News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 9th Edition Chaos Space Marine Update Archive  (Read 1077 times)

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
The 9th Edition Chaos Space Marine Update Archive
« on: December 26, 2021, 01:22:54 PM »
A new thread to share all incoming reveals for new Chaos Space Marine models! I have a feeling much more is coming according to the Warhammer Community article!

http://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/25/new-asuryani-clash-with-chaos-space-marines-in-the-next-warhammer-40000-battlebox/

Hotlinked images removed in accordance with forum rule 4k -Iris.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 07:05:48 AM by Irisado »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: The 9th Edition Chaos Space Marine Update Archive
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 07:50:25 PM »
Nice! I will admit I'm a bit more hyped for the Elda minis, but they look good.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 07:07:54 AM »
They are okay, but Black Legion models rarely inspire me.  I've seen too many of them over the years and I do not find Black Legion to be particularly interesting.  I think that a lot of the other relatively recent Chaos releases, such as the new Tzeentch models that they released a few years ago, are much more dynamic and exciting.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 12:23:57 PM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 11:33:00 AM »
They are okay, but Black Legion models rarely inspire me.  I've seen too many of them over the years and I do not find Black Legion to be particularly interesting.  I think that a lot of the other relatively recent Chaos releases, such as the new Tzeentch models that they released a few years ago, to be much more dynamic and exciting.

I feel this way about most of the generic traitor legions outside of Iron Warriors. Their schemes just don't really inspire me, especially after the heresy when they changed their colors.

That said, Black Legion does feel especially drab to me unless an excellent painter can just weave in those details to bring out the beauty of the models.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »
They are okay, but Black Legion models rarely inspire me.  I've seen too many of them over the years and I do not find Black Legion to be particularly interesting.  I think that a lot of the other relatively recent Chaos releases, such as the new Tzeentch models that they released a few years ago, are much more dynamic and exciting.

Well, they are not Black Legion specific models, just painted that way for the box art. Could be used by a variety of legions.

I really like the Warpsmith and Chosen, I hope they will get more kits along with the book. A new Biker and possessed box could be really nice, as those kits haven't aged well.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 09:46:35 PM »
Are Warpsmiths a new thing? I vaguely remember the Iron Warriors having Warsmiths, but that's something else I think. Are Warpsmiths basically Chaos Techmarines?

Online Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 11:39:13 PM »
Are Warpsmiths a new thing? I vaguely remember the Iron Warriors having Warsmiths, but that's something else I think. Are Warpsmiths basically Chaos Techmarines?

Warpsmiths have been around for quite a few editions now, when the forgefiend and maulerfiend came out I think.

Yeah, they're basically chaos marines.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 08:39:42 AM »
Yeah, I definitely haven't kept up, lol. Thanks.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 10:49:29 AM »
Just going to put this here, as these are the rumoured units to be getting new kits with the CSM release.

Regular Possessed, Bikers, Chosen, Warpsmith, Cultists (BSF-style), Renegade Guard (BSF-style), human mutants, possessed humans (the latter two are monstrously horrible. Think of the Greater Possessed but cranked up to 11), cultist standard bearer (character), cultist character with bodyguards.

These rumours are the same source which accurately predicted all the 40k releases from sep->present.

Also, that we will see a World Eaters codex with Angron coming too.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria