News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: !!!Commissar Problem!!!  (Read 1459 times)

Offline SgtDuckMan

• I am Canadian
    • SgtDuckMans webpage
!!!Commissar Problem!!!
« on: January 29, 2005, 08:09:20 PM »
in the codex it seys Commissars are armed with a laspistol and CC weapon but on the model seen hear http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99060105019&orignav=301304&ParentID=6325&GameNav=10&ItemNav=301852there is a flammer arm could some one please clear this up thanks DuckMan

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: !!!Commissar Problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 08:16:14 PM »
That's a hand flamer.  Used to have rules back in the good ole days of second edition.  If you want the model, just swap the weapon, it's pretty easy.  Mine has a plasma pistol now instead of the hand flamer.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Captain Spaff

• Captain
  • Pwned - sucka!
    • Wulfram: Free Online 1st Person Shooter Available For Download
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Well, you don't necessarily have to equip him with the Flamer arm, you could just as easily buy the Bolter arm, and then buy him a Bolter via wargear selection. I usually opt for Storm Bolters myself when I am able to take them though. If you already have that model and want to fix it up though what I'd do is clip off the flame tank, and then sand down the flamer-nose until it is smaller to appear more laspistolish.
Venarskan Excavators: (Imperial Guard)-
Win=35
Loss=23
Draw=4

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 07:42:50 AM »
You could use the hand flamer as a seperate weapon, if you so desire. You could always just treat it like a bolt pistol (As an example). It shoots spurts of flame that give it the stats of a bolt pistol.
However, there is only one model that has a hand flamer and has rules for hand flamers, Seraphim (Or, at least, they did. I haven't taken a good look at Codex: Witchhunters lately).
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
Seraphim can be upgraded to have twin hand flamers, which count as a flamer and two CCWs.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2005, 01:52:33 AM »
in the codex it seys Commissars are armed with a laspistol and CC weapon but on the model seen hear http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=99060105019&orignav=301304&ParentID=6325&GameNav=10&ItemNav=301852there is a flammer arm could some one please clear this up thanks DuckMan

with 3rd edition, hand flamers were abolished. They now count as simple close combat weapons though I see no reason why they could not proxy as a bolt or laser pistol.
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline Col. Or'es'o (retired)

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • not quite dead last...
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2005, 03:01:03 AM »
my acting Commissar Arch-Deacon has a plasma pistol which is actually a flamer. I just imagine he has a high pressure setting which has less spread but more damage, and uses a quicker burning fuel or some such (and of course, before each battle it will be blessed by the Emperor).  :)

Cheers
Go little tau man! BANG BANG BANG!
Quote from: TheJester
How come everyone quotes Lomendil, and nobody ever quotes me?

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2005, 03:13:45 AM »
my acting Commissar Arch-Deacon has a plasma pistol which is actually a flamer. I just imagine he has a high pressure setting which has less spread but more damage, and uses a quicker burning fuel or some such (and of course, before each battle it will be blessed by the Emperor).  :)

Cheers

hey! that's really cool! remember to give it the proper amount of hoses/ purity seals
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline Commissar ShoutY

• Commissar
  • it says it all
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2005, 06:34:50 PM »
yeah thats a damn kool idea. give it some seals and a bigger fuel tank and it should look damn gud
Member of the prestigious 40konline commissariate, and we're here...

wonderful, amazing! i'm in awe of your uselessness

Offline Col. Or'es'o (retired)

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • not quite dead last...
« Reply #9 on: February 4, 2005, 10:41:46 AM »
I use the old Redeptionist special character (the one with the big book and the back banner). Unfortunately they dont sell him anymore. He's meant to be a retired missionary by the name of Iversen Cargus who sorta couldnt stay in retirement.

I did add a couple of purity seals actually :D and he has a decent enough flamer back pack on already (and several spare cartridges). Also, the flamer itself is made of wood and quite 'kusomised' looking with stylised flames on the nozzle. He also has ornate flames running along the sheath of his powersword and his big command hat thing also has flames aswell. So hes really not lacking in the flamer imagery :)

Ive forgone the bright red robes though for the more rustic mucky and brown desperate missionary look though. I think bright red would ruin the crazy-man image.
Though he kills me more often than the enemy, and he refuses to preach to my company's abhumans, i do like the vindictive, bigoted and ruthless puritan.  :D

Cheers for the interest  ;D

"You have no choices in war; only what must be done and your ability to do it"
   Arch-Deacon Iversen Cargus, addressing the company
Go little tau man! BANG BANG BANG!
Quote from: TheJester
How come everyone quotes Lomendil, and nobody ever quotes me?