News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2.5k vs Dark Angels Grav Train  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
2.5k vs Dark Angels Grav Train
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:49:57 AM »
Good afternoon all!
I am planning a 2.5k game this thursday against a friend of mine who is expected to be using a Dark Angels army and is notorious for using a lot of Grav weapons!
In his last game he had tactical squads loaded with Grav, a Drop podding Devastator unit with Grav Cannons and a Librarius Conclave in a Drop pod.
I really can't decide what I want to take though!

I think I am probably going to take about 1.25k of Corsairs which looks something like this:
Command
Prince- Jump Pack, Shadowfield, Void Sabre, Multiphase Key Generator
Sky Burners Coterie
Baron- Clouddancer, Shadowfield, Multiphase Key Generator
3x Clouddancers- Scatter Lasers
Nightwing
2x Hornets- Pulse Lasers, Kinetic Shrouds
Lynx

Titan Breakers Coterie
Baron- Jump Pack, Multiphase Key Generator
5x Reavers- 2x Fusion Guns
5x Reavers- 2x Fusion Guns

I think that I want to take some Craftworld or Harlequins Allies but I really just can't decide on what I want to take. I've already got a hell of a lot of speed in the Corsair force so I'm not sure whether I want to take a Guardian castle to protect against his Alpha strike or whether I want to go all out with the speed theme and take Wave Serpents and Aspect Warriors.
I've got one unit of pretty much all of the aspect warriors plus I have everything on the list in the Harlequin codex.
Any ideas more than welcome!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: 2.5k vs Dark Angels Grav Train
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »
Hey bud. Looks like a solid list... The Corsair section is strong...but surviving the Alpha Strike is the trick isnt it? You don't want to expose any of this stuff to a grav-storm.

You're Harlies might not be a bad option as I'm pretty sure their non-armor save makes wounding them extremely difficult.

What I usually do is use my Scorpions, Warp Spiders and Avengers in Serpents (jinking away) to divide up their fire, present a decent retaliation. So at 2500 pts, you could have a troupe of Harlies, Scorpions, Spiders and Avengers in Serpents lock it down, then have your Corsairs beta-strike them into oblivion.

Thats how'd I deal with it... let me know what you think. Sounds like a tough matchup as it always is against Alpha Strike lists.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: 2.5k vs Dark Angels Grav Train
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »
Cheers Cav,
Gotta admit I am normally the one administering the Alpha strike so it's definitely a bit different for me!
I've got a friend who has told me that since I've got the Lynx and Warp Hunter in there I've got to be fluffy so I've gone a bit bigger on the Corsair detachment and added some very fitting Craftworld allies!
My current idea is:

Command Crew
Prince- Jump Pack, Shadowfield, Void Sabre, Multiphase Key Generator
3x Wasps- Starcannon, Scatter Laser

Sky Burners Coterie
Baron- Clouddancer, Multiphase Key Generator
2x Hornets- Pulse Lasers
Nightwing
Lynx

Titan Breakers Coterie
Baron- Jump Pack, Multiphase Key Generator
10x Corsair Reavers- Jump Packs, 4x Fusion Guns
5x Reavers- Blaster
Venom- Twin Splinter Cannons
5x Reavers- Blaster
Venom- Twin Splinter Cannons
Nightwing
Warp Hunter

Craftworld Allies
Autarch
8x Rangers
7x Rangers
Crimson Hunter Exarch

I did consider dropping out the Crimson Hunter and swapping the Autarch for Illic Nightspear for fluff reasons but the Autarch will really help ensure that I get my units in on the 2nd turn (Especially with the Sky Burners Re-roll) and I just love Crimson Hunters!  ;D
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here