News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 103602 times)

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »
I dont belive *pattoned* is a word, do you mean patented? or copyright?

Offline The Sleeper

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 06:44:49 PM »
Chapter Name: Grave Diggers
Chapter Symbol: Skull with a shovel hand like thing coming out of top of skull.
Chapter Founding: UltraMarines
Colors: Catachan green with Chaos black right knee pad and some trimmings, and blood red eyes.
Homeworld:Galeus
++++++
Fluff: So far none, except their belief which is a loyal follower of the Imperiuem and Emperor when buried in the ground will receive happiness and glory in the Emperors presence and hall (heaven), but a enemy who is buried will receave utter damnation and torture, but if a follower of the Emperor or his enemy is not buried then they will receave a purgatory for eternity, or worse....oblivion
*pattoned*
isn't the grave diggers the name of a catachan company or some thing

I don't believe *pattoned* is a word, do you mean patented? or copyright?
I think he meant pantent or some thing like that

Offline Mon'Tau

• Corporal Max McPherson - dual shotguns and glory | Meat Hater Magnet
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hello Ground. Will you be my friend?
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 07:07:11 AM »
Chapter: Holy Crusaders

Symbol: Red Crusaders Cross

Chapter Founding: Dark Angels

Colours: Chaos Black armour, Scab red symbol, eyes, chest design, pack trimming, and shoulderpad rims.

Homeworld: None. Erris II Destroyed within weeks of colonisation by Crusaders by the Biel-Tan Swordwind.

Fluff: Check post in Adeptus Astartes- Order of Battle

« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 06:52:21 AM by Mon'Tau »
The Diplomacy League - give it a look.

Well played. Drybrushing is the future *twitch*
beslubber you sheepz!  :P

You know you play too much Diplomacy when you have more PM's than forum posts.

Offline Claw

• Just Call Me Claw!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 03:41:03 PM »
Chapter Name: Grave Diggers
Chapter Symbol: Skull with a shovel hand like thing coming out of top of skull.
Chapter Founding: UltraMarines
Colors: Catachan green with Chaos black right knee pad and some trimmings, and blood red eyes.
Homeworld:Galeus
++++++
Fluff: So far none, except their belief which is a loyal follower of the Imperiuem and Emperor when buried in the ground will receive happiness and glory in the Emperors presence and hall (heaven), but a enemy who is buried will receave utter damnation and torture, but if a follower of the Emperor or his enemy is not buried then they will receave a purgatory for eternity, or worse....oblivion
*pattoned*
isn't the grave diggers the name of a catachan company or some thing

I don't believe *pattoned* is a word, do you mean patented? or copyright?
I think he meant pantent or some thing like that

Not that I know of?

At first I did nor think it was right but I ran it through the spell check and it said it was a word?

Offline marneus calgar 132

• i like ultramarines
    • my awesome website
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 01:16:02 AM »
just because the spell check says it is right does not mean it means what u are thinking of

check the dictionary
we are but tiny specks of dust in a never ending world
we all have our moment in life
where we shine so bright it can be seen across several galaxies
but then we go out
our light diminished
at that moment we all know what it is truly like to be lost for eternity

Offline MarineForce1

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 12:06:14 AM »
Name: Emperor's Light
Emblem:A silver disk with rays comming from it(Gold for elites and HQ)
Parent chapter: Word Bearers
Colors:Primary: Metalic Pure Gold(Wal-mart special). Secondary HQ/Elites:Metalic Saphire(Wal-Mart). Secondary Rest of Army: Cobalt Blue(sensing a pattern yet?). Aquiala:Mithril Silver. Skulls:Saphire/Cobalt blue
Home World: Pastil IV, an Inquisitional Base of Operations near the Squat Homeworlds.
Commander:Chapter Master Sagat Versailles
Traits:Cleanse and Purify and Trust your Battle Brothers
Drawbacks:Aspire to Glory and Faithful Unto Death

Breif History:During the Horus Heresy the Emperor's Light Chapter along, with a contigent of Word Bearers. En route the Word Bearer's and 'Tainted Ones'(Traitor Emperor's Light), fired on loyalists' and Imperial Navy vessels. During the conflict the Imperial Navy ships limped off to a nearby world, telling loyalist forces sketchy reports of both chapter's treachery. Soon the Imperial Navy, afraid of opening a new front in the war sent all available ships to destroy both chapters. The traitors' and loyalsts' ships were weak, due to the prolonged fighting they had been engaged in, retreated into the Maelstrom. They forged an uneasy alliance, since the loyalist leader was killed durning the fighting when his battle barge was destroyed. First the Chief Librarian took over for the loyalists and the traitor's had the Master of Sanctity. The Librarian so devote to his soldiers killed himself once he felt the touch of the warp on him, knowing the risks of any psyker, he killed himself so to not taint his followers. The next leader came from Assault Squad Gama, Veteran Sgt. Sagat Versailles.
10,000 years later, during the 13th Black Crusade an Imperial Shrine world had sent all of it's inquisitional forces to deal with the Arch Enemy, save for an Order of Sister of battle, and PDF troops. The traitors falling to the embrace of Slaanesh, they felt the Sisters would prove amusing playthings. The chaplain asked Sagat if he'd like to choin his band, he reluctantly agreed, but needed time to gather his troops. Without Sagat's imediat help he launched a full scale invasion of Pastil IV were there was a protracted land war that lasted for three weeks. During the battle Canoness Carrera Esceriot fought the Master of Sanctity in singles combat, but during the fight Carrera's pride had gotten the best of her and Slaanesh found a new champion for his/her armies. Soon after that encounter when things seemed darked for Pastil IV the loyalist Marines attempted a daring orbital assault, cutting the head from the beast, making the traitors flee back to the Maelstrom. Due to their valor and zeal the Emperor's Light were re-instated as apart of the Adeptus Astartes, by the Inquistitor General.(Theres more to the story, but then it wouldn't be brief now would it?)
[For any elaborations E-mail me at: syvernthewyvern@hotmail.com]
"I have a plan so secret, not even I know whatr it is"-Lord militant Thomas Moore adressing one of his aides during one of his many defeats-

"Why did the big black thing just pop up into my deployment line? And why the hell are necrons comming out of it!?"-Lord Militant Thomas Moore after fighting Necrons for the first time-

"Tau are weak and easy to defeat!" -Lord Militant Thomas Moore at a peace confrence with a tau ethreal standing six feet behind him-

Offline Henimann

• General
  • "Nothing in front but the enemy" - 57th Solean
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 09:01:40 PM »
Hey everyone, heres the fluff for my DIY chapter, the Iron Tempests

Please feel free to tear this thing apart!

+++Searching Imperial Data Files+++

+++Uploading Link…+++

+++Chapter Number 478, Adeptus Astartes Obscurus+++

+++Datafile 14798, Chapter History+++

+++Iron Tempests, “Smite with Lightning!”+++

ORIGINS

Founded during the 22nd founding in M38 from Imperial Fists geneseed, the Iron Tempests were a new chapter. numbering only 570 men, when it recieved a distress call while in transit to a distant battle. Dropping out of the warp to answer the call, they discovered an uncharted planet, seemingly without any form of attack or revolt occuring. The Tempests attempted to hail the planetary authorities, but the only thing they received was static. Suddenly, a Chaos raiding fleet descended from the warp, and the two fleets engaged in battle. The fleets battered at each other for hours, only ending when the last chaos ship was destroyed. But of the Tempests, only a Battle Barge, the Imperius Maximus, remained. Crippled by a broadside salvo from a Chaos cruiser, the Maximus was slowly descending into the planetary atmosphere. Reiksmarshal Daros, commander of the Maximus as well as Chapter Master, ordered all able men to the escape pods. The Tempests rocketed to the surface, landing just in time to see what was left of the Maximus crash just a dozen miles from their landing site.

Of the 570 marines in the task force, only 270 remained. Daros realized their predicament and ordered the marines to the wreck of the Maximus, hoping to salvage something that would allow them to contact a possible rescuer. Sadly, nothing remained in the way of communications equipment, and the electrical storms in the atmosphere blocked the Librarian's ability to transmit messages through the Astronomican.  The techmarines accompanying the survivors were able to convert the Maximus' wreck into a temporary fortress. This was to be the survivors’ home for the next century and it was from the fortress, dubbed The Procello, that the chapter explored the planet.

During that time, the survivors were able to explore their home. They christened the planet Procella after the many lightning storms that scoured its surface. No humans were to be found, but the ruins of some long dead civilization were found all over the surface. These were investigated, but nothing of value was found.  The only thing of interest were the great mineral deposits found under the planets surfaces.  The marines set to mining the ores, and using them to create a small forge, from which the Techmarines were able to make a few armored vehicles, as well as modify the ones that survived the battle and crash.  The chapters three dreadnought hulls, as well as its twenty terminator suits, were found intact and operational in the Maximus' armoury. 

The Iron Tempests remained on Procella for 105 years, until a small fleet under Rogue Trader Jado Parak came upon the planet during their explorations. The survivors were found, and the Imperium was immediately contacted.  The Chapter was given the rights of conquest for the system, as well as dominion over it.  Procella was made their homeworld, with the chapter establishing two bases - The Procello was incorporated into a new Chapter Fortress-Monastery of the same name, with the hulk of the Maximus becoming a gargantuan chapel to the Emperor and the chapter's primarch Rogal Dorn.  Reiksmarshal Daros was christened Lord Levitas of Procello, with each Chapter Master following him taking on the same name.

THE IRON TEMPESTS TODAY

Following their rediscovery, the Steel Tempests reorganized themselves according to the Codex Astartes.  Now numbering 983 men, the chapter is basically at full strength.  The first comapny consists of the chapter's twenty Terminators, as well as a large veteran corps consisting of those who fought with honor and courage in battle.  The second through fifth companies are battle companies, and the sixth through ninth are reserve companies.  The tenth company is unique in that it includes all the chapter's land speeders and bikes, as well as its scouts.  Because of their isolation from the rest of the Imperium so long ago, the Tempests' assault squads learned to battle without the use of their jump packs, but those are avaiable for use whenever they are required, such as during sieges and city battles.  The chapter also has a strangely large amount of Librarians (at last count, the Librarius had 35 members with the rank of codicier or higher), but because of their unique planetary environment, the Librarians have become adept at the use of lightning attacks, being able to summon raw electrical force using nothing but their psychic talents.  This makes them a fearsome opponent on the battlefield, as well as a  concern for some members of the Inquisition.  Despite this concern, the chapter has had very few occurences of demonic possesion, and this has only occured in recruits to the Librarium.  Despite its large numbers, the members of the chapter's Librarium are very strict on their containment policies, and any signs of contamination are remedied by extermination.

Since the chapter is located in the Segmentum Tempestus, the chapter has had much experience fighting xenos of many kinds, ranging from the predatory orks to the sadistic Eldar Corsairs, better known as Dark Eldar.  Because of this, the chapter has very strong ties with the Ordo Xenos, and many of its veterans and commanders have been at some time in their duties members of the rightly feared Deathwatch.  The chapter has very few bikes and speeders, mainly becasue these were the main items lost during the isolation, but to make up for this, the chapter has trained its squads in infiltration tactics, allowing its tactical squads to scout out the battlefield while still being an important factor in battle.  This is the chapter's largest deviation from the Codex Astartes - its prefers to fight in heavy skirmishing lines rather than in orderly formations.  These tactics have been used by other chapters, but none are able to carry it out as well as the Tempests. 

HOMEWORLD - PROCELLA PRIME, AND THE PROCELLA SYSTEM

The Procella system is located in the Segementum Tempestus, near the borders fo Tau space. Procella is a bleak and barren place, consisting of barren mountain ranges and valleys. The planet’s atmosphere is full of electrical storms, which scour the surface with powerful bolts of electricity. The ruins that dot the landscape were obviously of human origins, but of what happened to their inhabitants, no one knows. The planet has one continent, surrounded by a small ocean. Very few plants thrive on the surface, but those that do, such as the foragma tree, usually cover the valley floors. The local fauna, including the thunder phoenix, either live in the valley forest or in caves in the mountain sides. Proscella is a basically nothing more than a barren wasteland, making it ideal to locate a fortress monastery.   

Following the rediscovery of the Procella system, many Imperial subjects migrated there, either to mine on Procella, or to raise crops on the agri-worlds of Monuu and Dahgobah.  These subjects were placed under the protection and lordship of the Iron Tempests, and when these worlds were first required to raise regiemnts for the Imperial Guard, the regiments were equipped and trained by the chapter. 

Offline Chaplian chris

• Chrage do not fall back!!
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2005, 08:05:38 PM »
my chapter im curently working on is not finished but this is one i quickly worked up AND IS VERY SIMILER TO MINE.

NAME- FIRE LORDS
TRAITS- TRUST YOUR BATTLE BROTHERS, BE SWIFT AS THE WIND/ DRAWBACK- FLESH OVER STEEL
SYMBOL- RISING FLAMES
HOMEWORLD- ASH WORLD FORIUS II (CONSTANTLY BARRAGED BY METIORS)
COLOUR- DARK RED, HINGHLIGHTED BLOOD RED, SEARGENTS HELMETS BLACK AND BOLTER CASINGS BLACK.

BACKGROUND- THE FIRE LORDS GENESEED COMES FROM EITHER THE BLOOD ANGELS, THE SALAMANDERS OR THE ULTRAMARINES. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A CLOSE AFINITY WITH FIRE AND HEAT WEAPONS BUT THE SALAMANDERS HAVE NO RECORDED SUCSESOR CHAPTERS, THAT TAKES US TO THE BLODD ANGELS. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A PACT WITH THE BLOOD ANGELS BUT APEAR TO HAVE NO RAGE OR NEED TO GET IN TO CLOSE COMBAT. AND FINNALY THE ULTRAMARINES. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A BURNING HATRED FOR THE TYRANIDS AND OFFTEN LAUNCH CAMPAIGNS AGAINST THEM BEFORE REACHING ULTRIMAR.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 08:08:24 PM by Chaplian chris »
"And where do you keep the gene-seed before it is implanted?" he asked, turning to face Malus.

Offline Fuhrmann

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #28 on: June 7, 2005, 07:16:15 AM »
Name: Sons of Midas
Symbol: Golden Fist
Chapter Traits: No Mercy, No Respite and Scion of Mars | Aspire to Glory and Faithful unto Death
Homeworld: Kronos
Background: Name Comes from a Salamanders Captain named Midas, who bore a Golden Power Fist. The people of Kronos revered him as the Chosen of the Emperor, and the new chapter used this beleif to gain thier Acceptance. Recently Suffered heavy damage in the Ghoul Star's Campaigns

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #29 on: June 7, 2005, 07:48:08 AM »
my chapter im curently working on is not finished but this is one i quickly worked up AND IS VERY SIMILER TO MINE.

NAME- FIRE LORDS
TRAITS- TRUST YOUR BATTLE BROTHERS, BE SWIFT AS THE WIND/ DRAWBACK- FLESH OVER STEEL
SYMBOL- RISING FLAMES
HOMEWORLD- ASH WORLD FORIUS II (CONSTANTLY BARRAGED BY METIORS)
COLOUR- DARK RED, HINGHLIGHTED BLOOD RED, SEARGENTS HELMETS BLACK AND BOLTER CASINGS BLACK.

BACKGROUND- THE FIRE LORDS GENESEED COMES FROM EITHER THE BLOOD ANGELS, THE SALAMANDERS OR THE ULTRAMARINES. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A CLOSE AFINITY WITH FIRE AND HEAT WEAPONS BUT THE SALAMANDERS HAVE NO RECORDED SUCSESOR CHAPTERS, THAT TAKES US TO THE BLODD ANGELS. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A PACT WITH THE BLOOD ANGELS BUT APEAR TO HAVE NO RAGE OR NEED TO GET IN TO CLOSE COMBAT. AND FINNALY THE ULTRAMARINES. THE FIRE LORDS HAVE A BURNING HATRED FOR THE TYRANIDS AND OFFTEN LAUNCH CAMPAIGNS AGAINST THEM BEFORE REACHING ULTRIMAR.

Just so you know, typing in all caps is the net equivelant of shouting and wont win you any friends, quite the opposite in fact.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline gaurdsmen hellard

• gaurdsmen hellard ready for duty
« Reply #30 on: June 7, 2005, 07:00:27 PM »
here's mine

chapter name:flaming dragons
symbol:dragon head thats on fire
colour:pitch black and red
background:classified
homeworld:the desert planet of bakeon
gean seed:the grey knight
« Last Edit: June 7, 2005, 07:13:40 PM by jedi master boymot »
certo cito

Offline Void

• BLAST OFF! IT'S PARTY TIME!
« Reply #31 on: June 7, 2005, 07:30:06 PM »
Don't laugh t this ;D  It is just a "what hapened to this guy?" thing.

Chapter Name:Angels of Anguish
Symbol:Think Ravenwing symbol but with a Scythe instead of Sword.
Color:Black and Red with Bronze(pft, yeah right, more like bloody gold) bitz.
Geneseed:This is the part you arent suppose to laugh at ;)  Death Guard Geneseed.
History.  Remeber that guy Captain Garro?  Well, In my personal 40k continutiy(plot-hole free since 2003) the Emperor promised Garro and his fellow Marines amnesty and the chance to rebuild their legions if they fought alongside him against their Former Legion and Primarchs.  Garro and 4 other Death Guard were the only survivors of the 50 Marines(10 had died on Istvaan already right?  Saul Tarvitz and the Emperor's Children am I correct?)  But, with the Emperor entombed in the Golden Throne, no onw was willing to not follow his orders.  The Death Guard were allowed to rebuild in secrcy by the new Imperial Government.  It took so long though, they were a Third Founding Chapter.  They were recorded as Ultramarines genseed.  And to keep them away from the taint of chaos they were stationed on the Eastern Fringe where they wouldnt get in trouble.  And if they did, the largest Space Marine Chapter in existence, with its Primarch, the Ultra Smurfs, would smack them downChristened with the name Angels of Anguish by Garro, they became fantically devout to the Emperor.  They believe he is Death itself and that the only constant in the universe is Death.  So the Emperor is the only constant in the universe and so he is "god".(And yes, I'm a devout religous type in life.  Reflecting one's personaility to a new level eh?  Just without the whole morose Death thing...)  They have a overwhelming drive to show their loyalty and faith and so many of their Companies are lead by Chaplains.  And it is almost certain that an Inquisioter and his retinue follow them into battle as a gesture of "Big Brother is watching you"  They hate corruption and weakness, and are used as they fanatical shock troops of many campaigns, killing the biggest targets they can find in order to prove their piety.  But, they still fight in the tried and true methods of the ancient Death Guard legion.  Usig combat knfes and one-handed Bolter grips, their Tactical squads fill the role of Assault and Tactical Marine.  And Terminators are used in abunance, as they use almost no vehicles except for Dreadnoughts and Attack Bikes.
Battle-Cry:The Angels of Angusih often fill the comm-channels of their foes with litanies of hate and chanting.  Roaring at the top of their lungs, this invariably unnerves their unlucky foes.

Appearnce:Lots of chains, purity seals and catechisms written on paper on the models.  Silver-plated skulls of fallen foes often hang from the chains adorning their ancient and revered armor and vehicles.
How to justify one's self: I am a spammer, therefore I believe that all you say is spam and I am therefore able to destroy your reality and substitute my own.  So there.  Nyah nyah.

Also known as Freak Ona Leash at WarSeer.

Offline Fuhrmann

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 04:37:39 AM »
I like your idea Void, I was going to do something similar as the Sons of Garro, with Pre hersey Death Guard colours. What are you thinking for Traits? I like the idea of using 'Trust your Battle Brothers' A must for Death Guard types, as well as 'Purity above all', which can show how fanatical they are towards staying Pure for the emperor. Disadvantages could be like Flesh over steel, cause the death guard never used many Tanks, and 'Have faith in Suspicion', to prevent them from falling under the thrall of those with Psychic powers. The last one may restrict your Inquisitorial Stuff, so you might wanna change it.

Brad

Offline Void

• BLAST OFF! IT'S PARTY TIME!
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 05:41:10 AM »
Those are what I was thinking too ;D  Though I was going to use Death Before Dishonor to represent the fact that they think Death in the Emperor's name is salvation.  Also, does anyone know where are allowed to post a more in-depth look at our chapter?  I wrote a Index Astartes Article a while ago and I dont know where to post it ???
How to justify one's self: I am a spammer, therefore I believe that all you say is spam and I am therefore able to destroy your reality and substitute my own.  So there.  Nyah nyah.

Also known as Freak Ona Leash at WarSeer.

Offline Shinrathir

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 06:25:21 PM »
Chapter Name:  Ghost Raptors
Chapter Symbol:  Stylised V in silver on a black field
Homeworld:  Jericho (Hive World)
Chapter Traits:  Trust in your battle-brothers, See but don't be seen, Eye to Eye.

Fluff:  The Ghost Raptors are the re-named and re-born elements of the Iron Eagles (Third Chapter of the Ultramarines Legion) and specialize in Urban and Seige Warfare.  Disbanded after what were thought to be unsustainable losses, the Chapter has since recovered and gone on to exact vengeance for their near extinction.  What makes this Chapter unique is their recruitment policy.  All male children of the Jericho system must undergo genetic suitability testing.  All children with 98% or greater compatibility are taken into the chapter's care and trained from early childhood.  While only between 1 and 3% of recruits are initiated into the chapter, this results in a massive induction rate (they're recruiting from a hive world after all) and most companies are over strength and have higher numbers of veterans.  Ghost Raptors have 12 companies: 1st Veteran, 2-6 Battle Companies, 7-10 Reserve Companies (2 tac, 1 assault, 1 devestator) the 11th scout company (between 150-350 scouts at any time) and the 12th Company or Storm Talons (think Ravenwing).  They regret this deviation from the Codex Astartes, but are understandably a little paranoid about being wiped out again so they push the limits of the rules a little in the name of survival, and the Emperor of course.

I've got about 5 pages of fluff if anyones really taken with the chapter.
If knowledge is power, then to be unknowable is to be unconquerable.

Offline Shadowmancer

• The Shadow hides all secrets...
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2005, 04:30:40 AM »
Name: Thunder Dragons

Chapter symbol: White dragon on black background

Homeworld: (havn't thought of the name yet, but near the eye of terror and on the oposite side to the cadian gate)

Chapter Traits: Honour your wargear, Cleanse and Purify, Flesh over steel, Have faith in suspicion

Background: Their founding chapter is unknown, as they cannot spit acid, but can still hybernate. Fortunatly though, they don't realy care. They pride themselves on their weaponry, and are highly trained in the use of it. Their close proximity to the eye of terror means their homeworld is under daemonic threat constantly, and as such, and pyker is almost imeadiatly put down like the vile mutants they are. They also dont have the fascilities to produce many tanks, prefering infantry over vehicals, but the few dreadnoughs they have are cared for with much more devotion than is usuall, and that's saying something!
Aaack! Get that ordanence marker away from my banshees!!!

Excesive sensuality can erode the mind almost as fast as excesive drinking can. It's not as hard on your liver, though.

Shadow is not good or evil. It is a tool, and the way it is wielded is up to the one using it.

Offline chaoticwarrior

• Warhammer consumes my life *twitch*
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 12:10:05 PM »
Name: The Ones of Old
Symbol: a "A" (stylized of cource)
Homeworld: None, They are Crusaders, was once a small world named kolidan
History: They once lived on a small planet far from the reach from the imperial forces due to warp storms.  They worship the Emporer because, every so often, a lonley SMurf ship will come by and preach about the Emporer.  BEcause of the isolation, they greew up truly worshiping the emporer as their only diety.  As the men grew old, a terrible attack came from the Tau, claiming they were "cleanising" the land.  Luckily the SM ship was still there, allowing everyone on.  Now, travelling world to world these old men and the one small ship of true SMs look to gain revenge on the Tau for what they have done.  Seeing the courage and hated in these men, the SMs granted them with power armor. 

Despite many generations of becoming injured, these men continue to fight within their power armor.  They do not want to be put into a dreadnaught nor any other type of life support.  This chapter has grown throghout the time, due to campagining on sister planets and other distant worlds.

Traits: Uphold the Honour of the Emporer (they Worship the emporer refusely), Trust Your Battle-Brothers(fighting together for so long, they have learned to trust one another), Flesh over Steel (Wants revenge so badly that they want to be the ones to shoot/kill their enemies), Death before Dishonour (They would die for the Emporer and for thier cause of revenge against the Tau)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Common Sence is the least common thing ever....EVER!

Offline General Ishkahid

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 09:59:04 PM »
Chapter: Rebel Dawn
Symbols: Feiry orange w/ blood red trim and rebel allaince insignia in midnight blue on left shoulder
Homeworld: Coruscant(Civilised World)
History: Classified
Traits: Advantage- Purity above all
          Minor Drawback- Death Before Dishonour

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2005, 12:50:17 AM »
Well I noticed my Chapter wasn't in the most recent update when formerly they were #421, the 'Night Hawks' so I'll remind Dazo and update you with more info on the chapter.

Name: Night Hawks  (Adeptus Nocturnus - Night fighting specialists)
Emblem: Black swooping hawk silouetted over silvery moon
Parent chapter: distant due to isolation but still the Raven Guard
Chapter Colours:  Primary: Storm Blue (discontinued) so now Midnight Blue
Secondary: Chaos Black.  Tertiary: e.g. Moon and some other highlights: Chainmail and\or Mithril Silver.
Home World: 'HelioUmbra' formerly 'Redemption' in the Segmentum Tempestus
Commander: Chapter Master Binray Geminon 
Traits: 'See but don't be Seen' and 'Trust your Battle Brothers'
Drawbacks: 'Flesh over Steel'

The planet formerly known as 'Redemption' was thrown into the "Great Upheaval" when a cataclismic collision of a comet and a meteor belt resulted in a dense cluster of debris to move in a HelioSyncronous orbit shadowing Redemption significantly reducing daylight to dusk\dawn levels.  Mysteriously muted day was extended from 12 hours to 16, thought to be created by the light bending around the debris cluster. As you can imaging the ecological  ramifications were daunting at first but wildly and artificially, life adjusted over the period of several decades to attain a new equilibrium. The populus resiliently recovered and propogated to levels greater than prior to the 'Great Upheaval' under the leadership of Ezra Nehemus. His worship appointed Binray Geminon to rebuild the once proud military might of the Chapter.

The Space Marine chapter of HelioUmbra are known as the 'Night Hawks'. Greatly disciplined marines, they favour stealth and close combat over the rumbling of heavy tanks and machinery. They penetrate deep into enemy lines and cut off supply lines and with lightning quickness they surgically strike strategic positions keeping the opponent off balance and exposed. Having great success in recent decades they are growing in name and stature.

Rob

« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:01:56 AM by Calvinus Riptin »
7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines

Offline dijit80

• errmmm...I am Bananaman!
    • Crimson Dusk
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 12:18:03 PM »
'Name: Angels of Justice
Symbol: A pair of wings with a japanese writing under it.
Chapter Traits: Blessed be the Wariors( assault squads as Elite) and bring the fight to the enemy (Bolter against Cc weapon and Boltpistol), Flesh over steel.
Homeworld: a Huge  Space Hulk
Colour:Black and Red in Combination
Background:
Shortly after joining the Worriors Deliverant to fight the Rebellion in the Calibara system a  force out of Grey Knights , Lead by Inquistor Artemis and Gandmaster Julian smashed into thier Fleet,thier was only one  reason given for this attack, they had helped the relictors to grab hold of a Chaos artefact.But it struck the Chapter so badly that its fleet lost many ships and  most of thier Heavy Support and Tanks. in an epic battle down at the Surface and in the Orbit  of the Planet Calibra the the Nith, 6  and the fith companie held up the Greyknights and the Inquistiorail forces so long for the rest of the fleet to Escape. Befeated and Batred Chapter Master Marius, found an Huge emty Space Hulk, it didn't take long and soon the Angels of Justice had a new base, where they could hide from the Inquistorial Forces. From that day on they attack planets with thier cunning speed and wildness. There are many battles where imperail forces where about to lose only to see the enemy running away from black Red Warriors.They mostly attack were not expected.The Angels of Justice have won many battles for the Imperium with out the imperial forces ven knowing it.Until to day they still are in the space hulk and attack when needed.'

Re: The damned One
Your Angels of Justice (first page) sound scarilly like the A-Team, (Hannibel, BA, Face and Murdock), with their red and black van/space hulk, if the imperium has a problem and no one else can help and you can find them maybe you can hire the Angels of justice!

In Mm.42 a crack Space Marine unit was sent to prison by a military court
for a crime they didn't commit. These marines promptly escaped from a
maximum security stockade to the Planet Calibra underground. Today,
still wanted by the Inquisition, they survive as soldiers of fortune.
If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find
them - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.
Crimson Dusk - Sci-fi rules in development, free to download:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Crimsondusk/

74th Scotia Highland Regiment Blog:
http://highland74th.blogspot.com/