News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins colour schemes  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
Harlequins colour schemes
« on: February 26, 2002, 11:18:00 PM »
i am planning to write a article for Eldar online about me planning and painting my harlequin army and while i was reading through the fluff somthing struck a chord with me. Here is my rant-

Harlequins are dancers. They wear costumes to make them look like the part that they play so why does every model in the harlequin army have the same colour scheme. The way I see it this is going to be my colour scheme-
great harlequin-
orange, very light blue, very light purple
shadow seer-
same as great harlequin
harlequins-
same as above.
my first note is, that in the discription of the shadowseer in the harlequin section is wrong, (s)he does not play a part in the dances, (s)he does all the effects so over all a shadowseer can be painted what ever way yuo want to paint it.

Now death jesters play death so they will have the whole black and white thing going. This is done and always will be done.

Mimes, this is where people will disagre with me- mimes should be painting in blacks and purples. Why? i hear you scream. Because they play slaanesh's demons. the way i see it each chaos god has a colour, slaanesh's is purple and black is the whole chaos thing.

The solitire (I can never spell that word grrr) should be VERY dark. he is slaanesh, in the dance he wont be all bright like the laughing god would he?

So this is how I am going to paint my army and you will get the submission soon (once I finish taking pictures and painting, it will be a small multi part thing)

So what do you think??
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Veul

• Eldar will rule again! (*hopefully*)
Re:Harlequins colour schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 11:27:40 AM »
play some really happy music whilst you are painting your harliquins and gh etc. and play something morbid whilst you are painting your solitare and death jesters you could do a whole light and dark thing for your army dunno just go crazy with the places that the colours shold go so yeah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
- [A Squat sporting a long, blonde wig, a battle skirt, a full beard and two bolters, standing astride a pile of Chaos Marine corpses]: It Ain't Over 'Til the Fat Lady Sings

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 02:48:28 PM »
I recommend Daft Punk "The Discovery" for harlie painting

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 02:53:17 PM »
Like the scheme going along with fluff idea, ;)
beck   or HAIR(the soundtrack) would turn up some interesting painted figs.

what if people (when they turned in How To Paint articles) included the music they listened too, harharhar
... nevermind :-X
"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 04:22:10 PM »
i lisen to marilyn manson or amen while i paint. i dont really have any happy music. i've kinda figured out my fluff and jusifed why i should have a solitire-
ariham (chaos special character- cant spell) is looking for Czeck (guy who got into black libary- cant spell) so he can get into the black libary and become a new chaos god. Oviously the laughing god would not want this to happen so he sends a host after him. since this is very important i think that a solitire would come along.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Achron of the scorpion king

• um...hold on.....no....no...that wont do.....um...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2002, 05:32:03 AM »
i recomend 2pac
go  to  -  cummunity  -  suggestions  -  campian thred  

and post about your gaming group for a MASSIVE EO CAMPAIN

come on ppl we need your help!