News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rules Of The Space Tavern - READ 'EM!  (Read 30546 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Rules Of The Space Tavern - READ 'EM!
« on: May 6, 2005, 03:29:21 PM »
Note That Posting In The Space Tavern Does Not Increase Your Post Count. (If it did I would be well past a Hero member :o...)- The reason for this is that the majority of the posts made here are not constructive enough to warrant them increasing your 'status' on a forum.

The Golden Rule Of The Space Tavern: NO Spam. The definition of Spam in the Space Tavern: a completely useless post thast serves no purpose (often crosses over with Off Topic posts as well).*

*I will also make it clear that I personally despise, hate, loathe, wish harm to and all sorts of other nasty things to spammers, that's mainly because people don't seem to realsie that even the tavern has it's limits.

The Space Tavern is mainly a jokey place, however this doesn't mean it's soley jokey, there are and have been serious discussion here, however most of those are more suited to The Discussion Board.

1. All normal rules apply, no flaming, spamming etc. etc. just because this is a jokey Board doesn't make these things ok. You can find all of these are their definitions in the 40k Online Rules and Netiquette and Netiquette made easy - ALL new posters READ! threads.

2. You can post jokes here[/url].

3. Clubs are not allowed unless you get permission first, the reason for this is that most clubs just generate spam, and, contrary to popular opinion, even the Tavern has it's limits on what's called spam ;).

4. Linking to funny articles/videos is allowed however make sure it doesn't violate the Forum Rules. If you're unsure about the link then you should PM a member of staff.

A basic rule of thumb is that advertising is doing things for your own gain, like 'join my forums', 'click here to help me' etc., pointing people to a websites devoted to a band or a funny video is absolutely fine, just make sure to warn people about languages, swearing etc. and it should be fine.

5. No leet/l33t/1337/1ee7/etc. etc. speak. The occasional use is ok (but frowned upon by the vast majority of members) but if your  post is all leet then it will be deleted or edited. This is because it is pretty much another language and many people who frequent the boards have trouble with it.

6. Kings of chaos: Any posts attempting to get people to 'click this link to help me get more soldiers' will be deleted and reported to the people of kings of chaos as it's against their rules to post such things on forums.

7. The Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike, is to never appear on these boards.  EVER.  Under pain of modly wrath. Added after the fact. -Devern

8. The Three Purple Men "joke" (if you can call it that), or any variant thereof, shall never appear on these boards either, lest you suffer even more Modly wrath than you would if you posted The Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike "joke". Added - Eller

If you have any questions about what is allowed in the Tavern then please enquire here or ask me via PM.

This will be updated if/when necessary. If/when I do update it I will post to alert people, it's up to you to check here if there's been a new post, remember you can't hide behind ignorance for long ;).

And finally:

[Legal mumbo jumbo]We at 40konline accept no responsibility for any mental scarring and/or traumatising experiences caused as a direct result of any of the posts and their links, as such reading posts and clicking links it is entirely of your own free will and can not in any way be blamed on us[/Legal mumbo jumbo] ::).

~MTWC
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:51:10 AM by Irisado »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
Re: What Belongs In The Tavern
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2005, 03:32:04 PM »
and, contrary to popular opinion, even the Tavern has it's limits on what's called spam ;).

What?! :o  Oh well.....

ps. this gonna be stickied?
EDIT: obviously so...

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2005, 03:32:54 PM »
ps. this gonna be stickied?

It already has been.

~MTWC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2005, 03:39:17 PM »
I noticed (see edited post)

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2005, 03:58:39 PM »
Added a definition of spam, it's amazing how many people think there's no such thing as spam in the Space Tavern...

~MTWC

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2005, 04:46:04 PM »
Now now Makenshi, no need to get defensive.  There's isn't much difference between "Space Tavern" and "Spam Forum" afterall  ::)
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2005, 04:47:18 PM »
I know, it's just annoying when people use the 'But it's the Tavern!' defence whenever I PM them, telling them not to spam.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 04:48:30 PM by Makenshi, The White Cloud »

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »
But it is the Tavern. None of the posts count. Heck, as long as its not blatent rubbish, I see no problem with it.

But your the mod, set your own rules.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2005, 03:05:18 AM »
No he does not. He simply enforces the forum rules. This goes for all local mods. It is not your kingdom, just your place to enforce the rules of the forum. This post is an excellent guideline, cloudy. Well done!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: May 7, 2005, 07:47:22 AM »
This post is an excellent guideline, cloudy. Well done!

Ok so thats: Makenshi, MTWC, cloudy, the white cloud, mak and white cloud. Who'd have thought I'd have so many nicknames ;D.

Anythign you think needs adding to the list Rasmus?

~MTWC

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2005, 10:04:03 AM »
Format edited, now if you break rules I will tell you which number you broke when I lay the smack down on your threads ;).

Also added in that the normal Forum rules apply.

~MTWC

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
Re: What Belongs In The Tavern/Rules Thread
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2005, 05:31:18 PM »
Is double posting against the Tavern rules? ::)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
I said I'd update it and I will also post when I have updated it to alert people to new rules and changes so they can't use ignorance as an excuse.

~MTWC

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2005, 05:46:03 PM »
Yes but editing your posts also adds the 'new' sign to a thread ;)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Re: Rules Of The Space Tavern
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2005, 06:30:14 PM »
Yes, but it doesnt put the thread higher up. In short double postign is ok if you are updating things (like Jimmy and QD).

~MTWC

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2005, 08:59:21 PM »
Ok so thats: Makenshi, MTWC, cloudy, the white cloud, mak and white cloud. Who'd have thought I'd have so many nicknames .

I also believe I have called you 'Kenshy on two seperate occassions. You can add that one. Or is this a Rasmus only list?

Ciat,
Seer Fox
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2005, 09:10:36 PM »
You guys did notice that rule, oh what was it?  Maybe the one about not spamming in the Space Tavern?  Not that it's particularly important.  ::)
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2005, 09:28:39 PM »
What???!!! rules??......just kidding, this is a good thing you put up here, guidlines are always good to have. Good work.
-killersquid
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #18 on: May 8, 2005, 01:37:43 PM »
Yes, but it doesnt put the thread higher up. In short double postign is ok if you are updating things (like Jimmy and QD).

~MTWC

Yes but it's a sticky so it won't really sink anyway :P
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 01:38:46 PM by Inquisitor Yoda »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #19 on: May 8, 2005, 01:38:20 PM »

~MTWC

Yes but it's a stick so it won't really sink anyway :P

It still helps if it's at the top of the Forum.

~MTWC