News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 750p Corsair list vs SM  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Garion

750p Corsair list vs SM
« on: April 17, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
Hi!
I will play my first game with the Corsairs next weekend against vanilla SM or SW

It will be a small game to test lists out, with the following restrictions: CAD only, 1 HQ, 2-3 troops, up to 2 units chosen from  elites and/or fast attacks in any combinations, 0 heavy supports, no flayers or LOW

The list I came up with is:

CAD

- Corsair Prince, cloud dancer, shadow field, void sabre @135
- 6 Cloud Dancer, 1 Felarch, 3 scatter laser @160

- 6 Reaver, jetpacks, 2 flamers,  3 brace of pistols, 1 Felarch with ccw and power weapon (lance) @120

- 2 Wasp Walkers, double scatter laser @140

- 2 Hornets, double pulse lasers, kinetic shroud @190

== 745p

For the Prince and it's special trait I'm currently leaning toward reaper of the outer dark (rampage/rage) or survivor of endless darkness (IWND / FnP5+ for the Prince). For the last 5p I will probably get a splinter cannon for one of the bikes

The vanilla player will probably bunker himself in a 3+ cover ruin thanks to his thunderfire cannon Techmarine

Any c&c is really welcome

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: 750p Corsair list vs SM
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:32 AM »
I love the restrictions you've put in place, all too often have I played a small points game and come up against something utterly ridiculous (Last one was an imperial knight).
For your list it looks fairly solid although there are a couple of things I'd mention.

Your Prince is in a very awkward position, you've spent quite a lot of points on him and if you do take Rampage/Rage then he is going to be a bit of a force in combat but you don't want those Cloud Dancers anywhere near combat.
Personally I would give your Prince a Jet Pack instead of the Cloud Dancer and put him in with the unit on foot, since they have Flamers they'll be getting up close and personal so the chances of him being utilized are higher and he could present quite a good deterrent to any marine squads thinking of charging your unit.
Secondly using the points saved from the Prince I would give your Jetbikes another Scatter Laser.

If they are going to Bunker up then they could well have a hard time dealing with your mobility. Just make sure to make the most of your Reckless abandon and Thrust moves to protect yourself from too much firepower.
Would be very interesting to hear how you get on though.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Garion

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:42:52 PM »
uhm those are really good points

Would you keep the Felarch on the Cloud Dancers after moving the Prince to the Reaver  band? Is The +1Ld worth it?

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:57:48 PM »
uhm those are really good points

Would you keep the Felarch on the Cloud Dancers after moving the Prince to the Reaver  band? Is The +1Ld worth it?

When I run 3 man squads I won't use a Felarch but when you are using bigger squads the small price for +1 leadership is definitely worth it. I've had a few units run off the board due to the poor leadership for regrouping.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Garion

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
So I modified the list moving the Prince around:

CAD

- Corsair Prince, jetpack, shadow field, void sabre, reaper of the outer dark @125
- 5 Reaver, jetpacks, 2 flamers,  3 brace of pistols, 1 Felharch with CCW and POW (lance), rage @120

- 6 Cloud Dancer, 4 scatter laser @160

- 2 Wasp Walkers, double scatter laser @140

- 2 Hornets, double pulse lasers, kinetic shroud @190

== 735p

With the last 15 points I can get another standard Reaver to get more bodies around the Prince or upgrade one biker to a Felarch with splinter cannon (for the last 5 points)

I'm currently leaning toward the Reaver option to protect the Prince more

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:07:08 PM by Garion »