News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 - Harlequins - Incubi Competitive/Semi-Competitive  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 - Harlequins - Incubi Competitive/Semi-Competitive
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:32:37 PM »
I'm aiming to be competitive/semi competitive with this list of Harlequins + Dark Eldar. I wanted to build a list where i can go real hard in melee using my favorite dark eldar unit the Incubi, alongside all of the Harlequin models that i own.

I used a CAD with a bunch of venoms to take objectives and annoy the opponent along with the skyweavers and voidweaver. The incubi raider can either arrive via deep strike or start on the field to put added pressure on turn 2.

The succubus join a Troupe unit each and arrive via the webway to present an imemdiate threat to any opponent. The armour of misery + mask of secrets combo to get a nice leadership bomb going right from the gate and the animus in order to get a neat power from pain bonus on the DE models. I considered haywire grenades instead but opted for the animus as getting early feel no pain and fearless can help a lot in objectives.

1850 Pts - Codex: Harlequins Roster - 1850 - Harlequins - Incubi

Formation:
   1 Cast of Players, 418 pts (Crusader; Heralds of the Laughing God)
      11 Troupe (Shuriken Pistol x11; Close Combat Weapon x5; Harlequin's Kiss x6)
         1 Troupe Master (Shuriken Pistol; Harlequin's Caress)

1 Inriam's Spectre

1 Shadowseer (Neuro Disruptor; Miststave; Mastery 2)
         1 The Mask of Secrets

Formation:
   1 Cegorach's Jest, 438 pts (Rising Crescendo)
      11 Troupe (Shuriken Pistol x11; Close Combat Weapon x5; Harlequin's Kiss x6)
         1 Troupe Master (Shuriken Pistol; Harlequin's Caress)

2 Skyweaver (Zephyrglaive x2; Mirage Launcher x2)

1 Voidweaver (Shuriken Cannon x2; Prismatic Cannon; Mirage Launcher)

: Combined Arms Detachment (37#, 990 pts)
   1 Succubus (HQ) [DE], 145 pts (Archite Glaive; Webway Portal; The Armour of Misery)

1 Succubus (HQ) [DE], 150 pts (Archite Glaive; Webway Portal; The Animus Vitae)

10 Incubi (Elite) [DE], 275 pts
      1 Raider (Fast) [DE] (Dark Lance x1; Night Shields; Stealth)

5 Kabalite Warriors (Troops) [DE], 105 pts (Close Combat Weapon)
      1 Venom (Fast) [DE] (Splinter Cannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1846

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: 1850 - Harlequins - Incubi Competitive/Semi-Competitive
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 01:39:32 PM »
On paper I quite like the army, it's actually fairly fluffy and you've got a good range of models in there. It'll be very fast and hit pretty hard but your real big problem is sadly going to be getting there.
If you want to be really competitive with Harlequins and Dark Eldar you are going to have a tough time, particularly using units like Incubi who are just so expensive.
I've never really found that using big troupes of Harlequins is all that effective as unfortunately you are piling a lot of points into a big but very soft unit (Even with Shrouding and Veil of Tears) I tend to find MSU suits Harlequins a lot better.
I think your list would definitely be fun to use but not sure how effective it would be if you came up against lists like Scatterbike spam, Battle Company or Riptide Wings.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
Thanks for the response. I'm mostly facing iron hands with their special detachment for added feel no pain bonuses.

Some times he'll bring flyers, a knight or many thunderfire cannons which are a bit of a problem.

I have not tried Harlequins at all so I'm considering this list amongst my first go at them and see how they play out on the field. If smaller units make more sense i'll have to strongly consider playing them unbound since I don't have enough units for other formations.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 05:51:20 PM »
I've not had a really good read up of the new book yet but it may well be worth looking at the new Ynnari rules for what you are looking for.
Raiders were always my favourite delivery system for Harlequins, I used to use the "fear-bomb" tactic quite often of a harlequin troupe with Shadowseer and Death Jester in a raider with a WWP Archon. It was a very nasty combination and won me a few games!
Raiders let you fit larger units in than the Skyweavers and are a bit more resilient. They'll give you the protection against thunderfire cannons which can tear through Harlequin Troupes. If the Ynnari lets you mix and match somewhat you should be able to take them as fast attack choices and put your troupes in them.

I would say try the list a few times and just make minor tweaks, you'll soon see what is working and what isn't.
Harlequins really aren't easy to use but when they work they are really rewarding!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »
Played a variation of this list breaking up the incubi into 2 units in venoms. And I nearly tabled the iron hands + space wolves opposition. Thunderwolves were no match for venoms.

The harlequins got murdered though every time. They die to a stiff breeze in the shooting phase, even in assault they got killed by overwatch and didn't have enough of an impact in combat even when wielding more caresses.