News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Post your chapter ideas here  (Read 103599 times)

Offline Or'es, Chosen of the Fire God

Post your chapter ideas here
« on: March 21, 2005, 05:45:49 AM »
Even though I am a Tau player first and only, I have decided it would be a cool idea if I could hear some other peoples chapter ideas. So, if you want to, you can post any chapter idea and have it praised/mocked by everybody else.

So;
A brief layout guide

Name: Your chapter name (obviously)
Symbol: Common chapter icons and so forth.
Chapter Traits: see the Codex
Homeworld: A homeworld for your chapter.
Background: Some fluff about your history, what chapter you were founded from, etc.
Quote from: Cho
Tahgemah b'soo rekoah?

Offline Wuestenfux

• Veteran Force Commander
  • Ancient
  • Calculator of Off-Chances
Re: Post your chapter ideas here
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 06:31:17 AM »
I've created the chapter of Red Ravens. See
http://www.40konline.com/index.php/topic,75111.0.html

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 06:39:44 AM »
Are you sure you want me to post my chapters? I've got about an A4 page of fluff for both of them, and then there's the other Chapters I thought of but never started...

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 06:41:17 AM »
Just post a snipplet of fluff then, not the whole kit.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 06:42:17 AM »
Heres a chapter I created recently;
Name: Hands of The Moon
Symbol: A clenched black fist on a white disk (realy the imperial fists emblem on a black background so you cant see the outer black circle)
Colours: Black armour and shoulder-plates, with white banding
Traits: See But Don't Be Seen & Trust Your Battle-Brothers, drawback: Eye to Eye
Homeworld: The night-world of Hydraphur
Background: The only real background my chapter has is that because they come from a night world, they a.) Praise their only source of light, the moon, as the incarnation of the emperor, b.) See extreamly well in the dark, so I use the night vision special rules and c.) As a result of living on a night-world are very stealthly, hence the see but don't be seen, trait.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 06:47:35 AM »
Ok then.

The Dark Knights[/b]
Symbol: Halberd.
Chapter Traits: They use Black Templars rules
Homeworld: Crusaders, so no home world.
Background: The Dark Knights are successors of the Imperial Fists; they organise themselves and fight in an almost identical way to the Black Templars except that The Dark Knights favour Storm Shields and halberds. The key difference between the two (other than the slight change of colour scheme) is that The Dark Knights are well known for going over the top, if they are called in to help fight a corrupted government they will, more often than not, wipe out much more than they need to and have been known on occasion to wipe out a planets entire population. They are quick to judge heretics and will wipe out their own if they suspect in the slightest way they are tainted. This is also true if they see other chapters as corrupt in the slightest.

(And that's only a snippet)

The Steel Dragons[/b]
Symbol: Dragon.
Traits
Advantages
-Heed The Wisdom Of The Ancients (They have lots of casualties and  have been a round for quite a wile)
-Cleanse And Purify (They prefer to keep on the move)
Minor Disadvantage
-Have Pride In Your Colours (They are stubbornly proud and do not hide from the enemy, they strike like a hammer without warning but they would never hide)
Major Disadvantage
-Eye To Eye (They prefer to ‘drop in’ unannounced rather than career across the battlefield)
Homeworld: None, they go around patrolling the Segmentum Tempestus.
Background:The Steel Dragons’ Gene-Seed originates from the Ravenguard, however their tactics differ slightly, with exception to the mass drop pods.

They rely heavily on their Dreadnoughts (of which they have many) and their Terminators to deliver the punishing blows wile their small (in comparison) amount of troops clear up the leftovers and any enemies too fast for the Dreadnoughts and Terminators.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline the machine god

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:59:10 AM »
here's mine:
the red scourge, necron
purpose:to annihilate all in the way of finding the machine god(there's a really cool story about it but forgot where i found it)
battle cry:the are no adversaries worthy enough....
bonusses:they look cool,all fearless,no phase out rule because they only live to find the machine god
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 07:03:34 AM by the machine god »

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 10:05:13 AM »
Scions of the Emperor
Symbol: Crossed Swords
Traits:  Uphold the Honour of the Emperor... That's it.
Homeworld: None (crusading fleet)
Colours: White and Blue, quartered
Background...  Geneseed originated from the Imperial Fists, the chapter supports Wars of Faith, and has storng ties to the Ecclesiarchy.  Has a 'Holier than thou' theme.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline The Damned One

• Spamming mon-keigh
  • Scrap Slaanesh! Tzeentch is my real Master..
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 11:21:25 AM »
Name: Angels of Justice
Symbol: A pair of wings with a japanese writing under it.
Chapter Traits: Blessed be the Wariors( assault squads as Elite) and bring the fight to the enemy (Bolter against Cc weapon and Boltpistol), Flesh over steel.
Homeworld: a Huge  Space Hulk
Colour:Black and Red in Combination
Background:
Shortly after joining the Worriors Deliverant to fight the Rebellion in the Calibara system a  force out of Grey Knights , Lead by Inquistor Artemis and Gandmaster Julian smashed into thier Fleet,thier was only one  reason given for this attack, they had helped the relictors to grab hold of a Chaos artefact.But it struck the Chapter so badly that its fleet lost many ships and  most of thier Heavy Support and Tanks. in an epic battle down at the Surface and in the Orbit  of the Planet Calibra the the Nith, 6  and the fith companie held up the Greyknights and the Inquistiorail forces so long for the rest of the fleet to Escape. Befeated and Batred Chapter Master Marius, found an Huge emty Space Hulk, it didn't take long and soon the Angels of Justice had a new base, where they could hide from the Inquistorial Forces. From that day on they attack planets with thier cunning speed and wildness. There are many battles where imperail forces where about to lose only to see the enemy running away from black Red Warriors.They mostly attack were not expected.The Angels of Justice have won many battles for the Imperium with out the imperial forces ven knowing it.Until to day they still are in the space hulk and attack when needed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:00:40 AM by The Damned One »
:-( :-(  Portent will remain in my heart forever!!!!!.
!Best music: Rammstein, Joachim Deutschlad, Die Ärzte, Papa Roach, Totenhosen, Die Prinzen and Böse Onkelz and Offspring!
 :-( :-( MEMBER OF THE 40K ONLINE ANGRY PEOPLES CLUB!!!!!
!!!!!MEMBER OF THE ANTI-YODA MOVEMENT!!!!!!!
!!!!! And know the Member of the The War Of The Clubs RPG! representing the Angry peoples club and Tzeentch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Sergeant Neyac

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 06:28:20 PM »
Vulkan's Chosen - first & only known successor of the Salamanders Chapter. They currently have no Homeworld and as such are a Fleet Based Chapter that is currently serving in a campaign against Orks in a sector of space that is far away from any known Imperial Worlds of note but will at some time be granted a world (due to their valorious service during the campaign) that they may claim as their own and from which the Chapter will be based.
Traits:
 - Cleanse & Purify
 - Take the Fight to Them
 - Have Faith in Suspicion
 - Eye to Eye
The basic colours for the Chapter are as follows:
   Main Colour/Armour - Dark Grey.
   Shoulderpad Rims - Dark Red (about Scab Red if you want the GW Colour)
   Main Shoulderpad Colour (ie. the recessed bit between the rims) - Same green as the Salamanders so as to denote their linieage
   Company Colours - Displayed on the left kneepad and follow those set down in the Codex Astartes.
   Chapter Icon - a black talon and is displayed on their left shoulderpad.

Other Notes - Rumours abound that the Chapter was formed under special Orders from the Ordo Xenos Faction of the Inquisition and that the Chapter was created specifically for service in this campaign as current resources were stretched due to the conflict around the Cadia and the Eye of Terror. Such rumours are so far unsubstantiated but the Chapter does seem to have close ties to this particular faction of the Inquisition even though it is only new and has presently few battle honours to its name.
The only justifiable risk is one that can do more harm to the enemy then it can to you. All risks must be calculated in your favour. Otherwise, you are fighting for the enemy! - Tactica Imperium

Offline FLV

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »
Chapter name: Steel Ravens

Geneseed: Rogal Dorn's geneseed (high resistance of mutation, no flaws)

Founding: 24th

Homeworld:Fleet based Chapter (Battle-barge Corvus Adamantinus)

Combat Doctrine:
They mainly follow the holy Codex, although they diverge in certain manners. Firstly, they fight as a team. Certainly, there are heroes, but brotherhood is one of the things that lies deeply in their tradition. They trust each other, and they know that no one of their brothers will ever fail in this manner. And so, they fear no enemy, they fear no death, beacause they know, that no one of them is alone in this fight. "Trust your battle brother, always"... "He, who stands with me, shall be my brother"... They don't fear to receive a charge of the enemy, will it be a swarm of screeching Tyranids, steel horde of Necrons, or the most hatred of all, the ruinous powers of Chaos. And so, they will hold their ground to no matter what enemy, resisting any attack. And then, they will counter-attack with righteous fury to utterly destroy the enemy with the holy weapons, Bolter and Chainsword, the embodyment of the Emperor's wrath, until the last of their enemy's remain dead. [Trust Your Battle Brother's]

Until the last of their enemy's remain dead... this is also the second of their divergences. They often refuse to leave the field of battle if some of their enemy's are still alive. Sometimes even very weakened forces will continue to fight to let none of their enemy's escape. [Death Before Dishonour]

Their operating main near the Eye Of Terror, their high resistance against mutation is extremely useful in this case.

Their name was divided from:
Steel - high usage of heavy equipment (especially Terminator Armour, most of their characters are trained in usage of the blessed Tactical Dreadnought Armor)
Ravens - lightning strikes using transports (drop pods), and black armour

Chapter colours:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:59:30 PM by FLV »

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 08:07:47 PM »
Chapter Name: Knights of the Argent Fist

Symbol: A chenched silver fist

Chapter traits: Advantages - Cleans and Purify, Trust Your Battle-Brother. Disadvantages - Eye to Eye, Have Pride In Your Colours

Homeworld: [Unable to find Record] (ie I haven't come up with one yet)

Background: The Knights are an Imperial Fists Successor Chapter founded some time before the Arch-Heretic's 13th Black Crusade. The Chapter's Homeworld is an abandoned Adeptus Mechanicus Forgeworld out near the Halo Zone in the Segmentum Pacificus.
When Abaddon launched his 13th crusade, the Argent Fist's homeworld, along with a group of surrounding systems that were originally the Forgeworld's Knight Worlds, was cut off from the rest of the Imperium by a series of Warp Storms. The Knights were tasked with defending the surrounding systems from chaotic raids which still managed to find a way through the warp storms.
Because of the logistical problems of trying to defend the group of systems with only a single chapter, the Knights were forced to reactivate the dead Forgeworld's factories and begin production of a new class of strike cruiser. Although only a little larger than a destroyer (indeed, they barely classed as a cruiser), the new Light Strike Cruisers, as they have the equipment to drop pod a company of Marines simultaneously. However, they didn't have the space nor the energy requirements to mount Teleport decks, so terminators were forced to use Drop Pods.
Once the Warp Storms had subsided, and the systems had been returned th the imperium, the Knights of the Argent Fist continued to use their unique Light Strike Cruiser instead of the more heavly armed and armoured, but slower, strike cruisers used by most other chapters.
The Knights excel in using Drop Pod assault tactics to land Marine forces in strategic locations where they are best able to bring their firepower to bare. Despite the lack of Teleport decks on the light strike cruisers, the Knights still employ a large number of Terminators, deployed via drop pods, as they find the fire power and survivability extremly useful in missions where strong enemy resistance is expected.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Da Moose

• Everyone Is "Da Moose"-sexual...Everyone
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 11:23:06 PM »
Name: Templar of the Vale (formerly the Knights of the Vale)
Symbol: Black Celtic Cross of the Templar
Chapter Traits: Trust your Battle Brothers, Cleanse and Purify, Eye to Eye,
Homeworld: White Vale
Background: Formed from the Ultra Marine line during the second founding, The Knights of the Vale served as support for many elder and more respected Chapters, during campaigns and battle famous through out the imperium. Guided by the wisdom and leadership of their sagely Masters, the Knights learned before they could lead they must first follow, and because of this philosophy the Vale Knights gain a great deal of experience without much fame or reputation. It was not until the Libration of St. Christy, did the Knights finally spear head a major campaign, and in Glorious fashion. The heretic, power hungry Arch Governor Calius, revolted against the Imperium and claimed the entire system of St Christy as his personal domain, drawing the support of local generals as well as reinforced by a small core of traitorous marines from the Night Lords. Only the name sack of the system, St. Cristy stood against the Governor's forces, inspired to defend its highly renowned Monastery devoted to the martyred hero St. Christy. Out numbered and out gunned, St. Christy's defenders only consisted of the combined forces of a conscripted PDF and a small force of monastery guard, bolstered by a Priest core who bravely stood preaching on the front lines of almost every defence. Though inspiring, the defenders were fighting a losing battle, not skilled in the art of tactics or war craft the PDF could only sit and defend while the Governor's troops picked apart their lines. Knowing full well what was at stake the Knights sprang into the fray, with their lightning fast drop pod assaults they made quick work of the rear guard and patrol forces of many of the high ranking commanders around the Governor, antagonizing them to shift forces away from the front. With the pressure lifted form the defending PDF force and many factors of the Governor's forces spread to widely along the rear the time was ripe for the Knights to strike. Many Brother made a name for themselves in the upcoming battle, Chapter Master Kane lead his command squad into the heart of the Arch Governor's Chief of Command's HQ and personally took the heads of the Chief Commander and Staff, Chaplain Master of Sanctity Lavantus gave his famous speech "Blood of My Battle Brothers.", and Brother Master Sergeant (then Veteran Sergeant of the first company) Luke, taking up the command of the Third company's assault on the Night Lords position, after his brother Captain Vatius was taken in combat with a traitor's defiler. The battle was long and hard fought on both sides, but it was clear that the Knights of the Vale would win the day. The forces of the Governor, losing on all sides to the forces of the Knight, pressed all remaining forces on the lines of the monastery defences. Breaking under the pressure of a full assault, PDF fell back into the monastery. Not about to give up the monastery to the forces of evil, the White Knight Terminators of the First Company teleported to the steps of the great church and held off the assault long enough for their battle brothers to join them. After the liberation of St. Christy, the rest of the system fell with easy, Arch Governor Calius, his empire fallen down around his ears, took his own life rather then face Master Kane, who had gone on to collect the heads of all of his Generals and loyal higher ups. At the end of the campaign the marines returned to St. Christy to pay their respects. The sole surviving Priest came before the chapter and stood between Master Kane and Chaplain Lavantus, and proclaimed that any and all battle brothers present past and future would be honorable monks of the Monastery of St. Christy, and offered Kane the holiest artifact at St. Christy, a feather from the wings of Saint Christy herself, and in a famous offer of respect and brother hood offered it to Lavantus for safe keeping. From that day forth, the Knights of the Vale would be known as the Templar of Vale and be the sole defenders of th system of St. Christy.

(sorry for the long wilded fluff but i just couldn't stop.  ;D)
Da Moose is Loose.

There are no mooses in Japan...Yet

{-^-^-@@-^-^-}        
           (..)-----;   
               ||---||   
              ^^ ^^
*Add Da Moose to your sig and sexy women will have sex in your back yard.*

Offline marz

• Wolfpack!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 08:51:04 AM »
Name:  Children of the Red Moon
Symbol:  2-10 companies: A red cresent moon on black or white backgrounds (depending on company).  1st company [Wolfpack] uses a white wolf's head on red or black background.
Colors:  Red & White primary, Black secondary
Traits:  Take the Fight to Them & See, But Don't be Seen - Eye to Eye & Die Standing
Background: yet to come
I'm a robot ninja pirate monkey.

Offline Frost

• Flyentology
« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2005, 07:57:52 PM »
Knights of Bodom

Colours : Black & Red
   Founding Chapter : Thousand Sons
   Home World : Quarlen
   Chapter Traits : Yet to come
   Heroes : Sylon and Osiris

Backround : Ahriman, chief librarian of the thousand sons became in possesion of an ancient artifact on the planet Quarlen. This artifact was the Hammerblow Amulet. It's power could summon the force of 50 thunder hammers in the hands of a skilled psyker such as Ahriman. A powerful librarian under Ahrimans command named Slyon found out that he was going to practice the use of his amulet on his own troops, himself being one. Sylon got ahold the amulet while Amhriman let it down for a little while, and took off. He went to the nearby planet of Macragge, and brought it to the emperor himself to be once again accepted into the imperium as he was a part of the thousand sons. The emperor accepted his gesture, and granted him access to the armories. Sylon equipped himself with the necessary wargear and got a small army worth of troops back to the planet Quarlen. The armor used for attacking Ahriman and the thousand sons was black and red, to camoflauge with mount Bodom where the thousand sons were stationed. They silently crept up the mountain taking out sentries along the way. Atop the mountain was a viscous massacre of thousand sons with little amounts of caualties for Sylon and his warriors. Ahriman with still a mass of thousand sons marines fled in search of the next artifact they could find. Sylon was appointed a champion by the emperor for his acts, and made leader of his chapter. The planet of Quarlen became station and base for the Knights of Bodom. The chapter is all around now, but has a strong psyker presence.

Offline The Sleeper

« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2005, 05:32:12 AM »
here is my one
DragonGuard:
Colours: black and sliver
Founding Chapte:r unknown
Home world The distessan system
Chaptar traits: The true git 1 and the apoc 1 (sorry out of time) also die standing and the bike major disadvantage
hero's: yet to come

The Dragonguard rule the distessan system and protect it from invaders.
This is only allowed as there is a permant inquisitorial presence and because The Dragonguard have taken the from a collection of disorganised hive worlds to a efficient and hard working realm that rivals ultramar. They fight with righteous bolter's to defend the imperium of man. They are obsessed with purity and will go to great lengths to keep themselves and those under their watch pure and whole of mind and body. This has brought them in conflict to many other space marine chapters in the past because:
A) they rule a system which menans half there chapter will always stay behind to protect,
B) They see those who are not whole of mind and body as weak and will ignore them at the very least and in the most extreme circumstances will see them as traitors and chaos worshippers and will attack.
C) they are openly intolent of those that just charge in to combat and see them as fools. This brings them in conflict with the blood angels and such
Warfare: The dragon guard fight with a mix of bolter and steel. Like the space wolves they have perfected the technique of shooting a bolter in on hand which means they are just as eadly on the charge as they are being charge. They dragon guard are a slow and methodcal chapter. Thsi is because they draw there recuits from of the finst warriors from the distessan guard
They also have a lack of fast units as they are both non suitable to the chapters tempeant and the system that they protect doesn't make them.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 06:46:06 PM by Inqusitor Ayherious »

Offline Bil123

• What's with all the modified santavatars
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2005, 05:36:39 PM »
Name: Death Ravens
Colors: Red and Black
Home World: Record Lost
Founding Chapter: Record Lost
Chapter Traits: No Mercy No Respite, Suffer not the alien to live (tyranids) Faithful unto Death.
Heros: Lidyrong (Present Chapter Master Oldest Marine in Chapter)

The Death Ravens' home world was almost destroyed by a tyranid invasion, all that was left was uninhabitable wasteland. Now they wander around the galaxy, destroying the enimies of the Emperor. Lidyrong is the one of the only surviving marines from the tyranid attack, the other survivors make up the entire first compony. They have a link with the Daemonhunters, mainly with Inquisitor Lord Varrian and Iquisitor Yirrep. Their Symbol is that of a black wing or wings. It is believed that the founding chapter is blood angels as some of the marines have wings growing from thier back just as Sanaguiness.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 05:53:52 PM by Bil123 »
Losers never quit, Quiters never lose.
Ignorence is Bliss that's why I'm a pesimist
You seee the glass as half full I see it as half empty. let's resolve this by drinking the rest of the glass.
It takes 35 muscles to smile and 42 to frown, therefore sad people are stronger that happy ones
http://www.giantitp.com/Images/Banners/ootsbanner_88x31_vaar.gi

Offline marneus calgar 132

• i like ultramarines
    • my awesome website
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 01:12:42 AM »
i don't have the new codex so i can't do chapter traits but here it goes

Chapter Name:Templar Knights
Chapter Symbol:red templar cross
Colours:wight with silver trims and red guns
home world:Amun
Fluff:I don't know someone else make something up
we are but tiny specks of dust in a never ending world
we all have our moment in life
where we shine so bright it can be seen across several galaxies
but then we go out
our light diminished
at that moment we all know what it is truly like to be lost for eternity

Offline Quaren

• Sic vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »
Chapter Name: The Black Angels
Chapter Symbol: Not really sure..black sword with wings on red background
Chapter Founding: Rogal Dorn geneseed, Black Templar brothers
Traits: See but don't be seen..Trust your battle brothers..Eye to Eye (disadvantage)
Colors: Black armour with red gore pads and wings. Metal trimmings
Homeworld:Aeon
Fluff: They come from a world with 2 suns, but an odd orbit. They have a very intense day that is shorter than average (5-8 hrs) so they train extensivly at night, fully employing scouts and the like tactics. Although they keep the practice of an Emperor's Champion, that is all that they share with their Templar brethren.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 02:27:04 PM by Quaren »
There is no one taller than the last man standing

Offline Claw

• Just Call Me Claw!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »
Chapter Name: Grave Diggers
Chapter Symbol: Skull with a shovel hand like thing coming out of top of skull.
Chapter Founding: UltraMarines
Colors: Catachan green with Chaos black right knee pad and some trimmings, and blood red eyes.
Homeworld:Galeus
++++++
Fluff: So far none, except their belief which is a loyal follower of the Imperiuem and Emperor when buried in the ground will receive happiness and glory in the Emperors presence and hall (heaven), but a enemy who is buried will receave utter damnation and torture, but if a follower of the Emperor or his enemy is not buried then they will receave a purgatory for eternity, or worse....oblivion
*pattoned*