News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Two Wound Tacticals?!  (Read 882 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Two Wound Tacticals?!
« on: August 13, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
So, what do we think of the latest rumors released by GW and company?

All marines get a +1 wound bump! A welcome change. AP -1 Chainswords and +1 Str Power Weapons? Also a yes please!

What do you think are the implications of all this? Have the marines now gone over the edge in the power rankings? Do we have nothing to look forward to but breezy victories from hear on out?

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Two Wound Tacticals?!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
I like that there is less of a margin in power between a "First Born" marine and Primaris.  This will open up the flexibility of the army composition.  Scuttlebutt is that Basic marines will be bumped up to 18pts.  So you can save a little bit in points, but have access to heavy weapons; or you can take Intercessors for two points more and get a better basic rifle and an extra attack.

I am absolutely ok with these changes, especially the increase in wound for Terminators.  Three wounds will actually make them survivable now, and I expect their point value to increase back to what it has traditionally been (around 40pts for Storm Bolter and Power Fist).  If the increase in wounds is going to apply to all First Born, having three wound bikers and 5 wound Attack Bikes is going to make me seriously reconsider how I build a Ravenwing list.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 08:16:33 AM »
Are we sure that Termies and Bikes are also getting the wound increase? If so...wow.

Seems like I picked the wrong time to start a Drukhari Wych cult...hmmmm...

I played a couple games with the Imperial Fists with the newest codex and felt like I was playing on easy mode--just straight-up deleting enemy armies, barely a fuss. Same thing with Deathwatch. While I totally get that Tacticals needed the bump (and Termies, too), I do hope everything gets a modest points bump. I want Marines to be badass and elite, but I still want them to be a challenge to play with.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 11:12:08 AM »
Are we sure that Termies and Bikes are also getting the wound increase? If so...wow.
Terminators for sure (I have seen a leaked datasheet that showed them with 3 wounds), and bikes are 90% simply because the GW announcement said "ALL FULLY-FLEDGED SPACE MARINES WILL BE GETTING 2 WOUNDS!"

Their caps, not mine.

If the bike granted an extra wound before this update, I don't see why it wouldn't grant an extra wound after it.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 01:17:24 PM »
It's on Warhammer Community. Terminators are mentioned explicitly.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 01:50:52 PM »
It's on Warhammer Community. Terminators are mentioned explicitly.

Ah, I see it now. Serves me right for skimming.

3 Wound Terminators is a good idea. I'm also hoping for 5 wound Centurions, now. And yeah, nice hefty price bump for everything, please.

(and here's hoping all the non-Imperial armies get their weapons upgrades sooner rather than later)