News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsairs with dark eldar semi-competitive  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Determinator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Corsairs with dark eldar semi-competitive
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:18:21 PM »
So I'm playing against imperial guard next week with corsairs, never having played corsairs before.

I don't want the list to be super competitive because I think I would overpower imperial guard quite quickly, but I want it to be reasonably competitive. That means no jetbikes, hornets, warp hunters or lynx.

So onto the list...

Command

Prince, shadowfield, void sabre, jetbike w/ twin-linked splinter rifle, reaper of the outer dark, brace of pistols,

Sky burners coterie

Baron, jetpack, mastery level one

5 Corsairs reavers, 2 fusion guns, jetpacks, felarch

5 Malevolents, jetpacks, 2 melta bombs

Wasp Assault walker, 2 scatter lasers, void burners

Nightwing Interceptor
xxx

5 Balestrikes, shruiken cannons, jetpacks

Sky burners coterie

Void dreamer, mastery level 2+3, jetpack, shadowfield

5 Corsair reavers, 2 fusion guns, jetpacks, felarch

5 Malevolents, jetpacks, 2 melta bombs

Wasp Assault walker, 2 scatter lasers, void burners

Nightwing Interceptor
xxx

Dark Eldar Allied detachment

8 Sslyth
Raider, splinter racks

5 Kabalite warriors
Venom, splinter cannon

9 Reaver jetbikes, 3 Cluster caltrops

I gave the prince reaper of the outer dark, because I think rage is such a useful special rule, it's army-wide, and I think it'll be fun charging after having shot at a different unit.
He runs with the reavers, which I took so that the prince could have a fast assault unit to give the army a little punch.

I took the reavers because they are so fast and are actually quite a scary anti-tank unit since they can take two special weapons.

I've tried the wasp assault walkers with my eldar and I think they are so survivable for such a cheap unit and they put out quite a lot of firepower at the same time.

The baron goes with the malevolents and I'm gonna use them as a counter-assault unit.

The balestrikes seem to me to be an extremely fast cheap source of firepower, even cheaper than windrider jetbikes!

The void dreamer goes with the sslyth for the leadership bonus and the tanking invulnerable save.

Finally the nightwings are there for anti-air. When I've tried them out, they have been extremely useful because they just do not die with their 2+ jink.

My questions are:
1. I want to null deploy, but I don't know what is survivable enough to stay on the board, which units do you think would survive?
2. Are shruiken cannons the best load out for balestrikes?
3. Do you think I should vary my reaver load out?
4. Are reaver jetbikes a good unit to go with my prince or not?
5. Finally, what warlord trait table do you think I should roll on?

Any more critique would be really helpful. Thank you in advance!