News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Adepta Sororitas Stormlord: w/ pics of exorcist launcher in progress  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Quasarcq

• Ork Boy
  • Lord Nautilus, Master of the Sea Stallions
I am starting the project of building my stormlord for my sisters of battle. I don't plan on too many mods to the standard design. The main difference will be swapping the lascannons for Multi-meltas on the sponsons (to keep with the holy trinity of armaments) and building the exorcist missile launcher that will fit on the top of hull. I also have plenty of immolator bits to embellish the stormlord to give it a more sisters feel.

So far I have started with the most ambitious part of the project: building the exorcist missile launcher from plasticard and tubing. So far so good. I have a snug fit with the basic mount and have built the first row of missile tubes. I went with the gawdy organ style missiles for weapons mount. I have shortened the tubes from the original exorcist (the first center back one is only 4cm and gets smaller in .5cm increments).

I used the large blast template to get the arch for the missile curve. I'm happy with it. I dread making the next row. The back row was a lot of work to get the heights and angles on the tips of the launchers (measured .75cm to get a consistent angle for the tubes).

I will probably leave the mount unglued as the data sheet will make the exorcist launcher optional. Part of the data sheet will state that the adepta sororitas stormlord's "all power to weapons" rule may also apply to the exorcist launcher. Now that would be fun!

I had to know this part of the project would work before I would continue. Once the launchers are fixed I will add plating and rivets to make it appear more natural to the rest of the structure.

I will also need to figure out what multi-melta bits will work best and figure out the best way to mount them on the top sponsons.

I will try to keep this post updated a few times a week.

Offline Interrogator_Chaplain

• Just say you won't repent, I dare you.
Re: Adepta Sororitas Stormlord: w/ pics of exorcist launcher in progress
« Reply #1 on: October 5, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
Moar pics! This is a seriously cool project!

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
That's a very cool idea. I like it.

But, ... you know, ... there must be at least a second row of those pipes. ;D
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Quasarcq

• Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »
I promised some updates....

I haven't got too much further, but I'll show what I got.

I have made the second row of pipes and put a few extra goodies from the immolator sprue on the mount. I should glue the top soon, but this way its still easy to work with. Most of the hang up is really trying to figure out how best to decorate the mostly bare missile mount.

the panels are not very easy to get perfectly straight with the tools I have, but it's good enough for what I want.

From the back you can see minor details like where I had to file the base of the mount so it would sit on the hinges on original top.

Once I get all the paneling I want around the mount I will do some rivets.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
Really unique project.  It's looking good so far. 

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline Quasarcq

• Ork Boy
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:57:55 AM »
No new pictures yet. I still need to get a really small hole punch to make the rivets I want. I may start on the multi-melta conversion this week and get the tank body started as well. Unfortunately this project is competing with me building my skaven army (I was able to paint 40 rat slaves in two days!), but I will see what time I can allot to it. This tank is slotted to be in a conversion contest at the end of the month... hope I can meet the deadline!

Offline glock_22

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:16:08 AM »
Very cool project, glad I stumbled onto it.  Looking forward to following your progress.

Offline The Voivod

• Masamune Shirork
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 03:59:45 AM »
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well.
Cool Idea and wonderfully performed
Torture first, then you talk. It's better that way.