News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Adeptus Titanicus  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Adeptus Titanicus
« on: May 12, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
Joy!!

Adeptus Titanicus: Teaser Trailer - YouTube

"Adeptus Titanicus puts you in command of your own Titans during the height of the Horus Heresy in a thrilling game of titanic combat. Don’t pretend you never wanted to lead a force of God-machines into battle…"

"The rules system is completely new, though inspired by the classic version of the game and designed to simulate how it might feel to command a Titan – you’ll be able to redirect power, supercharge your shields, undertake special manoeuvres and more, offering a huge amount of tactical depth, not to mention plenty of fun."
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Adeptus Titanicus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
Essentially a reworking of the original game, which will probably attract those who played the original and those who did not.  It doesn't appeal that much to me, as I prefer a more holistic Epic game, rather than titan versus titan combat exclusively.  It's great to see GW bringing back Epic in some form though.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Adeptus Titanicus
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 08:14:19 AM »
I picked up a copy of the Grand Master edition a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd just let anyone interested know that the quality of the box is superb. The rules are well written and make sense...in that they are thematic while not being crazy.

The kits are even better. The building I haven't got into yet, but the Knights are super detailed; we're taking about each knight having around 22 components. That's 22 components on a model that is a smidge smaller than a Primaris Marine. The Warlord is something else entirely. It's beautiful...but it takes a while to build and paint if you want to do it right. Head over to my Plog if you want to see any pictures of the spurs/models etc, I'll be posting them some time tonight.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...