News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 Vostroyans Vs AdMech: Kill Confirmed  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
1750 Vostroyans Vs AdMech: Kill Confirmed
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
1750 Vostroyan AM Vs AdMech: Kill Confirmed

Though there was a lot of atmospheric disturbance from the storm, the voice over the vox could not have been clearer: "Attention all units! Attention all units! Renegade Knight-class Titan active in zone! Repeat! Renegade Knight-class Titan active in...shhhhhshshchhh hshsssshhhh."

Lieutenant Colonel Handol tapped the channel switch on the vox, trying to clear the interference. The rain soaked through his great coat and made his ushanka hat weigh five kilos. "Dammit!" he cursed at the vox operator. "See if you can't get them back on the line. Get them to give me a khekking location!"

The man nodded and hunkered down behind a melted steel pillar, doing his best to keep the baroque comm pack dry in the driving rain. Damned rain was going to kill them more than the cyborgs would. Everywhere Handol looked, he saw troops and vehicles in disarray. Air support would be limited, too. And now a Knight?

What in His Holy Name was a Knight doing here, anyway? These techpriests were supposed to be some kind of splinter sect--that was what the Regimental Standard was printing anyway, and none of his orders contradicted it. For a Knightly House to ally with them...something truly insane had to be going on. Heresy of the highest order. It made his moustache twitch just to think of it. "I miss the old days," he thought. "When all we had to do was kill orks."

"Sir!" a spotter for a lascannon team waved him over, popping his head over the side of a crater like a gopher. "I've found the knight, sir!"

"Kodlinsky, you haven't got a vox!" Handol said.

"Not on the vox, sir!" Kodlinsky held up his field glasses.

The brigade suddenly grew very quiet. Handol, his legs wooden, reached out and took the field glasses. As he did, he felt it:

*THUD*

Right there, through the soles of his feet.

*THUD*

Hands shaking, he put the glasses to his eyes and looked down-range from his brigade's position.

*THUD*

At first he though it was a cloud bank--a dark wall of fog. But then the clouds parted around it, and there could be no doubt. A Knight Paladin, closing on their position. No more than a kilometer, maybe a kilometer and a half away. Despite the rain, Handol's mouth was dry. "Throne..."

"Sir?" Kodlinsky took back his field glasses. "What do we do?"

*THUD*

Handol didn't respond. He ran back to the vox-man, grabbed him by the collar, and hissed in his ear. "Transmit Emergency Code Alpha-Alpha-Delta-Whisky with my transmit sign-off."

The vox man went pale. "But sir...that's...that will call..."

*THUD*

Handol pushed him. "Just do it! I'll answer for it later, but if you want to live, *make that khekking call!*"

This battle represents the rogue AdMech's last ditch attempt to prevent being blasted out of the war zone they are here to investigate--the third battle in a 3-mission arc in our ongoing narrative campaign. You can read about it here.

I'd given Uncle Tungsten (my opponent) a pair of losses so far. He has one last chance. Here's the list he brought:

The Armored Spear of the Techpriests
Martian Battalion

HQ
Cawl
Techpriest Enginseer

Elites
5 Sicarian Infiltrators w/Stub carbines, taser goads

Troops
5 Rangers w/2 Arc Rifles
5 Rangers w/2 Arc Rifles
10 Vanguard

Heavy Support
Onager Dunecrawler w/Neutron Laser
Onager Dunecrawler w/Icarus Array

House Tyrannus Lance

Knight Paladin w/Rapid Fire Battlecannon, Gatling Cannon, Icarus Autocannons (Warlord Trait Strategem: +1 Ion Shield Save)
Armiger Warglaive
Armiger Warglaive

Auxiliary
Callidus Assassin

To face these armored monstrosities, I brought these:

Handol's Brigade w/Deathwatch Auxiliary
Vostroyan Brigade

HQ
Company Commander w/Bolt Pistol (Kurov's Aquila, Warlord: Grand Strategist)
Company Commander w/Bolt Pistol
Company Commander w/Power Fist

Troops
Infantry Squad w/Grenade Launcher
Scions w/2x Plasma, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Elites
Special Weapons Squad w/ 3x Flamers
Special Weapons Squad w/ 3x Flamers
Command Squad w/ 4x Plasma Gun
Command Squad w/ 4x Plasma Gun

Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel w/Autocannon

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Punisher w/HBolter Sponsons
Leman Russ Executioner w/Plasma Cannon Sponsons
Lascannon Squad
Mortar Squad

Transport
Chimera w/Multilaser, HBolter

Flyer
Valkyrie w/Rocket Pods, Door HBolters, Multilaser

Deathwatch Patrol
HQ
Watch Captain w/Combiplasma, Xenophase Blade

Troops
6-man Kill Team Veteran Squad w/2x Thunder Hammer/Stormshield, 3x Storm Bolter/Chainsword, 1x Deathwatch Shotgun/Chainsword

Mission Terrain and Deployment
We were playing the Kill Confirmed Mission (so, Tactical Objectives + Kill Points) in a Search and Destroy deployment. Terrain was an old, bombed out suburb. The center of the board had three ruins making a triangle, with a double-tower ruin in the south, two-story one in the north, and a three-story one pointing east. The western third of the board had another ruin in the NW, a park in the center, and a rubble pile in the SW. The eastern portion of the board had a small ruin in the NE and a forest in the SE. Beyond this, there were various remnants of razorwire, the odd tree, and the occasional crater scattered around.

Objective 1 was placed in the northernmost ruin, Objective 2 in the small NE ruin, Objective 3 in the mid-east ruin, 4 in a crater at board center, 5 in the double ruin in the south, and 6 in the open right near the NW ruin.

My opponent got to pick his DZ and chose the NW quadrant. The rangers went in the ruins, the vanguard just behind the ruins. The Dunecrawlers held his southern flank, the Armigers held the eastern flank, ready to charge. The Knight Paladin and Cawl were in the back, with the Enginseer taking up the extreme rear by getting posted to the farthest northwest corner. Both the Infiltrators and the Callidus would infiltrate or...callidusate?

I did my best to draw out his placements before committing to drop anything his anti-tank rich force could blow up on turn 1. The sentinels went first, forming a rough triangle around my army to push back any infiltration attempts. The mortars went in the SE corner, the lascannons in a crater in about the center of my DZ. The Chimera (with special weapons squads aboard) got as close to board center as I could manage. The Punisher deployed behind the double-ruin for the purpose of obscuring the Executioner behind it from view. The infantry filled in most available space near the front of the zone, with a reserve squad holding the center of my zone from any shape-shifting assassins. My Warlord went about at the middle of my DZ, the other commander took the lead. The Scions would drop in from the air; both the Deathwatch units would teleport onto the board. Lastly, the Valkyrie, full of plasma-equipped command squads and the powerfist commander--dropped near the back of my DZ, waiting to see where the Armigers would decide to go.

Deployment

My crowded DZ
The Valkyrie zooms overhead
That's a lot of big robots

Turn 1
The AdMech wins first turn and I fail to seize, which is pretty much as predicted. Uncle Tungsten pulls three tactical objectives, one of which just requires him to roll for his Canticle this round--hardly a challenge. The Armigers are the only ones that move that much, sprinting along the northern board edge and taking cover behind the northern ruins. Cawl shifts a little to spread his re-roll bubble to the Dunecrawlers, and he spends a CP to give the knight access to the re-rolling ones canticle.

In shooting, the Knight shoots the battle cannon at the Valkyrie, knocking off 8 wounds--all other guns are out of range. The Icarus Array on one Dunecrawler pretty well wipes out one infantry squad and the Neutron Laser on the other knocks 6 wounds of the Chimera. A smattering of small arms firepower tickle the southern sentinel, but it only loses two wounds.

The loss of the infantry squad grants him a kill point *and* First blood. Score: 3-0, AdMech in the lead.

Top of Turn 1

The Valkyrie is caught in an airburst!

My plan as of my first turn was loosely this: press the enemy's left flank with the Valkyrie and all the plasma I had, hopefully wiping out the Armigers in one turn. Then, I'd use the Deathwatch in a (very risky) move to charge the Dunecrawlers right out of the gate. My first draw of tactical objectives had my warlord tasked with killing one of his characters in close combat (hahahahahahaha...ye ah, right), the need to defend objective 6 (tough sell), and to kill an enemy unit in close combat (or kill 3 for big points).

I drop the scions at the edge of the northern ruin so they can take aim at the Armigers. They are joined by the command squads and powerfist commander who drop in via grav chute from the damaged Valkyrie. The two command squads make relatively short work of the first Armiger, but my opponent uses Our Darkest Hour stratagem to allow him to stand up with 2 wounds left (dammit!). The Scions and Executioner along with some autocannon fire from Sentinels are enough to put the other Armiger down as well, despite it Rotating Ion Shields on me.

Elsewhere, my two forward infantry squads move into the double ruin with their officer. Their lasgun fire, along with a mortar bombardment and heavy bolter shots from various Leman Russ, the Chimera (which rattled forward), and the Valkyrie, are finally able to wipe out the forwardmost unit of rangers in the ruins (those guys can be *hard* to shift from cover!). The rearguard infantry squads circle up around the Warlord, looking out for assassins. The Lascannons take a few potshots at the Knight, since they don't have good LOS to much else, and do one measly wound thanks to that monstrosity's numerous, redundant defense systems.

Finally, the Deathwatch drop in, shoot up some rangers (kill maybe one?) and then, amazingly, both the Captain and the Kill Team make their charge against the Icarus Dunecrawler. The Captain, however, takes 2 wounds from overwatch (d'oh!) but I believe that was the better option than losing two veterans on the way in. The Dunecrawler is crushed in short order by five thunder hammer attacks and twelve marine attacks, especially bolstered by the Malleus Doctrine stratagem. In an act of cold calculation, the AdMech uses a strategem forcing the vehicle to explode, killing one veteran and stripping another wound off of the Captain. They consolidate into the Neutron Laser Dunecrawler and I call for Honor Your Brothers, letting them attack again (and discounting it by two CP thanks to my warlord!). For all that, though, all the thunder hammers whiff their attacks (YOU BUMS!) and I only do two wounds with chainswords. The Neutron Laser is locked down, though--it won't be blowing up any of my tanks today!

In the north, facing down an Armiger with *only* two wounds (and at that point thinking I still had the chance to pull off killing 3 guys in close combat), I charge both command squads and the powerfist officer at the remaining Armiger. Though bold, the plan does not work--my commander can't manage to wound the thing and one command squad gets squashed flat in combat.

Tallying my first turn, the score is now tied at 4-4, since the Techpriests picked up another one for the dead command squad.   

Bottom of Turn 1

Men vs Machine
The Armigers take heavy damage
File this under "stupid, but brave."
My men move through the building
Deathwatch appear!
It's hammer time!
Almost had it...

Turn 2
A close game thus far, and a lot of action. In the second turn, the Armiger falls back from combat with the remaining command squad and officer (and the Techpriest does his best to get close enough to heal some wounds, but doesn't make it). In the west, the Neutron Dunecrawler also falls back from the Deathwatch. The vanguard move out of their cover to claim objective 6 and blast the command squad with whatever irradiated bullets they can--they kill 3 out of 4, but the fourth one sticks around despite morale. Rangers fire on the scions, killing 3 of 5. Knight puts a wound or two on the Valkyrie, another wound on the Chimera, and then pounds the crap out of the Deathwatch Kill Team, killing everybody but Watch Sergeant Harrold and his big, mean hammer. Cawl closes with the Captain and tries to atomize him, but fails. He charges into combat, losing two wounds to overwatch, but puts and end to the captain just the same and consolidates into the Watch Sergeant.   

If my opponent fulfilled any objectives this turn, I don't know about it. The score is now 5-4, AdMech leading.

Top of Turn 2

Cawl makes the mistake of gloating over a bereaved Space Wolf

I draw two objectives of note this turn: Kingslayer (d3 VP for killing the warlord--hmmmmmm) and Hammer of the Emperor (blow an enemy unit off an objective). Both of these are very doable. My advance infantry move towards Objective 6, the officer urging them on. The Chimera, amazingly still in one piece, also moves closer, claiming the center objective. The Scions, lone command squad gunner, and the officer put an end to the Armiger, which explodes, killing a few Vanguard. The Punisher moves closer, ready to open up on the Vanguard as well, who are currently claiming objective 6. Even though my opponent had Shroudpsalm up, the mortars, Valkyrie, Punisher, and legions of lasguns wipe out the Vanguard and even have enough firepower left over to kill the remaining rangers, too. The Lascannons scooch north a bit to help the Executioner destroy the Neutron Laser Dunecrawler. Finally, in the assault phase, Watch Sergeant Harrold enacts the Decapitation Doctrine on Cawl, scoring 3 wounding, unsaved hits for a total of 9 wounds done. Cawl, durable though he is, is smashed to dust by the fury of the Deathwatch.

This was a huge turn--simple huge. I scored 5 VP on kills alone, 1 for Warlord, 1 for Hammer of the Emperor, and I rolled 3 for Kingslayer--a total of 10 VP!
Current score: 10-5, Vostroyans

Bottom of Turn 2

Starting my advance...
Harrold sets his sights on larger prey...

Turn 3
This turn, the Callidus Assassin turns up, kills a lascannon team, and then charges and kills half an infantry squad in my backfield (that's okay, though--there's still fifteen guys back there to shoot her next turn). The Knight moves east, blowing up both the Valkyrie and the Chimera (finally), which disgorges it's payload of flamers and angry guardsmen. The Infiltrators show up, too, right in front of the knight, facing off against the dregs of my Armiger-killing mission in turn one. They shoot a godawful number of bullets at the Scions, who use a Take Cover stratagem to save themselves. I lose only one guy, leaving the Tempesptor alone. Unfortunately, the Infiltrators fail their charge.

Again, I'm not sure if my opponent scored any objectives this turn, but I know he scored a few across the course of the game, so let's assume he earned a point there, too.

Current score: 10-8, Vostroyans leading

Top of Turn 3

Sneaky assassins...
...killing our dudes.
Infiltrators can't assault. Bummer.

In the bottom of 3, I draw Behind Enemy Lines and Mission Critical Objective (Objective 4), which I was *not* currently holding with the southern Sentinel (the map is wrong). I get a d3 VP for moving my Sentinel 4" to the right, basically, and another d3 for moving 3 units into my enemy's DZ which, due to the MSU nature of my force, is also child's play.

The Infiltrators are burned alive by Vostroyan flamer teams and then torn apart by a Punisher cannon--boom, gone. The infantry engaged with the Callidus falls back and she is blown apart by concentrated lasgun fire and some mortar shells. With only a techpriest and a knight on the board, I sort of assume the game is over and charge the Knight with Watch Sergeant Harrold. He is blown apart during overwatch, sadly (had I realized my opponent wasn't ready to concede, I might have had him hide in a corner for a guaranteed Linebreaker point). No matter.

I score 2 for units killed, another 2-3 for Behind Enemy Lines, another 2-3 for Mission Critical Objective. I am in possession of Objective 6 for the purposes of Defending it for two turns. My opponent gets 1 VP for Harrold.

Current score: 17-9, Vostroyans

Bottom of Turn 3
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:26:16 AM by Wyddr »

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
1750 Vostroyans Vs AdMech: Kill Confirmed PART TWO - PLEASE MERGE
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Turn 4
I sorta expected my opponent to concede, seeing how he only had two models on the board. However, he insisted that one of those models was a damned Knight Paladin, and I conceded that this was a pretty good point. The techpriest tried to kill the last plasma gunner, but missed and failed his charge. The knight, meanwhile, obliterated both special weapon squads and knocked out half an infantry squad. That about settled the turn--+2 VP for the AdMech.

Current score: 17-11, Vostroyans

Top of Turn 4

This...does not look promising.

In the bottom of turn 4, the infantry advance to re-claim Objective 6 and earn me 2 VP. Everything I have in range shoots the Knight and, thanks to rotating ion shields and 6++ FNP saves, I do only 4 freaking wounds. 3 of them were from the Punisher.

In the assault phase the Plasma Gunner and Powerfist Commander charge the Techpriest. The Techpriest kills the plasma gunner with a lucky overwatch shot (should have charged the officer first--'doh!), but the powerfist commander smashes the smug jerk flat.

Defending Objective 6 and killing the Techpriest net me 3 VP. Score is currently 21-11.

Bottom of Turn 4

Turn 5
The Knight stomps forward, killing another infantry squad and a half. Current score 21-12.

Top of Turn 5

I throw everything I have at the Knight again, doing another 4 wounds or so (again, *mostly* from the Punisher). I don't remember what it was, but I got an extra VP or two for some stupid objective (holding an objective I was already standing on or something. I wind up with about 23-24 points to his 12-13. There's just about no way he can get another 10-12 points in two turns, not at the rate he's going. The AdMech concedes and the Knight Paladin retires from the battlefield.

Bottom of Turn 5

Final Score
Vostroyans: 24
AdMech: 13

Post-Mortem
One of my constant frustrations with Tactical Objectives is that a good draw (i.e. random chance) can completely skew a game. I think that was something of the case this time around. If you shave off the 10 or so points I got more-or-less arbitrarily, this becomes a *much* closer game and, indeed, a game I probably lose, since the odds just weren't that good I could take down that Knight. In a Kill Point game, I have the substantial disadvantage. The upside, though, is any game that requires board control grants me an enormous advantage, since I have just so many guys and units that I can occupy vast areas of the board and control them with relative ease.

In terms of tactics, I think my opponent again played too cautiously with his infantry. I probably would have lined those Vanguard right up on the line (and I'd probably take more vanguard instead of Rangers) and just come at me. Those Rad Carbines are fierce and being able to advance and shoot means he could get in range fast. Would they all die? Yes. But they did that anyway--at least running straight at me, they'll take some of my guys with them.

I had expected the Armigers to head straight for me, rather than go to one side. A headlong rush would get their thermal lances in range pretty fast and they could start popping tanks. That was, honestly, one of the main reasons I deployed the Russes the way I did--to make them very hard for the Armigers to get.

I continue to be impressed by the basic guardsman. I would argue that they are, point for point, some of the best troops in the game. They scored objectives, knocked down enemy targets, and soaked firepower--their main jobs. No complaints.

The Deathwatch did well, too. I got lucky with them, honestly--getting off both charges (even though I needed to use some CP to do it) was clutch. They scored six points and only gave up two--again, no complaints. I knew it was a suicide mission anyway, and being able to flatten Cawl was hugely satisfying.

Overall, this was a great game--lots of fun, and getting to face down a knight was cool. Now the AdMech are on their heels and it is up to the Vostroyan High Command to see what is to be done about this bizarre and apparently very well supported heretic incursion. Thanks for reading, and thanks, as always, to my opponent!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:16:21 PM by Wyddr »

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: 1750 Vostroyans Vs AdMech: Kill Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:39:03 AM »
A great battle report, and I really appreciated the diagrams and photo.

I think moving those rad carbine guys would have been worth it to clear out some guardsmen, and I also think that the Knight Paladin should have been moving up from Turn 1 as well. Even though this would expose it to more firepower, it would get more chances to get into melee and use some stomps, which would increase its damage output. Even though it's the gunny knight, it's still great in melee, and being in melee doesn't stop it from walking out of melee and shooting every turn.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
Yeah, if the Knight had gotten closer and started stomping all over things, I didn't have much of a plan besides "choke it with bodies." This list of mine, while it has enjoyed great success, doesn't have enough antitank to destroy a knight easily, especially not a Tyrannus one with a 4+ Ion Shield. I mean...Jesus.

As it stands, I don't think the Knight pulled its weight. I also think Tungsten made the knight almost *too* hard to kill. I mean, why would I shoot at it if I stood almost no chance of doing much damage? A slightly less durable knight would have at least drawn more of my own firepower.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
Thanks for another very exciting and superbly presented battle report :).

I do think that the random nature of the objectives rather spoilts things.  It not only makes the battle unnecessarily unpredictable, but it also seems rather gimmicky and excessively chance-based to me.  Nevertheless, the armies were impressive, the terrain was excellent, and it was, at least to begin with, a tense and closely fought contest.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
Wow, nice report Wyddr and some great photos too.  Harold staring down the Knight was awesome.  It was also cool to see allies showing up during the battle, like the Assassin for Uncle Tungsten and the Deathwatch for the Guard.

The Orks hearing about a big, stompy thing might have to start building something bigger and stompier when Orktober comes around. ;)

Offline Uncle Tungsten

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 07:39:20 AM »
Retire, good sir? When there's a KNIGHT on the field? You invite him to besmirch the honor of his house! Then all the other knighrs would make fun of him, and he wouldn't be invited to any more of their fancy knight parties. Unthinkable.

In all seriousness, hope that didn't come across as intransigence or anything. I was hoping to clean up enough of those broken squads to close the point gap, but totally agree that it was too wide. I like to imagine that Sir (Insert Name Here) is still fighting the good fight on the ground, somewhere, while the tech priests lick their wounds far out in orbit.

Random objective draws can turn a game, yes, but a player also has to take risks to achieve those objectives; that was a gutsy assault with the Deathwatch. Not just a ton of VP, but knocked out both tanks and Cawl, breaking the back of my army. I think the term is 'masterstroke'.

Totaly agree about people's point on the knight needing to be more forward. I'll probably run a warden next game: seems like a good all-rounder. The armigers will see play again, as will the Callidus. Just need to get better at using them, respectively.

Thanks for the game, Wyddr! So is it planetstrike next?

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »
Dude, don't take a Callidus. They're awful.

As for the Deathwatch attack, it was a calculated risk. I stood very good odds of not making either of those charges, but in failing them I hoped maybe I could survive long enough to get the thunderhammers in alive, at any rate.

Overall, I really don't like the Teleportarium (or any "sudden appearance" tactic) for delivering assault units. 9" is hard to make.

Well, unless you're Roboknee77 and completely unable to roll anything lower than a 4 on any given die.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:56:05 AM by Wyddr »

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 10:34:19 AM »
Well, unless you're Roboknee77 and completely unable to roll anything lower than a 4 on any given die.

What can I say, my dice are mostly blessed by Gork (or possibly Mork.)   ;)

Offline Uncle Tungsten

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
Dude, don't take a Callidus. They're awful.

I'm willing to give her a few more tries. She seemed the most appropriate, given the streaks of "bad luck" the Vostroyans seemed to be suffering. Although Reign of Confusion didn't have an impact in this game, I could see it possibly causing some headaches during an active first turn.  She doesn't have the killiness of an Eversor or the durability of a Culexus, but she's enough to pick off or tie up IG characters and squads. That back field was still really packed; cleared out more, her run might have been a little better.

We'll see. I seem to remember your opinion on those scout sentinels changing. 😁

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 11:48:28 AM »
There is almost no scenario in which you will be able to clear out enough infantry to allow you to get at my Warlord without also doing so much damage to my army that you could just shoot or charge my warlord with conventional forces.

Conversely, if I have abandoned my warlord in the backfield with all my infantry, that means I'm winning the game to the point where I no longer feel I need him.

Want to kill characters? Take a Vindicare.