taken just let me know and i'll credit it to you(a bit of fluff would be nice)

(ASP forums)

Offline xplayx4

• SWOOPING HAWKS ROCK!
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
srry just noticed  ;D i'll change to Death Reapers. and heres the fluff.

History: After being founded by the Space Wolves, the Frost Warriors started building their mighty ice-fortresses, giant buildings fortified by slippery ice harpoons and ice bolters, the Frost Warriors were immediatly caught in the grasp of the Tyrannic war. Using their re-knowned librarians that utilised the powers of water and its different states, and mighty terminaters that combine the use of freezing frost swords and stormbolts, the Frost Warriors, aided with their brother chapter, the Death Reapers, tore apart the Hive Fleet Gargantun. The eldar of the craftworld Hais-Fal were also interested, and aided the humans in their quest to purge the xenos. The damned Ice Beasts Chaos legion, that were drawn to the massed psykers, attacked. After tearing apart the hive tyrant and broodlord, the eldar and marines turned on the Legion of Chaos. A bloody battle followed, in which wholly half of the craftworld and planet's population died, but they had purged the damned from their planet, the Frost Warriors, Death Corps and Hais-Fal realised their need of each other and formed an alliance, which holds to this day. Hais-Fal grounded its craftworld, which is still capable of flight, and live in it and help their human brothers, but never to harm fellow eldar, which the marines agreed to, since the eldar saved thier lives. The Death Reapers also moved to Peomethine IIV,and helped both fellow eldar and humans destroy the xenos and thrive. The Frost Warriors, their numbers greatly reduced, now depend on them, but can still hold their own against any alien monstrosities. They now guard against Tyranids, Chaos and other aliens, an alliance that the Grey Knights are looking into....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:03:03 PM by xplayx4 »

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/bladewind/Eldar%20CoC/Beil-tanlightersigByBladeWind.gif

Armies:

Offline Dazzo

« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2007, 04:00:28 AM »
Cool, ok X ive added it to the list aswell thanks :)

(ASP forums)

Offline Catfish

• Live every day like it was your last...
« Reply #398 on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:23 PM »
ELDAR DO NOT ALLY with the IMPERIUM! Those Hais-Fal dudes should be fed to the Avatar of Ulthwhe. DAMNED BE THE HAIS-FAL

Offline xplayx4

• SWOOPING HAWKS ROCK!
« Reply #399 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
hey! do not insult my main army! i will trash you now! >:(

Armies: