News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "the Horus Heresy" - timeline??  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Marlec

• "The Post Reader"
"the Horus Heresy" - timeline??
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
Well, this is anything 40k related, hope it's posted in the right forum...

Does anybody know if there's a timeline made for all the 40k novels ? Like for StarWars novels?

So for I've read
  • Horus Rising
  • False gods
  • Galaxy in flames
  • Flight of the Eisenstein
  • Fulgrim
I know the first 4 are the first of the series, but what about all the others? the info isn't on GW's website...

thanks ins advance gang!

Marlec

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
Re: "the Horus Heresy" - timeline??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
The publishing timeline is as much of a timeline as there is I'm afraid. The correct publication list can be found here. (scroll down)

In general I would say you can jump between books with only a few belonging together and require a certain chronological order. Descent of Angels should be read before Fallen Angels, A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns can be read in either order in my opinion, Legion and Raven's Flight should be listened to before reading Deliverance Lost and First Heretic is probably good to read before Know No Fear and Fear to Tread but the rest can easily be read as stand alone books if any specific ones tickle your fancy first.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:09:41 PM by Benis »

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:24 PM »
The first four of those you've read are probably the main ones to read in order. And now that you've read them, you're fairly free to read stuff like Oaths of the Moment and Legion of One, iirc - although I haven't read them myself, just looked at the plot outline.

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:00:26 PM »
Yeah, the Garro cd's should be listened to in order as well (Oaths of Moment, Legion of One, Sword of Truth, Grey Angel, Burden of Duty) though they are mostly the same and not overly interesting if you ask me, Grey Angel is probably the only one with a bit of interesting background of them all beyond the initial premiss of Garro as a Knight Errant of the Sigillite.