News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsairs 1850 (I'm back)  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
Corsairs 1850 (I'm back)
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »
Hello 40K Online denizens, Khorne25 back here (after five years?) with more Eldar Corsair goodness.
I'll be posting a new project blog for my all new revived revamped Eldar Corsairs (some 3-4k now).

Anyways, here's a new second edition 1850 pt list. Format is wonky as it's come out of an excel table.

Command Crew         
1   Corsair Prince      150
   Jetpack   
   Shadowfield      
   Void sabre      
   Mask of Secrets      

5   Malevolent      100
5   Jetpacks      

Sky Burners         
1   Baron      70
   Cloud Dancer      
   Shadowfield      

3   Cloud Dancer      90
3   Scatter Laser      

6   Corsair Reavers      210
1   Falcon      
   Scatter Laser      
   Kinetic Shroud      
   Void Burner      

6   Corsair Reavers      210
1   Falcon      
   Scatter Laser      
   Kinetic shroud      
   Void Burner      

2   Hornet      160
4   Pulse Laser      

1   Nightwing      125

2   Warp Hunter      370

Titan Breakers         
1   Baron      70
   Cloud Dancer      
   Shadowfield      

3   Cloud Dancer      90
3   Scatter Laser      

1   Phoenix Bomber      205
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:41:02 PM by Khorne25 »

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Corsairs 1850 (I'm back)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:06:27 PM »
Can we see some picks please, Khorne25? Have painted my Saim-Hann like the Corsairs. Keen to see yours, mate.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:23 AM »
Let's be patient and await updates in an appropriate board board for that, or there are always the links in his signature to follow, but let's keep this topic for army list advice only.

I'm assuming this is a sort of last hurrah seventh edition game before the new rules come out?  I think that some idea of what the strategy is going to be would be helpful for army list reviewers.  It's clearly a very mobile force, but what's the plan?  A concentrated flank attack?  Hit run style tactics?  Something else?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
Hey Khorne! So great to see you again man. Been a loooooooong time. Great to see you back! Man I love this list! Its pretty hardcore but fluffy at the same time. There is a nice mix of fluffy and fun unit, but the Hornets, Nightwing, Warp Hunter and Phoenix are all excellent choices. Also the Falcons should mix super nice... giving you more scatter lasers and more pulse laser shots that pair well with your bikes, or your hornets.

Great list man and I CANNOT wait to see you in project logs my friend. Can't wait to see what you cooked up! See you around bud  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »
I'm assuming this is a sort of last hurrah seventh edition game before the new rules come out?  I think that some idea of what the strategy is going to be would be helpful for army list reviewers.  It's clearly a very mobile force, but what's the plan?  A concentrated flank attack?  Hit run style tactics?  Something else?

Last hurrah indeed -- from what people have been speculating, 8th edition may very well have no continuity for Corsairs (at least upon release).

Hyper mobile, dissipated army with an alpha or beta strike option. Maximum rear armour exploitation with outflank plus one die scatter rolls for deep strike. Malevolents are only there to tank wounds for the Prince.

Main weaknesses are unreliable Reserves rolls. I haven't allied in an Eldar Farseer Skyrunner, but that would be one way to go about this.

I've tried to keep the hardcore Corsairs firepower down (so no 6x Hornets) and maintain some fluff. If I needed more Malevolents or Scatbikes I'd downgrade the Phoenix to a Balestrike squad (Cavalier I know you have an affection for these :D)

Also, the Project blog will take about a month or so. There's a lot to unbox from five years ago, a lot more theorycrafting to do, and a lot more painting!

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:48:45 AM »
I wouldnt drop the Phoenix. I really like this list... good strong and thematic. Flying the Nightwing + Phoenix side by side in the last game of 7th is really cool.

Also sounds good on the project log. Can't wait to see you in there bud. Looking forward to it!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:58:22 PM »
I wouldnt drop the Phoenix. I really like this list... good strong and thematic. Flying the Nightwing + Phoenix side by side in the last game of 7th is really cool.

Also sounds good on the project log. Can't wait to see you in there bud. Looking forward to it!

Well like you I believe that there should be no more than 2x Hornets!

I haven't actually trialled the Phoenix but from the positive reviews some corsair commentators have been giving it, I'm definitely going to give it a spin.

Also I just realised it is in fact a Fast Attack not a Heavy Support now. That's insane!

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
Yeah the Phoenix is a BEAST against infantry. Its really one of the few bombers that actually feels like a bomber, smother ground targets in anti-infantry armor. This thing is the BANE of 3+ armor. I hope you get matched up against Marines in battle company cause thing will do work! The Nightwing is my fave though, a dark horse for MVP throughout 6th and 7th edition for me. The thing is so nasty against flyers and it just hoses down light vehicles. I've also used it countless times to strip the last HP off an Imperial Knight or something with its lances as well if the Hornets fail to deliver.

The Nightwing, Hornets and Warp Hunter are really an unholy trio. Add in the Phoenix and its all the vehicles an Eldar force needs.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 07:34:22 AM »
I'm to lazy to research all the new rules exposed so far, Cavalier. Are the the Hornet, Nightwing, Warp Hunter and Phoenix all that in 8th ed?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »
Oh yeah. The entire Eldar range will be updated by the end of June for 8th edition. FW actually released an article saying they will have everything updated by the end of June, plus rules for units that don't YET have models and even discontinued models... which is very exciting. So I'm guessing that includes the Eldar Firestorm which is nasty in this edition... especially against flying MCs