News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chapter colour question  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Shanilla

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Chapter colour question
« on: February 18, 2021, 05:44:34 PM »
I have always liked black templars and played it for a long long time. Did make a go at salamanders and enjoyed them aswell, but im still leaning back to BT even though they(melee) seem to be a bit weak atm. Main issue i have is the colour. Im no fan of the black.
Is it posible to have them in some other colour as if they had a little paint for a specific crusade or something? Was thinking of keeping shoulders, cloth and ornaments as they are, and maybe also head, and paint the rest in some other colour?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Chapter colour question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:50:48 PM »
Welcome to 40K Online :).

My view is that you can paint them in whichever colour you wish.  There is plenty of artistic licence in wargaming, so I see no reason why this would be an issue for most people.  Some tournaments might have rules which could pose a problem, but for any form of casual play, I would be very surprised if anyone would have an issue.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:29:48 PM »
I have always liked black templars and played it for a long long time. Did make a go at salamanders and enjoyed them aswell, but im still leaning back to BT even though they(melee) seem to be a bit weak atm. Main issue i have is the colour. Im no fan of the black.
Is it posible to have them in some other colour as if they had a little paint for a specific crusade or something? Was thinking of keeping shoulders, cloth and ornaments as they are, and maybe also head, and paint the rest in some other colour?

Just make your own chapter, paint your dudes in that colour and use whichever chapter rules you want whenever you want. Easy.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 03:43:23 AM »
this is why successor chapters were really made ;)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:35 AM »

The Black Templars are a successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists, so maybe it would make sense to use yellow as a colour for your army.

Oh and welcome to 40konline Shanilla.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:03:54 AM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »
As others have said, you can really do whatever you want. However, if you really want some kind of lore/fluff explanation of things, you could simply say this specific company of Templars took an oath to wear (insert color here) until they fulfill some quest.

This is both very fluffy for the Templars and also gives you the ability to use both Templars iconography and a totally different color scheme. Just a suggestion!