News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Do Hunting Lances count as Close Combat Weapons?  (Read 921 times)

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
Do Hunting Lances count as Close Combat Weapons?
« on: December 18, 2007, 02:55:13 AM »
Well, this is a simple question I'm wondering about, because after getting slightly more interest in those lovable horses, I can't help but want to field some of them.

Now, according to the codex, I can replace either a laspistol, or a close combat weapon for a hunting lance for a monetary fee, fair enough. And according to the Codex "Horses steer themselves..." so they can use both weapons at the same time.

Using RAW, it gets ambiguous, it does not state whether it is a CCW or not, but considering it doesn't actually "Shoot" anything, and is stated specifically as being used in assault, they must count as CCW. Also, I doubt they would be two handed as well.

Using RAI, I would imagine that no, it was designed to remove the extra attack for the sake of fairness.

Of course, I would also imagine that a rough rider would charge up San Juan Hill hunting lance in one hand, chainsword in the other, ready to strike with both weapons. Considering, the horse DOES steer itself.

So, what are your opinions on this, am I being a power gaming bastard? Because I guess they both make sense, either way I'm going to fight this with the Redshirts tooth and nail for the sake of it.  ;D

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Do Hunting Lances count as Close Combat Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:32:25 AM »
If you read the third sentence under "Hunting Lance" on page 46, all your considerations will become moot.

Offline *Nosferatu*

• Why Hello There
Re: Do Hunting Lances count as Close Combat Weapons?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:49:06 AM »
Wow, I just became retarded, oh well.  ;D