News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: non kroot army  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Tau Master

• my carbine laser dot will mark your death.
non kroot army
« on: July 19, 2002, 10:57:12 PM »
i want to start my tau army, but i don't like kroots, can my army based only in taus. i love firepower.
FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:non kroot army
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 11:02:51 PM »
Ummm, yes it can....there is nothing that says 1+ Carnivore squad.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 09:55:04 AM »
I don't use any kroot in my army. I think they suck.
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2002, 04:24:22 PM »
Farseer: Compare them to guardsmen....1 point more for extra strenght, WS and a kick ass weapon.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2002, 07:03:02 PM »
They still die very quickly.... I've never ever seen a unit of kroot fighting their way thru a unit. MY BATTLE SUITS KILLS MORE IN HAND TO HAND!!!
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Offline Mystic511

• I *Love* EldarOnline! No, really, i do!
    • Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2002, 09:49:31 PM »

They still die very quickly.... I've never ever seen a unit of kroot fighting their way thru a unit. MY BATTLE SUITS KILLS MORE IN HAND TO HAND!!!

There's nothin wrong with an all tau army.  I'm all for it.  But you shouldn't bash the kroot like that.

They can definately hold there own.  Ever see a squad of kroot in a forest?  (if you haven't, you should play with forest more!).  Shoot 12" through forest, no difficult terrain checks, and +1 cover save.

As a dark eldar player, I had a very hard time taking care of ONE squad of kroot campin out in the forest with a team of crisis suits.

Throw in a krootox and sit still with rapid fire and crisis suit fire support, assault to finish off the squad with a shaper and krootox dealin out the hits.

Kroot rifles are also very impressive.

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 06:41:24 AM »
tau do not need to use kroot it is your chose if you want them or not.  
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Master Archon

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 11:33:20 AM »
I have found that kroot can be effective.  A unit of 12 Kroot and 4 hounds in a game completely wiped out a Space Wolf squad with the armies commander in the squad!  With this being said they can be useful however I would rather spend the points on Devilfishes to get my Firewarriors into good firing positions.