News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k list - C&C  (Read 2864 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
2k list - C&C
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »
So thinking about getting back into the hobby after a good while. The new(ish) nid book makes me want to try a few things.

So here is my list

Please note - Im not sure this is entirely legal even - so do point out any mistakes you see  ;)

Army list - 1995 pts
180 - Prime with Toxin Sacs, Bone sword and Lash whip, and Norm Crown
Provides almost all the synapse to the army- which may prove to be an issue - but he should be well protected

340 - 20 Genestealers with a Broodlord
They will infiltrate if a good spot is available, or will hold back as a counter attack force

180 - 30 Termagaunts, 15 with Devorers
Front screen

230 - Tervigan with Shredershard beetles and the Miasma Cannon
Yes, he has 3 guns. The Shredershard I don't forsee getting used a lot - but would be preferable over the Stinger salvo when enemies are close - idea is to make you really not wanna assault him, or let him get close. Question: for over watch when being charged, can i fire two guns with a MC? If so can I use the Shredershard and the Cannon both templates? (a pg reference will suffice)

135 - x3 venomthropes

90 - x2 venomethropes

150 - x3 zoaranthropes

120 - x3 biovores

570 - x3 carnifexes, with dual heavy venom cannons and regen
This is the linchpin unit. Question: Can my prime join these guys?

Tactics

Termigaunts lead the way, followed by Carnifex and prime. Hiding behind the big guys are the squad of 3 venoms, and behind them are the zoans.

T= Termi
C= Carni
P= Prime
V= Venom
Z= Zoan

TTTTTTTTTTTT

C
       CPC

VVV

ZZZ

Formation something like above

Then in the back field, Biovores are lobbing mines, while the tervigan takes pot shots and the venoms there provide cover. Tervigan + spawned lil guys will go for any backfield objectives, while the stealers will maneuver to intercept any cc guys who want to engage the termigaunts.

51+ scoring models
Only 2 synapse may be an issue
Not a lot of anti-anything really
So - C&C and thanks for reading
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: 2k list - C&C
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 07:28:36 PM »
First couple of things I noticed;
- Your carnifexs are illigal. You can't have two heavy weapons.
- With the rules of IB, I would break up the carnifexes so they don't eat themselves. Especially if you're light on synapse.
- You seem light on bodies for a 2000 point list. Like you almost don't need the second brood of venomthropes at all. I would try and trim the fat where you can to put more models on the table.
- I would drop the miasma cannon and just give it the upgraded version. Still snooty but a heck of a lot cheaper. And its an MC, anything that want to charge it isn't going to be scared by the fact that you have a template weapon.
- I don't think you're light on synapse. You have 3 that give it and 5 that need it. That's a good ratio so I would drop the crown too. 

Those are my first thoughts. Polish the list a bit (and make it legal) and we will go over it again!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:35:31 PM by Halollet »
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback

As for the legality of the Carnis....

The rules say

One per model. A model cannot have both [weapon x] and [weapon y]

Thus, I took it to mean I could have weapon x and weapon x, or y and y, but not x and y.

However - I guess this could be a two-in-one rule.

Part A of the rule is the one per model
Part B of the rule is may not take x and y weapon in combination.

I can see this going either way honestly - hope it gets FAQ though.

I am legal though in attaching the prime to the carnies? If so, then I am not worried about IB.

- I would drop the miasma cannon and just give it the upgraded version. Still snooty but a heck of a lot cheaper. And its an MC, anything that want to charge it isn't going to be scared by the fact that you have a template weapon.

By upgraded version, do you mean the cluster spines? Or something else?

So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback

As for the legality of the Carnis....

The rules say

One per model. A model cannot have both [weapon x] and [weapon y]

Thus, I took it to mean I could have weapon x and weapon x, or y and y, but not x and y.

However - I guess this could be a two-in-one rule.

Part A of the rule is the one per model
Part B of the rule is may not take x and y weapon in combination.

I can see this going either way honestly - hope it gets FAQ though.

You have an interesting way of thinking.

"One per model" = 2 of the same weapon on one model?
"One per model" = 2 per model?
1 = 2?

I'm sorry, I don't see what needs to be FAQed. 

I am legal though in attaching the prime to the carnies? If so, then I am not worried about IB.

Yes, you can put the prime in with the carnies.  I'm just worried that it might be too much death starish and have disadvantages there in.  Like battle cannons, Death lasers, Ion Accelerators, etc. 
1 cannon vs unit of Carnies + Prime = up to 4 wounds inflicted.
1 cannon vs lone carnie = up to 1 wound.

I don't know, maybe it works for you in your metagame but I'm playing against it with my tau and it only works against you.

Putting your Prime in with some hormies or termies might work as well!  Great bullet sponges!  Heck, outflank/infiltrate with the stealers!  Get him there faster!

By upgraded version, do you mean the cluster spines? Or something else?

I did mean the cluster spines, couldn't think of it off the top of my head! Sorry! :D
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.