News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1k High Elves: Getting some Loving and Paint  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Aislinn

• "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
1k High Elves: Getting some Loving and Paint
« on: July 1, 2011, 02:08:33 AM »
Hey all!  It has taken me a while to get back into the painting groove.  But alas, i have recovered it!!  and I have started the epic journey of painting my 3k points of High Elves... However, i have decided to break it down into chunks.  cause 3k is a bit scary.  that and I finally got a boss camera, but it needs a new flash, so pics will be taken outside til I can get a decent flash.
  the First models that i will have up are of some of the archers I am painting.  I am doing a really cool and basic paint scheme for them.  and around the same time those are getting done I should be almost done with my noble.  so those pics will be up soon i hope :) 
  I will put basic colours up that I used for the models, but any further inquiry about techniques and highlights just send me a PM and i can give that to you.

So here is the outlook of stuff to up, I hope, by next weekend: 

*Noble with shield, Longbow, two hand weapons, and heavy armour.

*15 archers with Hawkeye and musician.  (this number may be more or less depending on how many i get completely done)

If all goes well I may also have about three or four Shadow Warriors done too!  but I don't want to get too optimistic. 
  "Their song shall die first!"

Offline Aislinn

Re: 1k High Elves: Getting some Loving and Paint
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »
Finally got some almost done and I got some that are on their way to being done now.  I know it took me forever... but I had to move right after I started this so I have been busy.   
  So, Thus far I have shadow warriors and Archers pics (don't have a decent camera but oh well).  I am working on some dragon princes and White Lions when these are all finished.

Here's the pics:
  These are the finished shadow warriors.
  These are the Shadow warriors that are very close to being done.
  These are the archers that are done.
  These are the archers that are super close to being done.
  These are the archers that have the basic colours on them, but not any details.

If you want to know the colours for any of these please ask.  I know the photo quality isn't great.  and if you want a step-by-step guide I can post a separate link in the painting forum and walk you through how to paint them like I did.
  I hope you enjoy/comment on models thus far.  more are soon to come.

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
Your photos are a little fuzzy. Try using the micro setting on your camera for a crisper shot. From what I can see, the highlights on the archers look pretty nice.

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:32:40 AM »
Btw I forgot to mention... I have no camera at the moment, just my poopy phone camera.  so the photos I will take are the best I can give.  I will try to get better lighting next time though, or maybe take them outside.