News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fire Hawks Chapter Help  (Read 610 times)

Offline darthvadar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Fire Hawks Chapter Help
« on: January 12, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
Hi all,

Just a quick question hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can help.

When the Fire Hawks chapter was lost in the warp those that entered the warp and survived supposedly became the legion of the damned.

I cannot find any mention of any Fire Hawk marines which were not on those ships and therefore survived.

Does anyone know of any reference material which might hint at survivors which did not become legion of the damned or any reasons which would make this impossible/possible?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Fire Hawks Chapter Help
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 10:09:32 AM »
There is nothing official about there being any members of the Fire Hawks, who were not lost with the chapter.

However, there is no reason for your purposes there could have been some stragglers on duty somewhere else if you wanted to paint your army as the Fire Hawks, or you could always play your army as a historical army, before they Vanished (like around Badab War era or what have you). They wouldn't have access to any Primaris units though.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline darthvadar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
Thanks very much for your reply.

I had actually planned to have some in my Death Watch army. Perhaps under the assumption that they were serving at the time the majority of their chapter was lost.

Or had been on a mission at the time have since joined the Death Watch as black shields since their chapter no longer exists.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »
I don't see a problem with that, go for it. No one you play against is going to have an issue with that.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline ChainAxe Enthusiast

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Too many to list.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »
I would like to think that they are like Malcadors knights errant.  Lots of survivors from destroyed chapters that end up joining the legion of the damned and the legion of the damned can sense them out and find lost members of destroyed chapters, that would be insanely cool.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:35:09 PM by ChainAxe Enthusiast »