News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unofficially Official Update Corsairs Army List  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Anhrathe

Unofficially Official Update Corsairs Army List
« on: October 5, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »
So I have been working on an updated Corsairs Army List.  The one that SHOULD have been written for us.  I was motivated primarily by their complete unplayability in matched play until the very recent FAQ, but the current situation is still a slap in the face.

When I say updated list, I mean the whole enchilada, stratagems, obsessions, coterie specializations, warlord traits, etc.

I expect to be another 2 to 3 weeks until it is polished and ready to release.  To prove I'm serious, I've pasted a couple units and some special rules below.  This is a work in progress, so bear with me, but much of it is useable.

Please give me any and all feedback.  I'm going to need playtesters to make this work.  My ultimate hope is that I can hand this to GW, and/or FW and say, "here you go, I've done your job for you, now give us a proper list, and go ahead and copy whatever you want from this."

I can't post the whole thing, but I will post what I can within the character limit, and may make a 2nd post shortly to show what else I've got written.  Unfortunately much of my careful formatting has been lost.  When I release this it will be both in text, and a clean readable, printable PDF.

Thanks for reading this if you've gotten this far:

___________________ __

Ghostwalkers
M8 WS3+ BS3+ S3 T3 LD7 A1 W1 SV5+
This unit contains 5 Ghostwalkers.  It can include up to 5 additional Ghostwalkers. Each model is armed with a Brace of Pistols, a Lasblaster, and Plasma grenades.

Wargear Options:
Any model may exchange its Lasblaster for one of the following weapons:
Splinter Rifle
Shardcarbine
Shuriken Catapult
Ranger Long Rifle
Spar-Glaive

For every 5 models in the unit, one model may exchange its Lasblaster for one of the following weapons:
• Fusion Gun
• Flamer
• Blaster
• Shredder

Abilities:
Dancing on the Blades Edge: (See Special Rules)

Reckless Abandon: (See Special Rules)

Solace of the Shadows: Your opponent must subtract 1 from hit rolls for ranged weapons that target this unit. In addition, add 2 instead of 1 to saving throws made for models from this unit that are in cover.

Strike Without Warning: During deployment, you can set up this unit in hiding instead of placing it on the battlefield. At the start of the first battle round but before the first turn begins, this unit can emerge from hiding – set it up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.

Faction Keywords: AELDARI, ANHRATHE, <RAIDING COMPANY>, <COTERIE>
Keywords: INFANTRY

___________________ ______

Voidstorm Band
M8_WS3+_BS3+_S3_T3_W1_A2_LD7_SV4+  -- Felarch
This unit contains 3 Corsair Felarchs.  It can include up to 6 additional Felarchs.  Each model is armed with a Brace of Pistols, a Lasblaster, and Plasma grenades.

Wargear:
Any model may exchange its Lasblaster for one of the following weapons:
• Splinter Rifle
• Shardcarbine
• Shuriken Catapult
• Spar Glaive
• Venom Blade
• Power Glaive

Up to 1 model per 5 may exchange its Lasblaster for one of the following weapons:
• Fusion Gun
• Flamer
• Blaster
• Shredder

Any model may exchange its Brace of Pistols for a Blast Pistol or Dissonance Pistol.
The entire unit may exchange its Plasma Grenades for Melta Bombs.
The entire unit may take Corsair Jet Packs
The entire unit may equipped with Voidplate Armor.

Abilities:
Bladesworn: 1 Voidstorm Band per army may be upgraded to Bladesworn if the army's warlord is a Corsair Prince.  The entire unit must be equipped with Voidplate Armor and must be equipped with Corsair Jet Packs if the Corsair Prince is equipped with a Corsair Jet Pack.  This unit can re-roll failed wound rolls during the fight phase whilst it is within 3" of the Corsair Prince. In addition, if your army is Battle-forged, this unit does not take up slots in a Detachment.

Reckless Abandon:
Faction Keywords: AELDARI, ANHRATHE, <RAIDING COMPANY>, <COTERIE>
Keywords: INFANTRY, REAVER

___________________ ____
RULES & EQUPIMENT
___________________ ____

Voidplate Armor:  A model equipped with Voidplate Armor gains a 3+ Armor Save and a 5+ Invulnerable Save.

Corsair Jet Pack:  A model equipped with a Corsair Jet Pack  gains the Sky Fall special ability, increases its move characteristic to 16" and gains the <FLY> and <JET PACK> keywords.

Sky Fall: During deployment, you can set up this unit in the skies instead of placing it on the    battlefield. At the end of any of your Movement phases this unit can descend – set it up    anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.

Reckless Abandon: If a unit with this ability inflicts one or more casualties on an enemy unit while firing Overwatch, it may make an immediate move of 3" after the results of the Overwatch attack have been resolved.  Add 1 inch to this move for each casualty inflicted beyond the first, up to a maximum move of 6 inches.  If the unit with this ability has the fly keyword it may add an additional 3" to this move for a maximum move of 9 inches.  This move be used cannot be used to place the unit within 3" of any enemy unit.

Kinetic Shroud: If a corsair vehicle equipped with a Kinetic Shroud moves more than half its undamaged movement value, it gains a 5+ invulnerable save against all shooting attacks until the beginning of the controlling players next turn.  If a vehicle equipped with a Kinetic Shroud advances, your opponent must subtract 1 from all hit rolls for ranged weapons that target it until your next Movement phase.  If that vehicle advances and is also equipped with Star Engines, your opponent must subtract 2 from all hit rolls for ranged weapons that target it until your next Movement phase.

The Eye of She Who Thirsts: If a model with this rule attempts to cast a psychic power and suffers a perils of the warp, on any subsequent psychic tests it will suffer a perils of the warp on a roll of any double for the rest of the game.

Internal Politics: If for any reason a <COTERIE> unit ends its move within 1" of a unit from a different <COTERIE>, the unit is considered to be falling back next turn.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2018, 07:00:47 PM by Anhrathe »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Unofficially Official Update Corsairs Army List
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2018, 04:28:10 AM »
Please only post the rules and statistics which you have changed.  Any rules or stats which are the same as those in any of GW's publications need to be removed to comply with forum rule 1.  The moderation team has agreed to give you three days from now to make these changes.  If this does not happen, I'm afraid that the entire topic will have to be removed.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente