News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Infiltrators or Incursors?  (Read 864 times)

Offline ChainAxe Enthusiast

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Too many to list.
Infiltrators or Incursors?
« on: January 22, 2021, 02:29:01 PM »
I have yet to buy either and was wondering which unit is the best game wise?  I like the idea of Incursors being a jack of all trades.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Infiltrators or Incursors?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
I have yet to buy either and was wondering which unit is the best game wise?  I like the idea of Incursors being a jack of all trades.

Depends what you want to do. Incursors are more aggressive, Infiltrators are more defensive. I like the deepstrike disruption of the Infiltrators, as it's pretty handy at preventing deepstrike charges, and is great for helping with board control.

Incusors are pretty nice, especially in combat chapters.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 05:36:44 PM »
I think you will find the Infiltrators being more useful overall.  Omniscramblers are simply fantastic, and give you a nice bubble to protect from reserve (including annoyances like Green Tide).  I find their gun to be more useful as it really opens up the potential for targets.

Incursors, in my view, are more situational.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 06:55:56 AM »
How does the area denial go though, I assume that you will need a few units for it to actually benefit, I suppose you can protect a key unit or two with one unit.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 08:03:02 AM »
How does the area denial go though, I assume that you will need a few units for it to actually benefit, I suppose you can protect a key unit or two with one unit.

It's a 12" Bubble from each model, so a couple of 5 man squads can cover a lot of ground.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline Friar76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 04:44:57 AM »
Without going into the cost analysis points-wise or economic 'bang for your buck' worth the infiltrators are my go-to in my lists.

The incursors are situational, and against mechanical units the haywire mines are useful, but for their initial abilities the infiltrators are my choice.

Pair up with the comms array and a phobos Lt you have a suitable unit capable of denying DS near your units, if deployed correctly- remember the rapid redeployment UM stratagem and stick the Lt with some eliminators in the backline so both squads will benefit from his wound reroll buff.

That is how I usually roll with them. Sure they can be an expensive unit when maxed out, but when played correctly do have their uses, now that scouts are classed as elite troops.