News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 348400 times)

Offline greenmtvince

• I build rendundancy into lists with redundancy
    • Void Dreaming - 40K in Space
  • Armies: Sky Raiders Corsairs
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #80 on: February 9, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »
The colors are really great and the conversions nicely executed.  I'd love to play against this on the tabletop.

Are you sticking with the craftworld list, or are you going to stray from the path and use a corsairs list? 

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #81 on: February 9, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
Thanks a lot. About using the Corsair rules I'm really not sure. There are a lot of things I like about the rules, but I'm kind of underwhelmed on the whole. And without the ability to use my wave serpents I'd have to buy venoms and falcons (falcon turrets at the very least) and thats not happening anytime soon.

And since the Corsair rules came out I've been thinking about changing the fluff on my army. I'm sort of imagining my army as ancient craftworld from beyond the edge of the galaxy. With my Autarch believing that he is the last Phoenix King, with his goal being to unify the Eldar race and close the Eye of Terror.
Not sure though. I might flip-flop back to my corsair idea, but as of right now I think I'm sort of leaning towards the ancient unknown craftworld idea.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:04:08 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #82 on: February 9, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
Hey guys still a WIP but here ya go.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »
Bloody badass is what that is.  I'd love to have a squad of that, if that was a whole new army I'd be starting it.

Can we get a group picture of all your corsairs?
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »
Thanks a lot Algavinn. I'll be sure to post a big army pic for you this weekend. But FIRST here is my latest project. And BTW I'm definitley sticking with my Corsair fluff.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
Reaver Jetbikes with Guardian pilots. Thats an awesoe idea!
Im going to build more Corsair Jetbikes like that!

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline darthplagis

• Time to crack out the bongos.
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »

@darthplagis- Yes Rodimus will light our darkest hour. And just a warning about making these models. Its really expensive. I probably spent about 100+ bucks on this unit. They look great but they are expensive and its hard to find the bits.

hehe i have the wyches and the dire avengers, just need a pack of scourges and helions :) but puppetswar has some scourge style helms coming (on the face book as 3d prints last week), that may make it a little cheaper.

loving the new guy and jet bikes, but damn blood angels and a painting comp at my local GW is getting me at the mo  :D

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 05:16:03 AM »
Cavalier, I am going to shamelessly steal all your good ideas.

Please now convert a Vyper into a Hornet so you can show me a cool funky way to do it.

I Thank you 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
@ Khorne25- Thanks for the kind words as always.

@ darthplagis- Cool. let me know if you need any advice with the conversions.

@ Arquarian- Steal away. As for the Hornet conversion Ask and you may receive at a later date but I have something else in the pipe right now....

Here's the big news. I'm going Dark Eldar. I'm still sticking with my Corsair army, but I'm just so sick of fighting against the Craftworld Codex that I just need to try something different. I want to play something fast, fun and aggressive where I can be CC heavy with a little shooty to balance it out and this codex lets me do that. I'll never give up on my Craftworld Corsairs, but until the new book comes out I'm gonna be working with the DE book for my army.

But fear not fellow Corsairs! For this will surely be a good guy leaning Corsair army. I'll be painting and converting my army to fit as seamlessly as possible with my craftworld corsairs (The only difference will be the Dark Eldar weaponry.) as I intend on combining both forces for a massive apocalypse sized army.  So stay tuned because the conversions will continue to roll.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 01:27:49 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
Erm, silly question Cav but you are using the corsair list from IA11 aren't you?

or are you making a Corsair army out of the CWE list??

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »
I've used the Craftworld Codex. Been using it for my Corsairs for about 3 years.

IA11 was great, but the lack of 10 man transports kills me.

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
Ah, you beat me to the reaver conversions!  That's one of my projects for this weekend.  I'm going to try and do a more traditional looking nose to make them more like the Jes Goodwin prototypes that became the reaver. 

And funny enough, I just picked up my Raider yesterday.

I still think you should use the IA11 list!  ;)   10 man squads don't need transports when they've got their own jetpacks!

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
Vyper Gunboats, jetpacking relentless heavy weapon wielding troops, Corsair Prince, Bladesworn (hey, I like them) Void Dreamer! what's not to like!

and you can still take one choice from the CWE list there one 10 man unit with dedicated transport.

and a Kabilite raider, there's another 120 man transport!!

(we can still take a raider squad and a CWE entry, am I right?)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong, I think IA11 Corsair rules are great, they are just not what I'm looking for. I really want to run an elite really close-combat army thats aggressive and lightning fast.

My main reasons for going with a Dark Eldar army to represent my corsairs have to do with  the slow, somewhat precarious disembarkation rules involved in deploying from Wave Serpents (if I was going to continue on with CWE). And if I went with IA11 rules having to buy and convert Venoms, buying Falcons, and buying all new Corsair troops (i've already converted over 30 Dire Avengers, over 20 Storm and Defender Guardians to look like Corsairs) it'd be basically like starting over again.

I'd rather just wait for the new craftworld book, continue to tinker away on them as time goes on and have fun building a new fully fleshed out army that provides me the elite close-combat abilities I'm looking for.

Don't worry though guys. I'm not against the Corsair rules or anything like that and its not like I'm abandoning my Corsairs! I'm just incorporating the more piratical element into my warhost.  ;)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
Hey, whatever works best for you!

I've been drooling over the Dark Eldar models since they came out. I thought about starting a small 1000 point DE army to fight along side my Iyanden in larger games but now that the corsair list is here I have the best of both worlds! I figure I can proxy the army either way, Corsair or DE as I please  ;D 

I get you about the fast punchy CC army. I went one better. 2 Land raiders 20 beserkers and Kharn  ::)

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »
Hey, whatever works best for you!

I've been drooling over the Dark Eldar models since they came out. I thought about starting a small 1000 point DE army to fight along side my Iyanden in larger games but now that the corsair list is here I have the best of both worlds! I figure I can proxy the army either way, Corsair or DE as I please  ;D 

This is exactly what Im going to do. One army, three army lists (sort of).

Cav, how would consider to merge eldar and dark eldar bits? I was considering Kabalite Warriors as such: Dire Avenger catapults and arms, Kabalite bodies/legs/helmets. Do you think the musculed eldar arms would work with the armour plates of the kabalites?

Love your stuff.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
I get you about the fast punchy CC army. I went one better. 2 Land raiders 20 beserkers and Kharn  (Image removed from quote.)

Lol. Thats what I'm talking about. If only that land raider could fly and they berserkers looked like Space Elves I'd be right there with you.  :P

@ Khorne25- You know I'm really not sure how I'm going to merge the bits. I may leave well enough alone in regards to the Splinter rifles and what have you. The fluff for my army surrounds an Autarch and his warhost going corsair, and after many many years he sort of accrues this pirate host and converts them to a more noble (if still capricious and rougish) way of life, so I was thinking the splinter rifles may stay.

I think my paint red and gold scheme will take me far in representing them as Corsairs as opposed to straight up Dark Eldar. However I'm going to buy more Dark Elf Corsairs, definitley a lot of High Elf models (which I have a decent collection) and use all the choice armor, heads and helmets what have you, and axe-off a lot of the horns, and spikey bits etc.

It'll definitley be interesting because it was easy to "Corsair-ify" the Craftworld Eldar, and it'll remain to be seen if I can sort of "good-guy-ify" the Dark Eldar, but I'm sure I can do it with a few choice bits.

Anyway stay tuned I'll have some sample models soon...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:13:06 PM by Cavalier »

Offline greenmtvince

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
You keep converting and painting models like that, you can use codex tyranids to represent corsairs for all I care.   ;D 

Looking forward to seeing the results of your good-ifying the Dark Eldar.  ^_^

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

The Raider is still very much a WIP but I'm liking it so far.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »
It's good, It's really good.

I don't think you have to do much to the DE Raider to make it Corsair like to be honest. Without all the chains, spikes and the like its quite a sleek looking model anyway...

I'm int he middle of trying to convert a War Walker and a Vyper cowling into a Wasp. It looked so cool in my head....  :-\