News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 list  (Read 1793 times)

Offline matthewe75

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 list
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:48:13 AM »
hello all,
I am making a list for a 1850pt tournament that is coming up. I think that it has a range of units to handle w/e it might come across.

HQ- Commander, Wargear: Fusion Blaster x2,, Iridium Battlesuit, Nuroweb System Jammer (had 3pts left over so i used them lol) = 142pts
(not going to live log but will deliver a punch to all MC and AV)

Cadre Fireblade 60pts (Warlord)

Elites- Crisis team x3, Wargear: TL Fusion Blaster x3, non TL Fusion Blaster x3 = 171pts

Riptide, Wargear: Ion Accelerator, TL SMS, Stimulant Injector, EWO = 225pts

Riptide, Wargear: Ion Accelerator, TL SMS, Stimulant Injector, EWO = 225pts

Troops- Fire Warrior Team x 12 = 108 pts

Fire Warrior Team x 12, shas'ui = 118pts

Fire Warrior Team x 12, shas'ui = 118pts

Fire Warrior Team x 7  = 72pts

Fast Attack- Pathfinder Team x 10 = 110pts

Pathfinder Team x 10  = 110pts

Pathfinder Team x 10  = 110pts

Heavy Support- Broadside Team x 2  Wargear: TL HY MP x2, TL SMS x2, EWO x2 = 140pts

Broadside team  Wargear: TL HY MP, TL SMS, EWO = 70pts

Broadside team Wargear: TL HY MP, TL SMS, EWO = 70pts

Toatal = 1849pts

With the Commander and the Crisis suits that 8 melta shots, 3 at BS 5, 2 TL, and 3 non TL, all together i can count on at least 4 hitting which means death to all AV and/or a really hurt MC

3 full groups of pathfinders will help help them survive longer as well as assist with marker lights on 3 different targets per turn

Don't really need to explain the Riptides they do what they do

I split up the Broadsides to make placement easier and to help with firing at multiple targets with out having to lose the EWO

In the event of fliers i think the broadsides should be able to handle that with the 16 TL Str 7 shots and maybe some marker lights, i thought about dropping the EWO on some and adding a velocity tracker or 2 but it seemed like a waist of the pts that could go to more Fire Warriors.

So that's the list please comment with what you think should be changed or what you like!  :)

[mod]please dont post individual item costs, thems the rules. - oink[/mod]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:34:19 AM by Shas'Oink »

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
Re: 1850 list
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:53:19 AM »
Hello and welcome to 40kOnline!

your list seems pretty solid, from a tournament perspective youve given yourself a ton of redundancy which is very important. Unfortunately the result can be a generally bland army which doesnt take a range of different models. But thats down to personal taste of course.

I think your unit set up all round are quite well refined, though I might reconsider the stims on the riptides. They are pretty beefy and you might find that you can go without... giving you points to divert. Personally, I choose plasma as second weapons, but id like to know your reasoning for going with the sms?

with the crisis team, have you considered flamers instead of the 3rd melta? I would have hoped that 3 tl would be enough... or actually just 6 separate ones... because volume is better for your list. The last hard points used by flamers will help scare off counter assaults as well as give you a way to clear cover or deal with hordes.

I would consider slimming down the pathfinder units to make them easier to hide, particularly in smaller pieces of terrain. You will struggle to hide 30 models which signs their fate as a self fulfilling prophecy!  In fact, by dropping one unit and the other tweaks above you might get enough to add two more broadsides.

Offline matthewe75

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1850 list
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
Thanks for your comments  :) . Well ill start with the reasoning behind the stimulant injectors. The way I see it is one of 2 things will happen, turn one my opponent spends half or more of his army pumping shots into the 2 riptides standing infront of the rest of my army. At that point he will have to decide if he is going to spend 2 more turns trying to drop them or is he going to let them run around and drop ap 2 large blast (that will more then likely ignore cover) on anything they seem worthy. So I find them useful considering the way I use them (minus playing nids) they will be in mid field or in their deployment zone the whole game and tend to draw a lot of low ap shots.

As far as the suits they are really their for only  2 reasons. 1. To kill anything with AV and 2. To kill MC. We all know nids will have 4 or 5 (if not more) MC in any given list and all generally have a 3+ armor save and toughness 6 or so. And that means that str 5 weapons just take to long to focus the MC as the rest of the horde swarms in. So with the squad of 4 suits droping in and popping a high priority target it frees up my riptides to drop some plates on the hordes along with way to many rifle shots.

As for the pathfinders I feel 30 is needed cause if my opponent has ever played against Tau they may skip the riptides turn one and ill have several dead pathfinders so it that case I almost wish it could be more then 30. And even if they haven't played against Tau after turn one when they remove the cover save off a high priority squad and they receive a BS 5 large blast at str 8 ap 2 and they lose the squad they will soon switch their targets. I also like taking 30 so I can have 2 forward squads to place targets for riptides and broadsides and one squad to sit behind the fire warriors for markers in shooting phase and in overwatch which generally needs 10 shots to land 2 for your fire warriors. But I see your point that dropping some to add more broadsides probably wouldn't hurt but in my mind when I see the battle unfolding and I visualize what is happening I can just picture a full squad of guards men standing there and a bunch of red dots hit them followed by that big ion shot blowing them all away and it just warms my heart to think someone waisted points on a defense line for that nice cover save LOL :)