News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin Revision - EO!  (Read 150577 times)

Offline eypyeash

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Harlequin Revision - EO!
« Reply #1120 on: October 9, 2010, 01:46:30 PM »
Ahh, gotcha. It was in the expanded background, not the specific character entry. So much for skimming through.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #1121 on: October 9, 2010, 06:22:47 PM »
Right - redid the formatting. That took WAY too long. Hope you enjoy.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #1122 on: October 10, 2010, 12:19:13 AM »
Speaking of which, will you be reformatting for 5th in the forseeable future? 

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1123 on: October 10, 2010, 03:38:42 AM »
Didn't I just do that?

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #1124 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:59 AM »
Could be. ^^; I've been using a printoff for a while now.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1125 on: October 10, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
For ext time - if an update is posted it is better to read it before commenting, right? :)

Offline Iridescente

• Sognando sotto l'arcobaleno
« Reply #1126 on: November 8, 2010, 06:00:06 AM »
Wow, Rasmus, you certainly put some good work into your projects around here!  This Harlequin codex is nice!

I was a little confused at first with the force organization.  Some units had limits to their quantities allowed listed while others did not.  I realized later that units that you are only allowed one of are listed as "0-1" to show that you may have no more than one unit of that type in your army.  Couldn't you simply list the Great Harlequin and the Solitaire listed as Special Characters, which automatically count as unique under BRB rules (pg 49)?

Looking into this, I did realize that going back over the Eldar Codex there actually is no distinction in any of the HQ units as to which ones are Special Characters and which ones aren't, which is odd.  Currently it looks like you can take two Avatars of Khaine or two Asurmen.  That seems a bit odd.
Just playing along,
Bourhgen

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1127 on: November 8, 2010, 06:22:11 AM »
The problem with making them special characters is that if you use the list in a high-point game and have multiple FoCs you would not be able to bring one Solitaire for each chart, which makes no sense.
I will clarify next time I work over the text though, thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: I am resorting the list.

New version uploaded.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:21:00 AM by Rasmus »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1128 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
The file has been rehosted.
I also dropped the 3rd and 4th ed files, as noone was using them anymore

Offline synjin

• Enter the Clowns!
Great Harlequin and Solitaire Downgrade?
« Reply #1129 on: March 29, 2011, 04:54:26 AM »
Rasmus,

I love your Harlequin Codex, and am looking to using it in an Apocalypse game next month.  Saying that, I have the following question.  You have probably covered this, but in skimming I've not found it.  So, here goes: Why downgrade the Great Harlequin and Solitaire?

Having played the Harlequins with CJ 39 and 41(?), I am intimately aware of the criticisms from 3rd Ed..  However, in light of Codex Dark Eldar, why are the Great Harlequin and Solitaire less than a common Archon and Succubus (who have the former stats of our beloved Harlequins)? 

Solitaires are guardians of the Black Library, fearlessly dance the part of Slaneesh and travel where they will throughout the 40K Universe.  In most cases they have lived longer than any Space Marine, of any favor, currently in existence, some longer than the Emperor.  The Masques are more than just traveling troupes of performers.  They're more akin to religious monks, in the Shaolin sense.

I like what you have done, with the exception of our main lads.  With the Kiss and Holosuit losing their over the top powers, the Solitaire is not nearly as monstrous as he once was.  Even with Blitz, he is barely ahead of a Succubus or Broodlord.

Some things to think about.  But, in any case, I'm going to dust off the Clowns and have a go with your 'Dex.  It should be fun!

Thanks,

Synjin
...Note to self: Need Mockingbird and Venoms!  Stat!

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1130 on: June 7, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
I am also curious as to why there are no stats for some of the units ie: deathjester and the monstrous creature, have I downloaded the file wrong?

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
« Reply #1131 on: June 7, 2011, 10:53:08 PM »
Read the first page or two.  They will explain  about the missing stats.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1132 on: June 9, 2011, 05:14:30 AM »
I have read up to page 4 and still not found anything, could you please Identify the specific post for me please?

edit: oh right first page of the codex.

Ok what WS and BS do harlequin jetbikes use, the standard harlie ones I presume.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2011, 05:41:09 AM by Daboarder »

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
« Reply #1133 on: June 9, 2011, 10:04:54 AM »
Aye, says that in the pdf as well.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1134 on: June 14, 2011, 02:25:10 AM »
Unfortunately I have not found a way to legally reproduce the stats in the list, so the blanks are a necessity.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #1135 on: June 15, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
So Rasmus, what are the plans, if any, for the future of the harlie fan 'dex?  Are there any tweaks that need to be made, testing that needs to be done, or plans to expand on options? 

I know that balancing new units and options is a pain, but I feel like there are a lot cool things that could still be added to the fan 'dex.  Sure, harlies are a small faction of the eldar, but that doesn't mean they can't have their own plethora of options.  Just look at how much subtle variety you get between marine books.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1136 on: June 16, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
I have moved town and lost my playtesters in the process. if I find new ones I will keep testing it, otherwise I will simply update what numbers I can crunch myself (which isn't a lot). as for inclusion of new "fancy" things - the list made to date is a reflection of the Harlequins in RT through the Warpmatrix and CJ-list to the current form. Adding new things to it is not really in the spirit of the rest of the codex. Maybe an appendix of well-tested and well-documented units (a LOT of people like writing units but not building and painting them, See the Forge. :) ) could be in order.

Offline sn toter

• I can haz Avatar?
« Reply #1137 on: July 6, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »
I have moved town and lost my playtesters in the process. if I find new ones I will keep testing it, otherwise I will simply update what numbers I can crunch myself (which isn't a lot). as for inclusion of new "fancy" things - the list made to date is a reflection of the Harlequins in RT through the Warpmatrix and CJ-list to the current form. Adding new things to it is not really in the spirit of the rest of the codex. Maybe an appendix of well-tested and well-documented units (a LOT of people like writing units but not building and painting them, See the Forge. :) ) could be in order.

Goodness this is a long thread.  Great Codex, btw.  I used to play harlies back in RT / 2nd and loved them.  I'm just getting back into WH40k and was saddened that in the Eldar Codex there's no way to field them as an army, just a troop choice. So this Codex is great, but I doubt if I get into a tournament scene it'll be allowed. Has GW shown any interest in your work? I see they have PDF's for things like Witch Hunters on their site that are sanctioned lists - would be amazing if they adopted something like this for us.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #1138 on: July 6, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »
I have sent this on a few occasions to GW, both to WD and to CJ before it went defunct.  It actually set me back quite a pretty penny to print, bind and send it to look professional.  I have submitted it electronically on a half-dozen occasions.
No response.

GW does not care about fan-dexes, and not about the Harlequins. If we want to play with this - we will, but GW will not lift a finger to do anything about the Harlequins.

Offline sn toter

• I can haz Avatar?
« Reply #1139 on: July 6, 2011, 06:47:24 PM »
I have sent this on a few occasions to GW, both to WD and to CJ before it went defunct.  It actually set me back quite a pretty penny to print, bind and send it to look professional.  I have submitted it electronically on a half-dozen occasions.
No response.

GW does not care about fan-dexes, and not about the Harlequins. If we want to play with this - we will, but GW will not lift a finger to do anything about the Harlequins.

That's a damn shame - this is a great list that would open the doors for a lot of niche players