News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: well rounded 1.5k tourney  (Read 627 times)

Offline Sein-Creis

• Sandviken Clan Wars
well rounded 1.5k tourney
« on: May 19, 2006, 05:48:42 PM »
Ok, I’ve been building up to this for a while. It’s primarily a tournament army, unfortunately I'm not all that fortunate with the amount of cheesers out there, so I'm trying to win the ‘army configuration’ competition as well as the prize for ‘army modeling’ (I use a lot of magnates for customization, pics to follow). I’ve already got the core parts (command squad, crisis squad, kroot, FW squad, pathfinders (no devilfish yet), 16 gun drones, 3 hammerheads.

HQ (202)
Shas’el, CIB, Burst cannon, Flamer, H/W multi-tracker
(I know ill still only be able to use 2 weapons)
2 x Crisis bodyguard, burst cannons, missile pods, multi-trackers

Elites (350)
3 x Crisis Shas’ui, burst cannons, missile pods, multi-trackers
6 x Stealth Shas’ui, 2 x Fusion Blasters

Troops (282)
12 x Kroot, Shaper, Kroot armour
12 x Shas’la, Shas’ui, Bonding knife, H/W drone controller, Marker Drone

FA (261)
8 x Pathfinders, Shas’ui, H/W Target lock, H/W Drone controller, Marker Drone, 2 x rail rifles
Devifish, 2 x Seeker missiles

Support (405)
Hammer head, Railgun, 2 burst cannons, multi-tracker, 2 x seeker missiles
3 x XV-88, 2 x multitrackers, 1 x target lock

Total 1500

So, there's no repeat squads, plenty of marker lights, 4 railguns, cc kroot, 4 seeker missiles. A fairly well rounded list.

The question is, worth forking out the extra £124 to get my army to this point? Do you reckon it will work.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)  Long live the revolution!
give me your brains

2000 pts Tau Se'cra'te

Offline Pvt. Dancer

• Dropped at the first sign of trouble
Re: well rounded 1.5k tourney
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:48:08 AM »
Why do you give your fire warriors a marker drone and not a marker light? the whole squad needs to stand still for the drone to fire, and the whole squad needs to stand still for the leader to fire aswell, it just saves you 20 points for the same result..

your shas'el hasn't got much heavy fire power, i'd swap the flamer and burstcannon for a plasma rifle, give him a targetting array aswell
Swap all the burst cannons for plasma rifles, you need to get the points from reducing your 'El's bodyguards to normal suits, as they'll jsut do the same thing
Don't give your pathfinders a marker drone, waste of points IMO..

that be it :)

Offline Sein-Creis

• Sandviken Clan Wars
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 08:59:58 AM »
Well im not intending to move the FWs at, all along with the PFs (with their rail rilfes which cant move either) and the broadsides to act as area denial. Then using the rest of the army (uncluding the devilfish) to swing round in a flanking manouver. Ive used the tactic before with my eldar and they're all pretty much the same units.

Also, if you read the rules about normal marker-lights and network marker-lights, A squad cant use marker benifits if it came from a normal marker-light in the same squad. If, however, it came from a marker drone (with a network marker light) the squad can use the marker benefits. Hence why the sky ray and the sniper teams use network marker lights instead of normal ones. So if my FWs/PFs are the only squad that can see an enemy unit they can still use their own marker light for the BS upgrade or to send in a seeker missile.

As for the lack of firepower on my crisis suits, swapping all the burst cannons for plasma rifles wouldnt leave me alot of points to play with. plus id much rather have more shots than less models and less shots. And i'll loose points on the army composition for having 2 squads of crisis suits.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:02:07 AM by Sein-Creis »
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)  Long live the revolution!
give me your brains

2000 pts Tau Se'cra'te

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »
just  hope there are no horde marine players. and personally i find more kroot/hounds more useful than armour.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *