News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First 7e IG list ( 1850 )  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Bobby P

First 7e IG list ( 1850 )
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »
Been playing IG since 5e. This is my first list for IG in 7e. My last game of 40k was the week before 7e dropped and even then I had been playing my Eldar since they dropped in 2013. So I'm a bit rusty with IG to say the least. Let alone with 7e.

This list is geared towards a competitive, aggressive style. As this is the style in my local scene. So please leave any comments about WAAC or OP out as it is designed to be hard.

hq - Pask in Punisher with multi melta sponsons, lascannon on hull and a dozer blade
       Executioner wingman with plasma sponsons and dozer blade

T - Vets with 3x meltaguns, Demolitions doctrine, Chimera ( ML, HB ) with dozer blade

T - Vets with 3x meltaguns, Demolitions doctrine, Chimera ( ML, HB ) with dozer blade

T - Vets with 3x plasmaguns, Demolitions doctrine, Chimera ( ML, HB ) with dozer blade

FA - Vendetta

FA - Vendetta

HS - Wyvern

HS - Wyvern

HS - Manticore

That's 1850 on the dot. The list designed for the Maelstrom missions, thus the focus on mobility ( and all the dozer blades ). Chimeras and Russ's move forward to take mid-field. Pask deals with MC's and Vehicles, whilst his wingman takes on infantry. Vets assist in removing MC's and vehicles ( the Demolitions doctrine is to safe guard against Imperial Knights, which are a major thing in my local area ), whilst their Chimeras take on infantry / MC's or light vehicles. Vendettas come on for Flyer / FMC control followed by ground vehicles and MC's. Wyverns do what do best ( remove infantry ). Manticore removes vehicles ( via HP removal ) and infantry.

I feel like I should have an Inquisitor with 3x skulls in the list simply due to the amount of pie I have but I'm loathe to remove anything as I like the list as it is.

Any advice?

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
Re: First 7e IG list ( 1850 )
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 12:55:16 AM »
Mechanised Infantry is definitely back in 7th. It's tough to crack all those tanks.

Pask Punisher is THE competitive HQ choice. Personally I run with an Eradicator for an IC blast. Executioners are too likely to kill themselves now - you have five get hot rolls (yes - three for the turret not one - think of the rapid firing plasma gun you could get hot twice there) and none of them are twin linked so you can't re-roll them.

If I want to play hard I also have two wyverns and a manticore and a DSML, but I put them behind an ADL for a cover save and give them cammo netting. When you divide the points for an ADL by four (per tank basis) then it's a pretty reasonable investment to get a cover save for the artillery.

Also putting a Enginseer behind the ADL means you give the artillery POTMS so it can fire if it has been shaken - otherwise it sits there useless.

Personally I put HF as the hull weapon on the artillery - if you get too close to me for me to use the big guns on you then I'll turn three heavy flamers on you to protect myself - don't really need anyone "babysitting" them to provide anti infantry deep striking / assault protection then.

Similarly having one squad of vets with flamers is good for digging out any infantry.

Have you tried a DSML? They are a bit hit or miss - once it only killed one orc, but in another game it was instrumental in collapsing the whole flank of the opposing army. It is very much a "terror" weapon to inflict psychological warfare on your opponent. It is very potent as a "weapon in being" - where is it going to fire? How much damage is it going to do? When it's done, it's done though.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Bobby P

Re: First 7e IG list ( 1850 )
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:49:48 AM »
Yeah, I see what you mean by the Gets Hot derp with the Executioner. It's a definite risk but with the major points drop since the 5e dex I feel compelled to take it for a spin.

The Engineseer is a nice idea and to be fair I had skipped completely past him as he was pretty sub par in the last dex, but, I do not have the points. Any points I can shave to add something new would most likely be an Inquisitor with 3x skulls to reduce pie scatter and protect against Scouts and Infiltration, though I have no idea where I can these points from.   

Yep, HF on hulls of the artillery tanks is a standard practice for me also.

No, I've never used the DSML. I don't think I ever will in a competitive list, it's just to random