News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Narrative battle reports + Campaigns  (Read 766 times)

Offline Gunner1116

Narrative battle reports + Campaigns
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:59 PM »
I am not sure if I would be able to do start one right now, but I think it would be cool if people started posting their battle reports or started a campaign in a narrative style, like a book in a sense. I am not sure anyone will want to do this, I just think it would be cool.

What I was thinking about doing when I finally get a game in is writing up a really detailed army list that would be under the command a commander I named i.e. Captain Shardas Stride or something other. The list would format would be a little like this for example:

Troop Choices:
Tactical Squad Alpha 1
Sergeant Jersh Hest-Chainsword, Bolt Pistol
ect ect ect

This is simply the format I would do it in, I will hopefully get around to it in a week or so. You guys that would want to do that would be perfectly fine just writing up a regular list to use. Then you could just mention names when you felt like using them in the narrative i.e. Pvt. Saz Faerso didn't even flinch as the plasma bolt flew several inches above his head. He kept firing his boltgun covering Alpha 1's retreat. Then suddenly the clacking of his weapon stopped as he was torn in half by the blast of a Chaos autocannon. You guys don't have to go into that much detail, I would just like to.

I have no idea of the ranks thd space marines use, so if one of you guys could tell me them, or if they even have them it would be greatly appreciated.

I just think it would be really cool if we got some narrative battle reports. In my opinoin they would be really fun to read. Tell me what you guys think.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."