News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin Battle Report... kinda...  (Read 536 times)

Offline bdawalt

Harlequin Battle Report... kinda...
« on: August 10, 2003, 11:07:01 PM »
Played my first harlies vs. deamonhunters game today. 1500 pts.. my opponent had an inquisitor with a healthy retinue riding in a chimera, 2 LRs full of grey knights in power armor, a deepstriking grey knight squad and a dreadnaught.

I had a shadowseer accompanying a squad of 10 harlies, a squad of 6 harlies in a venom, a squad of 6 mimes and a mimic, 5 DJs and the requisite solitare, all nicely equipped.

I got the first turn and blew a weapon off of a LR with a DJ. Moved the venom squad into a good second turn assault position. Advanced big squad into cover and moved the mimes within range of his Chimera. The mimes shot it with two neuro disruptors and rolled a 3... the inquisitor couldn't get out of his tank ;D!!

Next turn he imobilized one of his LRs in some woods. He then disembarked the squad inside and shot at my venom. Weapon destroyed and can't shoot were the only two results(love that holo-field). The other LR shot my mimes and then unloaded a squad which shot and then assaulted them. The mimic was left... but only 3 GKs remained!

In my second turn the Venom squad killed off the grey knight squad that shot at their vemon in CC and two of my DJs imobilized the Dread. The big squad with the shadowseer and the Solitaire were in some woods, only a move, fleet of foot and a charge away from killing many grey knights. Then a loud, booming voice was heard across the battlefield........ ."Hey guys, I need to close up in about 5 minutes.. can ya'll start picking up?"

And the Inquisition was saved from embarrassment by my local shop owner.

All in all it was a great day for the harlies... not only because they were about to deliver a spanking of legendary proportions to some GKs... but because all the guys in the shop were oohhing and aahhing over the harlies(mainly because of the way they chewed up an enitre GK squad on the charge and not because of my painting skills though...  :-[.. they're still works in progress)

Offline Greater Solitaire

• I'm not sure I get the deal with llamas
    • My Website
Re:Harlequin Battle Report... kinda...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 12:21:07 AM »
Sounds good!  Question, why did you start a battle if it was close to closing time  ;D
Jesus Saves!

For God so loved the earth that He gave is only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Pass it on!

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re:Harlequin Battle Report... kinda...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 04:31:38 AM »
Congratulations on what seems to have been a fun-filled battle. Good luck on your next one as well!

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.