News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrontyr don't add up  (Read 4421 times)

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
Re: Necrontyr don't add up
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
Disinformation, or not telling everyone everything going on, is another aspect that made Germany into what it was; many of the civilians didn't know, and by the time it was obvious, they didn't want to know.

I stand by my previous statement as to why the Necrontyre hated the old ones so much
You fail to invite a couple of ugly kids to one party...
The old ones probably had the means to give them a cure, but didn't. Maybe the Necrontyre were expansionists, imperialists (or whatever); they wanted the galaxy and did not use the "greater good" as an excuse to take it.

With a new codex on the relatively close horizon, maybe the fluff in it will explain things better.
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 12:24:18 AM »
@ myles: Yes. 30's Germany is the BIGGEST reason for being swayed. No dought about it. For the necrons there "dirty 30's" was the fact the suffered short life spans.

Yes the tec was there, but even if they shielded them selfs from the ration the effects and damage would still be there on a genetic level.

Cancers and tumors being the 1st things to come to mind, and becoming common genetic defects that are passed on down.

Also if looking at tomb king fluff and the necrons relation. I would also Imagen some how they became a very "death" fearing race. They probably suffered from sicknesses of all kinds. Well again you see the Old Ones who lived long and healthy lives.

I see it as the C'Tan the the Necrontyr in the loop swaying the Necrontyr race off there feet. With promises of something better then long health lives, immortality! If they fellowed the C'tan and the lords.

The C'Tan also feared the old ones psychic abilities. So could be a reason for why they would promote and lead the Necrontyr into there hate towards the old ones.

I know in the end it's just my interpretation, and it's probly has some holes in it. But it's the best thing I can think of, and makes the most sense to me.

Realy the Necrontyr story is more like a warning tail then anything eals. About how Greed/Envy/Hate are bad and ect and so forth, then any real back ground. Witch I think is the idea since the necrons are so old there discriped as being only scary tails the older races tell to there children.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:28:18 AM by Lucky_Jackal »

Offline WarpSpider

• Yes, we're cheesey - we live in KRAFTworlds!
« Reply #42 on: September 8, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »
They might have noticed that members of their race who lived in caves, lived longer. Hence gaining an understanding that they were capable of living longer than they actually do most of the time.

Why then, they didn't move their civilization underground, or stay indoor all the time....is a mystery. But then, so was sunblock.

Hmmm, invent SPF 10,000, or sell our souls to evil godlings and become mindless robotic slaves....let's think about that....  ::)

Grenade sword! It could only be more cool if it had tits and was on fire. - Hymirl

Offline Arin

• Yes, he has a hat.
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »
All they were told was the immortality bit, and they kinda didn't have a choice, seeing as the C'Tan were killing off thousands of their race to sate their hunger. And as already pointed out by others, some of their problems were based on a genetic level, which isn't helped by sunblock.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light." - Dylan Thomas