News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Opinions and Advice needed please...  (Read 2000 times)

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
Opinions and Advice needed please...
« on: March 8, 2018, 03:29:58 AM »
I'm helping my son to build an Ultramarines army, he has a few things already...as and when budget allows you know? :)

I'd be grateful if you guys could give us a little advice with a couple of things please?

1/  What is the best way to kit out a Primaris Lieutenant?  We did a swap with someone we know that was building Death Guard, so he has two Dark Imperium sets of primaris troops.  I've built an LT with sword already, as well as the one toting the Auto boltgun.  Which is most effective please?

2/  My next project for him is a Stormhawk Interceptor (he loves the model).  Mainly I suppose it will be used to fight my Crimson hunters and my friend's flyrants....but some ground attack when targets present themselves y'know....
What is the optimum set-up for this flyer in your opinion please?

Thanks a lot. ;D

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Opinions and Advice needed please...
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2018, 01:39:03 PM »
For the Primaris Lieutenant, I think it depends what you want to do with him. I think the MC Bolt Rifle is the way to go most of the time, though.

I play pretty regularly against an opponent who runs a Stormhawk Interceptor. For the main gun, he uses the Las-talon, which puts out great air-to-air output and works well on a fast unit that can position to get into range. For the side weapons, he uses Heavy Bolters and Assault Cannons, which are cheap and provide some dakka.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline The Reborn

« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »
Thanks Blazinghand, really appreciate your advice. :)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2018, 06:39:27 PM »
if its in an antiflyer roll and there is only one of them, then Stormcannon and skyhammer missle launcher. The las-talon is nice, but its expensive point wise and unlikely to hit a crimson hunter unless you get really close (its a trap) and you will not be able to get that close very often thanks to the CH turning rules.

Either way I would use magnets so you can swap them over :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2018, 09:53:22 PM »
G'day, reborn!
Haven't had any experience with the flyer, so I'm not commenting, however, in regards to the Lt I would go the auto bolt gun. Ultra Marine's doctrine is being able to retreat from combat and still fire in the same turn. Arming the Lt with the ABG will be taking advantage of this rule... Be well!   

Offline The Reborn

« Reply #5 on: March 9, 2018, 06:51:28 AM »
Magenb, thanks a lot, I was thinking along those lines....couldn't decide with the Talon or not. :-\

Saim-Dann, hey fella!  I'm ok, hope you are too? Cheers for the help, ABG sounds good to me.😀
« Last Edit: March 9, 2018, 06:52:47 AM by The Reborn »