News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wow, you disappear for 6 years and the site dies...  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Kjata

Wow, you disappear for 6 years and the site dies...
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
Seriously, I am pretty bummed about the lack of activity on these boards. I remember whe n the tavern was bumping, and ever the least popular boards had 5 or 6 active topics at one time.

God, I never thought I'd miss anything at all about 2006...  :'(

EDIT: Holy amphetamine parrot, nobodies posted in tavern games since july first  :'(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:00:32 PM by Kjata »

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Wow, you disappear for 6 years and the site dies...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
Funny what a global economic meltdown will do to a spaceman wargame.  Plus, the Rumor Mill has been stifled badly since Games Workshop rather effectively zip-tied the rumor pipeline a few years ago.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:36:51 PM »
With 6th edition, all sections of the forum that deal with actually playing the game in some way shape or form are doing quite well.  So Gen40k, R&Q, and all army specific boards are quite active as people are getting into the new edition.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Shadowbreed

• Ask not the Eldar a question.
    • Kaela Shelwe - Shadowbreeds blog
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
One of the things I like about this forum is that it isn't so insanely busy..

I gave up on Dakkadakka ages ago, since there's just too many posts each day, here at least I can follow stuff, and there's an actual community.

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »
I killed all the other tavern gamers, those few remaining have been wise in hiding. I see my plan has finally bore fruit though. I shall find you soon. :-*

Seriously though, 40kO seems to be a bit slow compared to some of the other sites. Low post rates and whatnot. There's been a slight increase in traffic since we all have to talk shop about the new rule set, but really, how many times could a person make a leafblower and critique it?
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions