News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins in Australia  (Read 1459 times)

Offline 2quiet

• Infinity Circuit
  • BOOOOOOOOM...."yes, that red button..."
Harlequins in Australia
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:03:37 AM »
Ok, now I did not think that I could get harlequin models in Australia, but then someone (I believe Rasmus) said that you could take the product code and order them... presuming this is correct, can you do this at any stockist do you know, or only official GW stores? Also, can you give me a rough price estimate to what, say, ten troupes would cost me (inc. postage if needed) Thank you all very much for your help!
Some of my favorites:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day- Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I lay in bed last night looking up at the stars in the sky, and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose

If ther's something you can deffinetely rely on it's gotta be- oh, theres not

Offline allconsuminghat

• Warrior
  • Son of a silly person
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Lizardmen, Bretonnians.
Re: Harlequins in Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »
You can always use the GW online store or Ebay, but most stores around me won't order in stuff for you.
I'm happy to be wrong.

Farseer Jeff of Craftworld Iyanden 0/0/0
Archon Steve of the Kabal of Impending Bankruptcy 0/0/0

They're a peace loving people.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »
Most bigger GW-stores has a "maildrop"-service, allowing you to place mailorder-orders through them, and then you can pick it up there. Check with your local GW-store, and maybe they can help you out.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:02:46 PM »
ebay is by far the cheapest, though, i must say.  I got my 1250 army for about 120 i believe, including multiple great harlequins, 4 DJ's, a solitaire, and a shadowseer.  10 troupes retail is going to be aloooot more.  If you want to go that route though check the australia section of the GW 40k store.  i know they ship in the UK, havent checked the US as i did mine ebay, and had no reason to check the aus, but eh.  I dont have any GW stores near me, as far as i'm aware of, so i havent considered that option.

GL.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline allconsuminghat

• Warrior
  • Son of a silly person
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Lizardmen, Bretonnians.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:54:19 AM »
I just got some harlequins off ebay, cheaper than it would have been from GW and they chucked in a couple of OOP rare eldar models. Theres a few doubles within my collection now so that means I can convert the doubles.
I'm happy to be wrong.

Farseer Jeff of Craftworld Iyanden 0/0/0
Archon Steve of the Kabal of Impending Bankruptcy 0/0/0

They're a peace loving people.

Offline Dinendal

• Infinity Circuit
  • LARPing FTW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 07:21:54 PM »
I've got this from ebay:

2 Great harlys
2 shadowseer
4 jetbikes (one for the second shadowseer)
one converted wraithlord
2 converted venoms
21 troupers
4 troupe leaders
5 converted death jester (3 with bright lances)

That's around 2000 points

and LOTS of bitz (1 weapon platform with crew, a talos, some spare raider parts...)
all this for around 300 + the shipping/borders $ CA ...

and the venoms/wraithlords are SO COOL ! (and painted well)

You should look on ebay :p

Dinendal
"The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »
you were damn lucky to find venoms, i've never seen one on ebay before, and jetbikes themselves are relatively rare and go for...well alot more than the originals did most of the time.  I;ve been tempted for a while to buy the parts necessary and convert a bunch of venoms to sell on ebay for profit/fun, but i just dont have an adequate workshop set up, nor the temporary money to spare.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Dinendal

• Infinity Circuit
  • LARPing FTW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »
you were damn lucky to find venoms, i've never seen one on ebay before, and jetbikes themselves are relatively rare and go for...well alot more than the originals did most of the time.  I;ve been tempted for a while to buy the parts necessary and convert a bunch of venoms to sell on ebay for profit/fun, but i just dont have an adequate workshop set up, nor the temporary money to spare.

Yeah I know I was lucky... especially since when I saw this I had not touched my Eldar for almost a year... (I was disappointed because of the hooby cost...) Then, one day, BAAAAMMMM , this big army for sale ! What a nice way to come back in the hobby !

Dinendal
"The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.