News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: With Christmas coming and trying to build a army...  (Read 609 times)

Offline thecarpenter01

• Newest
With Christmas coming and trying to build a army...
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:00:40 PM »
As the topic says I am kind of new to tau. To be simple I have no idea what to get next. most of the time I play against MEQ's and the occasional GEQ's, being mostly guard and Space Marines. Plus the occasional CSM. So bassically I have 1 hamerhead, 1 squad of firewarriors all with rifles, 3 stealth suits with burst cannonns, 10 kroot, 1 commander with magnetised weapons. I was thinking with christmas coming up I would get some stuff. What to get? ??? I was thinking either a pirhana or a sniper team. What do you think? I was also considering the Apocalypse box with firewarriors and a devilfish. I am planning on a hybrid list right now. All help is appreciated.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: With Christmas coming and trying to build a army...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »
At first stab I'd say another Crisis or two and more Fire Warriors. Give your self a depth of the basics before going off for Snipers and Pirhanas. A Crisis (or two) other than your Commander means you may fight fires across more of the board during a game.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline .mace

• the*mace.net
Re: With Christmas coming and trying to build a army...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:13:56 AM »
I think what you should do is set yourself a goal. Make an army list including what you have at the moment, and some other units you think you might want. Set a target, Probably 750 points glancing at what you have, and just work towards it. But I'd go with what Doktor Rummy said, another Crisis Suits and more Fire Warriors. These basically form the 'core' of any Tau army, so they're good to have. But I mean if you want some variation or something different, maybe a Piranha then.